12 Assisted Living Facilities near Manitowoc, WI
There are 12 Assisted Living Facilities in the Manitowoc area, with 9 in Manitowoc and 3 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Manitowoc is $3,616 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Two Rivers with an average starting cost of $3,476.
To help you with your search, browse the 24 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Manitowoc. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Manitowoc 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Howards Grove with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Manitowoc, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Manitowoc, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Manitowoc
Manitowoc, Wisconsin, is called the state's maritime capital due to its beautiful harbor on the shore of Lake Michigan. Seniors in the area can take advantage of the beautiful Manitowoc Marina and the historic Mariners Trail which are just perfect for walking and riding bikes. In this community of 33,000 people, 7.7 percent are aged 65 and over. There are nine assisted living facilities in Manitowoc and three in the neighboring community of Two Rivers, Wisconsin.
In Manitowoc and the rest of Wisconsin, assisted living facilities are designed for those who require some level of care, but opt to live without 24-hour nursing support. Assisted living facilities are monitored and controlled by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Manitowoc
- Manitowoc experiences a significant amount of lake effect snow each year due to its proximity to Lake Michigan. Average snowfall each year is 42 inches, and temperatures dip to an average of 13 degrees Fahrenheit. Summers can be very warm with average highs of 78 degrees. The winter snowfalls and high heat and humidity can create respiratory and mobility complications for some seniors.
- The cost of living in Manitowoc is 15.1 percent lower than the national average. Items with lower than average prices in the Manitowoc area are groceries, housing and utilities.
- The sales tax rate in Manitowoc is favorable for seniors at 5.0 percent compared to the U.S. average of 6.0 percent. Those seniors who choose to remain employed in Manitowoc will experience a higher than normal income tax rate of 6.3 percent compared to the U.S. average of 4.6 percent.
- Seniors may access public transportation in Manitowoc via the Maritime Metro Transit (MMT). Reduced fares are offered to individuals aged 65 and over, as well as those with disabilities. Applications for the Reduced Fare Card are available at the Maritime Metro Transit office.
- The Senior Center in Manitowoc is a great place to socialize, learn and have fun. Activities are open to individuals aged 55 and over. Typical activities include bingo, bus tours, day trips, monthly movies, weekly card and board games and craft classes.
Paying for Assisted Living in Manitowoc
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Manitowoc start around $3,616 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Manitowoc and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Manitowoc
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Manitowoc
Manitowoc and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Manitowoc, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Manitowoc
Manitowoc-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Manitowoc, WI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Manitowoc
Review of Fieldcrest Manor
We toured Fieldcrest Manor, but they don't have anything for a husband and wife. The lady that showed us around was very nice, and answered my questions, but they only had small, single rooms. They... Read more
Review of Fieldcrest Manor
Fieldcrest Manor was nice and the staff was nice. There seems to be quite a few activities for anybody who wants to be involved in anything. Read more
Review of River Woods Place
I don't have anything bad to say about River Woods Place. It's newer and modern, and their meals are served in a fine dining type of atmosphere that looks like a restaurant. Whenever we need someth... Read more