Solstice Senior Living at Bakersfield

Reviews of Solstice Senior Living at Bakersfield

Independent Living Reviews for Solstice Senior Living at Bakersfield

August 14, 2021

By Josue

Solstice Senior Living at Bakersfield was fine. They're great, very friendly, welcoming, and have several options. The staff is very helpful and knowledgeable. They had a library. The food was OK; it didn't look great.

Thank you for your review of Solstice at Bakersfield! We appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback. Have a great day!

November 17, 2020

By CJ

Very impressed with the care my parents get at Solstice. Before Covid - they had so many fun things to do and entertainment at least once a month , sometimes twice a month. During Covid, they are doing their very best to keep everyone safe, doing games by speaker and trying their best!! Delivering meals to the rooms and encouraging residents to exercise. Thank you staff and workers I would love to name people but don't want to miss anyone!! Sincerely, a happy daughter, CJ

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our community. We are so happy to hear that your loved ones are enjoying living at Solstice Senior Living at Bakersfield.

July 15, 2020

By GH

Solstice Senior Living at Bakersfield is a beautiful place, but we had to find more of an assisted living place for my mother. The people were very compassionate. They came by and knocked on her door, and they tried their best to accommodate her needs. The food was good. Even the chef came in to ask her how the food was. Everyone was really great. We chose that place because of the area and the beautiful surroundings; it was nice inside and out. If your loved one needs more care, you have to purchase that outside of the facility. It's very independent.

January 01, 2020

By Michelle

We have chosen Solstice Senior Living at Bakersfield for my parents. The price was reasonable for all the amenities. The place was very clean, and the people were really nice and very welcoming. It has everything that my parents need at this time. The rooms have been updated and have new carpets. They have nice flooring and a lot of closet space. My parents will be moving in in January. I would live there if I could live there. They have a chef and a nutritionist. Food is very balanced and you have a lot of choices. They bake their own bread and they make their own dessert. It is really nice; it is really good. They have all kinds of stuff. They have a game room; they have activities all day long. When we were there, they were having a fireside chat with eggnog. They have happy hours, they have a chapel, and they have three or four services every week for different religions. They have a lot going on.

June 06, 2019

By M.R.

We visited the solstice Senior Living at Bakersfield. I liked it and I think I would go there before others. The staff was fine. The food was very good and filling, and the dining area was good. It was like a restaurant where the service was good, had a good selection, and it was more than I expected. The rooms were OK, nice, and when someone moves out, they made it new again. They showed me one model; one room was smaller, and I would choose a bigger one if I will go there. You can go outside and walk around. It’s located close to where I live, and I love this area. You can tell they work hard to keep them upkeep. Everything looks almost new, the furniture doesn’t look worn, and it’s really clean, quiet, and smells like a new facility.

May 29, 2019

By Carol

I went to Solstice Senior Living. It was small, and the rooms were small, but it was even more expensive than the other places I looked at. It was beautiful, but my mom didn't like how the men were dressed in suits. It made her very uncomfortable. It was too formal for her on a day-to-day basis. The staff was awesome.

April 06, 2018

By Nellie Ann

I moved into Solstice Senior Living, and my experience has been very good. I liked the area, and it's not too far from where I live. They have Mexican Train, and a Bridge group. My apartment is very nice, but very small, and so it's an adjustment to make. The facility is beautiful, and the meals are nice. The staff is fine.

March 09, 2018

By Diane

Solstice Senior Living at Bakersfield was very well-maintained. The staff seemed very friendly. The facilities looked very well taken care of and it seemed like everybody was happy there. They have lots of activities too. They have Bingo, chair aerobics, and puzzles. It's in a very nice area of town. The rates are competitive. The food is very bland. It wouldn't be something that I would like, but maybe some seniors would. It's a little bit better kept up and the neighborhood was better than the other place I saw.

Questions about Solstice Senior Living at Bakersfield

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Shopping: Trader Joe's, Albertson's, Walmart, Home Depot, CVS and Walgreens. Restaurants: California Pizza Kitchen, BJ Restaurant, Applebee's, Tahoe Joes, Firehouse, PF Changs Education: California State University, Bakersfield and Bakersfield College

What transportation services does Solstice Senior Living at Bakersfield offer to independent living residents?

Daily transportation to doctors appointments, shopping, banking, post office...

What makes the chef or dining program at Solstice Senior Living at Bakersfield exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Always Available Menu, Solstice Elevate Program for Culinary, Daily Specials at all meals, home cooking, fresh ingredients, always from scratch.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Activity Room, Card Room, Fitness Center, Chapel, Library, TV Lounge, Game Room.

What safety features or security measures does Solstice Senior Living at Bakersfield offer to independent living residents?

'5 Star' pendant system for all residents that has GPS location.

If Solstice Senior Living at Bakersfield accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Pet Policy - $25 per month pet rent per pet. Breeds excluded (Pit Bulls, Rottweiler's, and German Shepherds), max weight 30lbs, max height 18". Must have all vaccination records.

Does Solstice Senior Living at Bakersfield work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We provide options for our residents to choose from but do not provide nursing or medical assistance.

Costs for Solstice Senior Living at Bakersfield

Payment options

• Credit Card
  • Check

About Solstice Senior Living at Bakersfield

Independent living is just that, you live independently enjoying the company of your friends and neighbors while we provide the convenience of restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, laundry, transportation services and much more. We believe you have earned the right to a care-free lifestyle. Let us do the daily chores so you can do the daily fun!

Map of Solstice Senior Living at Bakersfield