Sunrise of Monterey

1110 Cass St., Monterey, CA 93940
Sunrise of Monterey (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 20 days

Please ask about our April Special Incentives!

Reviews of Sunrise of Monterey

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Monterey

January 18, 2015

By jmallory

Sunrise provides my mom with compassionate, sensitive, loving and professional care in their Terrace level of assisted living. New, well-maintained facility, superb staff, best institutional food mom has ever had (home made soups!). Totally supportive, welcoming, completely transparent administration. My mother and I both are completely satisfied and grateful that she's in their loving care. I can't say enough about my satisfaction with Sunrise of Monterey. Mom has been there for almost a year now and she is comfortable, safe and happy.

December 30, 2014

The reason my wife didn't want to go there is because it is a small community. Sunrise of Monterey only has 53 guests. My wife thinks the number is too constraining, and she would not be able to develop any relationships. We were pretty impressed by it in the sense that it was very large. It was like a 5-star hotel. But there were just not enough people in there. The staff was very friendly.

November 05, 2014

The staff in sunrise is sales focused, not service focused. The rooms are small, and the service is poor. The food is average and nothing exceptional. The dining room is carpeted and well-decorated. I think most residents have memory problems and probably really didn’t know where they were. They need a higher staffing level to take care of the residents.

We take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email Information@SunriseSeniorLiving.com . Thank you, Sunrise Team

June 25, 2014

By Maria32

There were no rooms at Sunrise for me to see. They were full. It was really nice. It was clean, maintained, and it looked like a home. You can see the dining area on one side. All of the staff was very nice, very accommodating. They had a schedule of activities. There were some people in a common area who were playing some games. I love the grounds. They were very clean, none of that stinky odor you get when you're in those places.

October 30, 2013

By Kathleen11

Sunrise was a lovely facility, friendly staff, clean place and I would place my husband there. It wasn't gloomy and it was bright and alive. Based upon what I've read and the locations of the others, it would suit my needs perfectly.

July 23, 2013

By Linda72615750

When it became apparent that my husband needed more specialized care than I was able to give him at home, I began what was a stressful and demanding search for an alternative. I won’t detail the many steps which led me to Sunrise of Monterey, but it was a careful and detailed process. I was first struck by the beauty of the place – elegant, tasteful, almost resort-like. My husband was a man who appreciated those things and I wanted him to live within that lovely ambiance. Next I was impressed by the supervisorial expertise. The managers I dealt with were professional, involved, responsive. But of course the most important element of all for me was the quality of the caregivers. My husband is mentally and physically helpless – completely vulnerable. I wanted him treated with loving kindness, patience and respect by well-trained compassionate people. I have not been disappointed, and this is a gift beyond price. The intelligent friendly kindness exhibited by the Sunrise staff at all levels has made a very painful situation much easier for myself and my family, and for this we are deeply appreciative.

June 28, 2013

By CherylinCali

I came to Sunrise as a respite after surgery. My residence was beautiful and comfortable. The care managers were amazing! I had to constantly have help getting in and out of bed and their response was always prompt. They were cheerful, friendly and always asking me what else I might need to be more comfortable. The food was very good and I always had choices and could get something not on the menu if I wanted. I had a very positive experience and I highly recommend them.

Photos of Sunrise of Monterey

Services and Amenities of Sunrise of Monterey

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Coffee Shop
  • Features Extra: Library

• Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Financial Guidance Extra: City Of Monterey, Low Income Housing For A Select Number Of Assisted Living Companion Suites

• Low Fat