12 Assisted Living Facilities near Two Rivers, WI
Also serving communities of Kewaunee.
There are 12 Assisted Living Facilities in the Two Rivers area, with 3 in Two Rivers and 9 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Two Rivers is $3,400 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Brillion with an average starting cost of $3,079.
To help you with your search, browse the 25 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Two Rivers. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Two Rivers 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Manitowoc with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Two Rivers, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Two Rivers, WI
9 Assisted Living Facilities near Two Rivers, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Two Rivers
Two Rivers, Wisconsin, known as the birthplace of the ice cream sundae, is a small community along Lake Michigan. The population here is just over 11,000 and adults over 65 make up 20 percent of it. This large population of seniors is served by three assisted living facilities in town and nine in the surrounding areas. These communities are licensed by the Wisconsin Department of Health and Family Services, who defines them as community-based residential facilities (CBRFs) that provide room and board to five or more residents who require care below an intermediate nursing level.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Two Rivers
- Two Rivers has a more moderate climate than some inland cities due to its proximity to Lake Michigan. Winters can be quite cold with temperatures dropping to lows of 13 degrees Fahrenheit in January. Snowfall is above the U.S. average of 26 inches at 42 inches annually. This might affect seniors who enjoy the outdoors. Summers are warm and pleasant with highs of 77 degrees in July.
- Two Rivers is a good place to live for seniors on a budget as the cost of living here is 24.6 percent lower than the U.S. average. Transportation, grocery and housing costs are all below national medians with health care 26 points above average.
- Manitowoc County received an F grade for ozone from the American Lung Association. This may be an important consideration for seniors with respiratory ailments.
- Wisconsin is considered a retirement tax-friendly state as it doesn't tax Social Security benefits or pensions. This can leave seniors living in Two Rivers with more money in their budget to put towards assisted living.
- Seniors can feel safe living in Two Rivers as crime here is low. The town is safer than 38 percent of other U.S. cities. For violent and property crime, it scored 13.1 and 22.9 out of 100, respectively, compared to the national averages of 31.1 and 38.1, respectively.
- Seniors who don't drive may find it difficult to get around town as there are no public buses. However, the Two Rivers Senior Center has its Two Rivers Unique Senior Transportation (T.R.U.S.T.) program, which offers seniors rides to medical appointments and errands. The Aging & Disability Resource Center of the Lakeshore also offers transportation for adults over 65.
Paying for Assisted Living in Two Rivers
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Two Rivers start around $3,400 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Two Rivers and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Two Rivers
Seniors in Sun Prairie may apply for financial assistance for assisted living through the Wisconsin Department of Health Services’ Family Care program, which helps cover services for personal and medical care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Two Rivers
Two Rivers and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Two Rivers, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Two Rivers
Two Rivers-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Two Rivers, WI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Two Rivers
Review of Atrium Senior Living of Two Rivers at Northland Lodge
My dad was at the Atrium Senior Living of Two Rivers at Northland Lodge, and they were very good. His room was adequate and comfortable, but the wing he was in was in an older building. The meals w... Read more
Review of Meadow View
If they don't like a resident they find a reason to get rid of you. They are quite often short handed on staff. They feed the same food over and over. Read more
Review of Atrium Senior Living of Two Rivers at Northland Lodge
We toured many places in the area for our parents. This place by far was the most inviting and homelike. My parents ended up moving in about 8 months ago. The staff have become part of our family.... Read more