Eskaton Village Grass Valley Grass Valley, CA

Reviews of Eskaton Village Grass Valley

Assisted Living Reviews for Eskaton Village Grass Valley

September 12, 2017

By Carolemac1

Thank you Eskaton staff for the wonderful loving care you provided for my mother in law. The facilities are first class. I have requested this facility for myself and spouse should we need to be somewhere other than our home

September 12, 2017

By sami123

I was very happy with how well Eskaton treated my grandmother, it is a caring, positive place and our family couldn't be happier.

September 11, 2017

By Mikeh56

Beautiful community, by far the best I've toured!

September 03, 2017

By Dan54

I recently moved my 89-year old mother into an assisted living apartment in the Lodge at Eskaton Grass Valley. From our first interaction, the staff have been great to work with; professional, caring, and thorough. The entire operation is first class and I think my mother is in a great situation with real caregivers.
Dan, Thank you for the kind words. We aim to provide the best care possible. As a nonprofit, Eskaton's vision is to Transform the Aging Experience and our mission is to enhance the quality of life of seniors through innovative housing, health care and social service. Please always feel free to provide feedback to how we can better care for your mom.

October 04, 2016

By Cynthia553721

I was very impressed with Eskaton, and we don’t live far from it. It just seemed they had more available all around, but I guess it depends on the condition of the person who’s there and if they have any memory of what’s going on. Eskaton would be great for people who want to remain active because they have a swimming pool, and there seems to be quite a few buses going everywhere into town. And they are right next to a high school which has activities, plays and music, and a theater. If it was me going into one of those places, I would probably take Eskaton. I didn’t eat a meal there, but it seemed like the menu was interesting, and they were really working on having good food.
Thank you Cynthia for the wonderful review. We've been recognized over the last 12 years as the best community by the reader of the Union newspaper and this makes both our residents and staff very proud. We are happy to hear you've had a 5 Star experience at our community too. Please join us for lunch by calling Yvonne at (530) 273-1778.

July 27, 2016

By Jim107726

Eskaton Village Grass Valley had a nice entrance. The residents seemed to be nowhere in sight and off doing something. The rooms were OK. The dining area had a really nice view of the grounds. They had a movie room, library, and salon.
Jim, Thank you for taking the time to post a review. If you have a moment, please take a look at the activity calendar http://www.eskaton.org/PDFs/calendar-village-grass-valley.pdf. Our resident like to keep busy and often take advantage of the outings. There are also daily fitness classes, so make sure to check out the fitness center next time. We look forward to seeing you again.

June 15, 2016

By Fran181252

Thank God we came to Eskaton Lodge in Grass Valley! It was Christmas. My husband was having trouble walking and I couldn’t handle alone. We signed up for a 3-month “respite” and settled into a lovely, spotless apartment where we could be together. I was still my husband’s caretaker but I had help when I needed it. Eskaton nurses connected with our doctor. They helped us call in PT & OT. We had wonderful meals, a comfortable bed, and were surrounded by cheerful, loving caregivers, and friendly residents. In spite of all the help, my husband continued to decline, but at least we were still together. We extended our stay past the 3 month respite period. When it was time the nurse called in hospice to make my husband comfortable, our family members arrived to say “good bye”, I was able to order lunch delivered to our room - for 12! And, Eskaton set tables together in the dining room so we could eat together. Thank you Eskaton for making a difficult time in our lives as smooth as possible.
Our heart goes out to your and your family.

May 10, 2016

By JeanetteOCZVW

I’ve moved my mom into Eskaton Village Grass Valley and am very happy with it. They have a medical staff that will administer her medications. She has her own apartment, so she can be left alone as much as she wants and still feels independent. She only calls when she needs assistance. Right now, she has been wanting to stay in her room and watch TV, so that’s better than trying to force her into a community situation where she is going to be depressed. I wish she would socialize, but the action is there, so when she wants to socialize at least it’s there. I like that she has her independence still and has her own space, apartment, and bathroom. I also like that they bring her meals to her room when she is not making it to the dining room. She has a little kitchenette, so if she wants something special, I could fix her something right there without bothering the kitchen. I think they’re great. It is a very well-organized business. The staff is very caring and impressive. This place really feels like it is there for its residents. It feels very homey and very comfortable.
Thank you Jeanette for the lovely review. The brilliant part of community living is that older adults can have their privacy and be social. Too often older loved ones become isolated in their own homes which can lead to a decline in health. Eskaton residents can choose to be social, or enjoy a quiet space of their own, and their independence remains intact without being isolated from the services they need to have a good quality of life. Thank you for choosing Eskaton.

