Solstice Senior Living at Bakersfield

Reviews of Solstice Senior Living at Bakersfield

Independent Living Reviews for Solstice Senior Living at Bakersfield

April 06, 2018

By Nellie Ann

I moved into Solstice Senior Living, and my experience has been very good. I liked the area, and it's not too far from where I live. They have Mexican Train, and a Bridge group. My apartment is very nice, but very small, and so it's an adjustment to make. The facility is beautiful, and the meals are nice. The staff is fine.

March 09, 2018

By Diane

Solstice Senior Living at Bakersfield was very well-maintained. The staff seemed very friendly. The facilities looked very well taken care of and it seemed like everybody was happy there. They have lots of activities too. They have Bingo, chair aerobics, and puzzles. It's in a very nice area of town. The rates are competitive. The food is very bland. It wouldn't be something that I would like, but maybe some seniors would. It's a little bit better kept up and the neighborhood was better than the other place I saw.

November 17, 2016

By Deborah513048

It was very nice, clean, and bright. They had nice landscaping, and it was very comfortable. The person who assisted me was very nice and helped as best she could. They had card games going on, and they have a library. The dining area looks very good. They will have a day for trick or treating where the kids could come in and show people their costumes; I was welcomed to come and I could bring someone with me, so that was nice. They also have a beauty shop.

September 30, 2016

By Albert577687

It was very nice. The people were nice. The food was good. Everything was clean. I like the 2-bedrooms; they had fixed it really nice. They had all the activities there. They had pools and exercise rooms. There were no complaints.

December 28, 2015

By Gary115825050

I was very pleased. The community was very nice, and their rooms were of a nice size. It would be a very nice place to live.

June 29, 2015

By Jerry49

Everything was good -- the staff, the dining room, facilities, and the activities. The rooms were really nice and certainly fit the bill. Their assistance was good. It's clean and fairly well laid out. Carriage House Estates was on a flat area, so it would be safer for my mother to walk around with her walker. They did have a nice walking area on one side of it. They seemed to be very caring.

June 18, 2015

By Tara2

My dad is here. It is awesome. The apartments are very nice. Everything is kept clean. It is just a nice place. The staff members will go out of their way to help the residents. They have activities like playing cards and bowling.

January 21, 2015

By Pat101406150

It is very nice. I have a friend who lives there in the assisted living. Her room is very nice. She has a studio which is quite large. The staff is very nice. The food is really good, and they have all kinds of activities from bingo to education classes.

Questions about Solstice Senior Living at Bakersfield

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Shopping: Trader Joe's, Albertson's, Walmart, Home Depot, CVS and Walgreens. Restaurants: California Pizza Kitchen, BJ Restaurant, Applebee's, Tahoe Joes, Firehouse, PF Changs Education: California State University, Bakersfield and Bakersfield College

What transportation services does Solstice Senior Living at Bakersfield offer to independent living residents?

Daily transportation to doctors appointments, shopping, banking, post office...

What makes the chef or dining program at Solstice Senior Living at Bakersfield exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Always Available Menu, Solstice Elevate Program for Culinary, Daily Specials at all meals, home cooking, fresh ingredients, always from scratch.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Activity Room, Card Room, Fitness Center, Chapel, Library, TV Lounge, Game Room.

What safety features or security measures does Solstice Senior Living at Bakersfield offer to independent living residents?

'5 Star' pendant system for all residents that has GPS location.

If Solstice Senior Living at Bakersfield accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Pet Policy - $25 per month pet rent per pet. Breeds excluded (Pit Bulls, Rottweiler's, and German Shepherds), max weight 30lbs, max height 18". Must have all vaccination records.

Does Solstice Senior Living at Bakersfield work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We provide options for our residents to choose from but do not provide nursing or medical assistance.

Costs for Solstice Senior Living at Bakersfield

Photos of Solstice Senior Living at Bakersfield

Services and Amenities of Solstice Senior Living at Bakersfield

• Housing Extra: Cottages

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails

• Get Costs

About Solstice Senior Living at Bakersfield

Independent living is just that, you live independently enjoying the company of your friends and neighbors while we provide the convenience of restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, laundry, transportation services and much more. We believe you have earned the right to a care-free lifestyle. Let us do the daily chores so you can do the daily fun!

Map of Solstice Senior Living at Bakersfield