University Village Thousand Oaks

Reviews of University Village Thousand Oaks

Assisted Living Reviews for University Village Thousand Oaks

September 12, 2012

By Nanette2

UVTO, as it has come to be known in our household, is a beautiful facility with a large sprawling campus. The residents range from those seeking independent living houses to those needing assisted living and memory care. The dining facilities are lovely and the food is good quality. The sales staff was incredibly warm and thoughtful during the sales process, however, once the deposit was paid, things swung a bit to the less-good side. Suddenly my inlaws were being pressured to accept accomodations which were more expensive than they wanted and were being scared into thinking the units they preferred could be unavailable for many months. This would require yet another medical review. People in their 80s don't like that. They are constatntly thinking of the status of their health and generally thinking the status will go down over time. UVTO has been very accomodating in allowing them to stay at the facility prior to the deposit to meet some folks and "live the UVTO life." All in all my inlaws are still looking forward to their new life and new activities and having some creature comforts coming their way and so are we.

May 02, 2012

By Seareader

University Village Thousand Oaks is an outstanding retirement community and assisted living campus. In my time visiting and even working there I found it entirely delightful. The staff is well trained and very passionate about what they do. They seem to always be present when needed and are eager to assist. The facility itself is phenomenal. It is similar to a large apartment complex; however it is broken up into various areas that make it feel cozy instead of constraining. There is a lap pool and gym available to residents that are always in pristine condition. I have swum in the pool and it is always very clean and well supervised. There is a calendar of events that is open to all residents. They plan movie nights, dances, birthday celebrations, wine tastings, and many other wonderful events. Every Sunday in the dining room is a buffet brunch. It is a very social event at which I met many kind and interesting people. If I was going to live in a retirement community, it would be one the University Villages.

April 28, 2012

By BobJoeBob

The facility was extremely spacious. There were very large roads scaling the hillside in the beautiful Wildwood area of Thousand Oaks. We visited both the assisted living facility (Named separately as "Oak View") and the independent living facility (Named "University Village"). The staff was extremely friendly and helpful in the various questions we asked. We were able to sample one of the meals in the dining room and the food was great. The dining hall is very large with a multitude servers taking care of the residents. The area surrounding the living facility was beautiful and the community seemed to enjoy traveling about with golf carts. One thing that I was impressed by was the safety features in the facility. Each resident is given a wrist band or a necklace where in the case of any emergency the facility's staff can find the exact location of the resident and reach them in minutes.

June 22, 2011

By SwmurPen

I applied to work here and I took a tour of the community while I was there. It seemed like a great place to be and everyone treated the elders and community members with respect. They have a beautiful restaraunt inside the premises and the food smelled great. The rooms are pretty spacious with a homey feel for the people there. I did not see of the members looking depressed or sad. They all seemed pretty happy and content with the community. They also have many activities you can take part in such as swimming, crafts, and sports. It truly seems like a great place to live.

Independent Living Reviews for University Village Thousand Oaks

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for University Village Thousand Oaks

Photos of University Village Thousand Oaks

Services and Amenities of University Village Thousand Oaks

About University Village Thousand Oaks

If you knew your retirement could be even better than it is now, why would you wait to move to University Village Thousand Oaks retirement community? Located on more than 65 acres of picturesque hills and valleys in gorgeous Ventura County, University Village will offer you opportunities, services and amenities you've never dreamed of. Plus, the peace of mind that comes with long-term care, that's included, should you ever need it.

We'll take care of the household maintenance and chores, so you have plenty of time and freedom to enjoy the things you want. Learn more by exploring our Continuing Life® philosophy.

From Los Angeles to Santa Barbara, there's no other community like University Village Thousand Oaks! We're just 15 minutes from Westlake Village and Simi Valley.

Map of University Village Thousand Oaks