Blue Skies Ranch

Reviews of Blue Skies Ranch

Assisted Living Reviews for Blue Skies Ranch

November 26, 2020

By Anne L

The perfect choice especially during COVID! Blue Skies Ranch keeps your family member safe without isolating them. This home's layout allows visitors to maintain social distancing with different indoor and outdoor seating areas. Spending time with my Mom was so important to me and having to see her through a window wasn't good enough. Visiting Blue Skies Ranch using protective measures allows for personal contact. It's the perfect choice!!

November 25, 2020

By Ethan K

The rooms at Blue Skies Ranch are far nicer and cleaner than any I saw at the bigger assisted living facilities. Each resident here had their own private room and daily care. When looking at places for my grandma, I was never excited about sending her to a big facility. It seemed like it would be difficult to spend time with her there, and she wasn't too excited about the thought herself either. At Blue Skies Ranch, I feel like I'm inside of a real home. The staff is extremely loving! Eilene is one of the sweetest nurses I've met and so are Eva and Gladis There is a pool, a couple of little doggies running around, and a neighborhood horse in the backyard. The residents all have a nice home cooked meal together almost every night. I would certainly recommend Blue Skies Ranch to anyone looking to put their loved one in a facility that provides around the clock care, but also allows very convenient visitation. My favorite part about Blue Skies Ranch is that I am able to come see my loved one often, but also don't have to worry when I'm not there! I can trust that she's getting good care, and is far more comfortable in this home-environment than she ever has been in the past with a larger facility! :)

November 20, 2020

By JackieLaik.

My mom was in assisted living before she was hospitalized with an infection. She then went to a skilled nursing facility before we had to decide whether to send her back to assisted living or to a board and care home. We eventually decided a board and care would be more suited to her needs and we were referred to Blue Skies Ranch by an agency. From the moment I called Eilene(the owner), I knew this was the right decision. Eilene is a lovely caring person and took excellent care of my mother in her last months. Eilene previously had taken care of her elderly mother and knew what families needed wasn't always available. She started the Blue Skies Ranch and redid the home. It is beautifully decorated and always smelled nice. It is also on a quiet street in a nice area. Eilene is also an RN and was not only compassionate, she loved spending time with my mother. She also lives in the home with the residents. My mom loved her and loved the ranch and Eilene's daughter Shannon. The caretakers played games with the tenants in the living room and let residents help pick their meals. All of the meals were served with such beautiful dishes and always looked wonderful. Eilene would spend hours watching tv with my mom and chatting with her. It is a smaller board and care with only 3-4 residents at a time. I would highly recommend it for anyone that needs more care than they can get at home. I also felt much safer having her there than in a larger facility due to the pandemic. My mom was able to visit with the other residents and play games and watch tv since there were only 3 of them. They also have a nice area set up outside for visiting. I highly recommend Blue Skies Ranch!

November 19, 2020

By Mason M

Blue Skies Ranch was a fantastic place for my mother. The living conditions are exemplary, and the staff truly caters to each clients needs. Not only could I visit my mother with ease, but I could also be sure that she was receiving the best care even when I wasn’t around. I was delighted to have a place where my mother could feel like a normal person, living in a normal house, surrounded by people and activity. The final stage of life is not an easy journey for anyone, not for my mother, not for me or my family, but finding a good assisted living provider certainly helps to ease the stress. I would certainly recommend Blue Skies Ranch to anyone looking for quality assisted living.

Questions about Blue Skies Ranch

What programs or activities does Blue Skies Ranch offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Blue Skies Ranch likes to have fun with its residents - we play cards, take walks, learn to garden in our new vegetable garden, we do crossword puzzles and play games, watch movies with popcorn, and prepare favorite meals together!

What places are near Blue Skies Ranch or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Blue Skies Ranch is located in Tarzana, California in the heart of the San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles. It is also considered to be in the Melody Acres community of Tarzana. The Topanga Mall is conveniently located close by, along with the Topanga Village full of restaurants and outdoor eating. The closest hospital is Providence Cedars-Sinai Tarzana Medical Center, which is 2.3 miles away.