March 26, 2016

By Carolyn121939050

Eskaton Village was very nice, large, and clean. The rooms were much too large for my friend, as she doesn’t get around too well. It was newer and more modern, but it didn’t have a homey feeling. I rate it as a 5, but it just wasn't a good fit for my friend.
Thank you for sharing your experience.

November 08, 2015

Eskaton Village was actually the one that was most impressive to me for my mom. My mom really liked this facility. This was the one that she thought was the best, but it was a lot more expensive. They had a lot more to offer. Their rooms were similar to the other facility. The one difference was that the kitchens at Eskaton Village were full kitchens, and that was a nice feature. The staff was great both in the tours and follow-up phone calls. They're exceptional. Activities would be a 5 because they were the standard that I was looking at. They have art classes. The facility has a swimming pool, and they have aquatics program too. It was just top-of-the-mark. Also, it was in a secure location in the woods, and their food was great.

October 30, 2015

By Anonymous. Son

We liked Eskaton Village. If my parents both survive, they may end up here. The staff was nice and plenty of them giving lots of attention to residents. The small size of it was a plus. My parents’ friends were there, so they already have a favorable impression of it. My wife and I visited and we liked pretty much everything about it. The grounds were beautiful. They have an attentive staff and happy residents. Everything was clean and the apartments were nice. It was great and probably the best we've seen. They had organized activities and field trips.

April 07, 2015

My relative is Eskaton Village Grass Valley. The staff is very professional, very well trained, and she is very much happier there than she was in the previous place. The apartments are beautiful and spacious. She is in a small apartment, but it is very comfortable for her needs. They have all manner of apartments available because some of the people there are not there for illness, but they are just there for retirement. So, there is a wide variety of people, activities, and rooms. It is just less focused on illness and more focused on activities and preserving memory and all that. The food is excellent. The chef is wonderful. They have very fresh well prepared food. The activities are planned for different levels of ability. All of the staff people are professional in their chosen area. So, it is well planned and well designed. It is one of the nicest I have seen.

Independent Living Reviews for Eskaton Village Grass Valley

September 17, 2017

By BBQmaster

Everyone in the community was amazing! From the Care staff to the residents, The building is beautiful and the food was great! Hoping my mother will move in, it's the best place in town!

September 17, 2017

By stormy12

The community is almost as beautiful as the people who work there!

September 15, 2017

By ForrestLee

My grandfather moved form his home in Lake WildWood of 50 plus years , our family is grateful for the love and care the Staff provides . We haven't seen him this active since my grandmothers passing 4 years ago . Eskaton has become our extended family

By Lauren C.

I am a regular at Eskaton and it is the best! Every time I am there it is evident that the residents are happy. The Special Events are over the top and there is always something fun to do. It is easy to see how dedicated the staff is to enriching the lives of everyone there.

By CL73

I visit Eskaton Village Grass Valley on a regular basis. The staff is friendly and the residents seem very happy! I have visited other communities in the area and Eskaton is by far the best!

By reneejscott

Eskaton Village has been a real comfort for my mom. She's met new friends and enjoys the activities. Thank you to the staff!

September 13, 2017

By caden

I toured the Grass Valley Eskaton thinking of placement for my mother. I found the facility and staff top notch. I'm sure this community is going to be a perfect match.

September 13, 2017

By Bettyforever

Hooray for Eskaton! The absolute best community in town. The staff is super professional. The atmosphere is uplifting and the happiness of the residents' makes be smile every time I visit.

September 11, 2017

By NFoster

I love it here! I'm very happy at Eskaton Village Grass Valley. I'm gonna stay here. There's a lot of activities. People are very friendly. Employees treat me wonderfully. I feel at home.
Mrs. Foster, we are so happy to hear you love it here at Eskaton Village Grass Valley. It's your home and we work here to make your life comfortable and full of joy.

March 31, 2017

The care and service here is beyond 5 stars. Under both the best and worst circumstances our parents have been treated with the utmost respect and compassion. We are confident that our mom will be able to live an exciting and independent life here for many years. (Lynette is amazing!)

March 29, 2017

By Georgie470773

The employees are well-mannered and always pleasant when asked to do some particular errand or work for you.

