4 Assisted Living Facilities in Wichita Falls, TX
Also serving communities of Bowie, Nocona, Vernon.
The average cost of assisted living in Wichita Falls is $2,578 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 30 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Wichita Falls. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Wichita Falls 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 6 families in Wichita Falls find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Wichita Falls, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Wichita Falls
Wichita Falls is home to The River Bend Nature Center, an impressive nature reserve that offers discounts to seniors. With more than 19 percent of the residents of Wichita Falls over the age of 60, there is an obvious need for senior living communities in the area. There are four of these assisted living communities in the Wichita Falls area that help support local seniors with the tasks of daily living including housework, laundry and medication management. The Texas Health and Human Services Department regulates assisted living communities in Brownsville and the surrounding areas.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Wichita Falls
- In Wichita Falls, the summers are generally hot, humid, and mostly clear and the winters are cold and somewhat windy. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 32°F to 97°F and is rarely below 21°F or above 105°F, meaning the weather is usually suitable for seniors who enjoy spending time outdoors.
- Residents of Wichita Falls have a one in 234 chance of becoming a victim of violent crime, which is slightly higher than the Texas average of one in 230. The likelihood of becoming a victim of property crime in the Wichita Falls area is one in 28, which is somewhat higher than the state average of one in 36. Vulnerable seniors can rest assured knowing that they live in a relatively safe area.
- Social Security retirement benefits and all other types of retirement income are tax-free in the state of Texas, which leaves seniors with more available money.
The Wichita Falls Alliance for Arts and Culture hosts a variety of concerts and theatrical productions throughout the year, with something that will be of interest to seniors whatever their interest.
- The Wichita Falls area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Promise Hospital of Wichita Falls and the United Regional Health Care System, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Wichita Falls has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Red Door Senior Center, an organization that helps seniors feel fulfilled in their daily lives, as well as two other senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Wichita Falls
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in Wichita Falls start around $2,543 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Wichita Falls and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Wichita Falls
Texas has two programs that help to subsidize the cost of assisted living facilities. Eligible seniors can recieve funding from either Community Based Alternative (CBA) Medicaid or STAR PLUS Medicaid Waiver services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Wichita Falls
Wichita Falls and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Wichita Falls, please visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Wichita Falls
Wichita Falls-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Wichita Falls, TX
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Wichita Falls
Review of Elmcroft of Lake Wellington
The care that they provide at Elmcroft of Lake Wellington is super. It's a clean and nice place with lots of activities, and the staff is very caring and helpful. They had activities like shopping ... Read more
Review of Arbor House
My mother has been a resident of the Arbor House for several years. I like that it is a smaller community of seniors and that all of the apartments are on one floor. The staff is very attentive. My... Read more
Review of Arbor House
My husband has been a resident at Arbor House for the past six months. My family and I are so thankful for the entire staff. From management to sweet ladies who help make Allen’s life easier, they ... Read more