What transportation services does Blue Skies Ranch offer to assisted living residents?

We assist residents in obtaining access to private transportation if needed.

What makes the chef or dining program at Blue Skies Ranch exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Blue Skies Ranch is home of the “Mason Jar Cafe”, named for our favorite Menu Designer and Food Enthusiast, Mason Mellott. We pride our efforts in providing a culinary experience that exceeds all resident’s expectations.

What safety features or security measures does Blue Skies Ranch offer to assisted living residents?

Blue Skies Ranch was recently newly constructed with safety and well-being a priority. All hallways, doorways, and bathrooms are ADA compliant. Exit doors have alarms to alert staff when access to outside has been obtained. Showers have roll-in access with showers seats and safety bars. The home has vinyl flooring, tiled bathrooms, smoke alarms through and a fire door separating sleeping quarters from the kitchen.

How does Blue Skies Ranch keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Eilene Krakover is the Administrator of Blue Skies Ranch. Eilene is a Registered Nurse and has previously worked with numerous hospice companies to care for residents in other Board and Cares and Assisted Living facilities. She quickly found that most Board and Cares can be negligent of their residents' needs and may not properly communicate with families. After Eilene cared for her own mother during her mother's last few years of life, Eilene decided to open her own Board and Care. With her passion of nursing, hospice, and overall caring for people, she communicates with residents' families on a daily basis to alert of any changed behavior, new concerns, or to simply say their loved one had a wonderful day.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Blue Skies Ranch during daytime and nighttime hours?

Day 2:4 Night 1:4

If Blue Skies Ranch accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Blue Skies Ranch is set on 1/2 acre lot and provides a vast open space for visitors and pets. Pets are welcome upon evaluation; we need to make sure that they get along with all residents, staff, and other dogs living in the facility. Eilene, the owner who lives on property, has a small dog of her own, a King Charles Spaniel named Roxy.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Eilene is a Registered Nurse and Administrator, and is licensed to train caretakers on safety, compliance, and any additional caregiving skills required for the quality of care offered at Blue Skies Ranch. Staff is supervised by the RN and continue to be informed with any new conditions/restrictions/requirements for each individual resident.

What safety features or security measures does Blue Skies Ranch provide to protect residents who wander?

Doors exits are alarmed and 1:1 shadowing is provided if needed.

Costs for Blue Skies Ranch

Photos of Blue Skies Ranch

Services and Amenities of Blue Skies Ranch

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

• State Licenses: 197609763

About Blue Skies Ranch

blueskiesranchrcfe.org

Established in 2019, Blue Skies Ranch is a newly constructed home and fully ADA compliant. Located in Tarzana, California, this home is the perfect place for your loved one in need of assisted care. 24/7 caregivers are on duty and Providence Tarzana Medical Hospital is conveniently located close by. Eilene, the owner, is a Registered Nurse and lives on-site with the residents.

Our facility is a newly constructed, ranch-style care home created to provide the best and most personable experience. Beautiful entry room for relaxing, reading a book, or having a cup of tea. There are fireplaces to provide warmth and comfort during the winter season. The main room is separated into a dining room and lounge/tv area. Outside, there is a large deck for watching the sunsets and enjoying a nice meal.

At Blues Skies Ranch, there is always a Registered Nurse, Caregiver, or Certified Nursing Assistant on duty to assist with showers, meals, and activities. We provide an intimate setting in an elegant home. With a luxury living area, private bathrooms, home-cooked meals, planned monthly activities, such as tea-parties for birthday celebrations and movie nights, your loved one will feel right at home.

Our well-trusted and trained staff not only provides the necessary medical assistance but becomes a personal friend that a resident wouldn't get at a large board and care facility. Our service is 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Your loved one is in good hands.

Our room choices include:
  • Custom Closets
  • Quiet Neighborhood/Environment
  • Beautiful View of Backyard with Sliding Doors to Outdoor Patio
  • Vegetable Garden

At Blue Skies Ranch, we strive to make the best living situation and to create a pleasant environment for both residents and caregivers. With friendly and caring staff here, we treat you like family.

Map of Blue Skies Ranch