June 17, 2016

By Barbara N064123

My husband and I came to the "Yes I Can!" seminar at Eskaton Village Grass Valley. After the seminar, we asked for a tour of the community. Yvonne showed us around and answered all of our questions. She is so cheerful and efficient; truly she is outstanding! I own a real estate business and I would love to recruit her to work for me. My husband and I will return to Eskaton Village Grass Valley!
Barbara, thank you for visiting Eskaton. Yvonne was very pleased to hear your raving review. Unfortunately, we value her too much to allow you to recruit her. Keep coming back, you and your husband are always welcome.

June 09, 2016

By Lois T525883

Been here 1 1/2 years. Made a lot of nice friends and I am very happy here. All of the staff has been very friendly and accommodating.
Thank you Lois for the kind words. Our staff appreciate it very much!

May 10, 2016

By RRDKCW

Eskaton Village had everything. They had two-bedroom and one bedroom apartments with rooms like hospital rooms. The staff was great. The food was good. It was a nice, clean facility.
Thank you for your review. If you didn't get a chance to tour all four floor plans, check them out here: http://www.eskaton.org/village-grass-valley/floorplans.html.

Costs for Eskaton Village Grass Valley

Photos of Eskaton Village Grass Valley

Services and Amenities of Eskaton Village Grass Valley

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• State Licenses: 297001933

• About Eskaton Village Grass Valley

Nestled in tree-covered hills, Eskaton Village Grass Valley (A Multiservice Retirement Community) meets the preferences of seniors seeking maintenance-free living in an historic foothill location. Eskaton Village Grass Valley is situated on 42 acres in a quiet residential area but within a short distance of medical, shopping and recreational resources. It is adjacent to the Litton Trail for those who enjoy extended walks. A shared boundary with the Nevada County campus of Sierra College provides easy access to educational opportunities. Several churches are close, and a golf course and tennis club are nearby.

Eskaton Village Grass Valley has 57 assisted living apartments that provide personal care and medication management as well as hospitality services (meals, housekeeping, laundry, etc.) Monthly fees are based on each individual's need for assistance.

Amenities and services include:
    • Apartments with kitchenettes featuring microwave oven and refrigerator
    • All meals provided
    • Three meals daily
    • Between-meal snacks
    • Physician-prescribed special diets
    • Licensed nurse (LVN) on staff
    • Professional dietary consultant on staff
    • Weekly housekeeping services
    • Linen and laundry services (excluding dry cleaning)
    • Assistance in planning and meeting medical and dental appointments
    • Social and recreational activities
    • Scheduled

Apartment Features

Kitchenette, Temperature Control, Emergency Call System

Bathrooms: Private

Facility Features

Activities/Recreation, Beauty/Barber Shop, Chapel Services, Internet Access, Private Dining Room, Fitness Room/Gym, Gardens/Outside Patio, Facility Parking, Private Laundry, Overnight Guest Room, Guest Meals, Room Service, Pharmaceutical Service, Transportation, Pet Permitted

Eskaton Village Grass Valley (a Multiservice Retirement Community) is situated on 42 acres in a quiet residential area but within a short distance of medical, shopping and recreational resources. It is adjacent to the Litton Trail for those who enjoy extended walks. A shared boundary with the Nevada County campus of Sierra College provides easy access to educational opportunities. Several churches are close, and a golf course and tennis club are nearby.

No maintenance! Eskaton Village Grass Valley is maintained by Eskaton and the Eskaton-managed homeowners association. Residents need not be concerned with landscaping, lawn care, snow removal or exterior home maintenance and repairs. For apartment residents, interior maintenance is included as well.

Home Ownership OR Apartment Living:

Service-rich retirement community and home ownership. Eskaton partnered with Treasure Homes, a Roseville-based home-builder, to construct the patio homes and sell them directly to Eskaton Village residents. An Eskaton-managed homeowners association provides exterior maintenance, emergency response, on-site shuttle and other services to homeowners. New residents may purchase homes from current owners.

Apartment living. The Lodge at Eskaton Village Grass Valley offers 80 apartments that include a variety of services as well as rent and utilities in the monthly fee. Three floor plans are available.

Rooms

Utilities, Included, Wheel Chair accessible, Full Kitchen

Community Features

TV Room, Laundry Facilities, Guest Rooms, Clubhouse, Housecleaning, Computer Room, Pharmacy, Parking, Fitness Center, Swimming Pool Billiards, Greenhouse/Garden, Guest Speakers, Volunteer Programs

Map of Eskaton Village Grass Valley