4 Assisted Living Facilities in Lawton, OK
The average cost of assisted living in Lawton is $1,887 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,346.
To help you with your search, browse the 25 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lawton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lawton 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Duncan with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lawton, call (855) 863-8283.
Other Options in Lawton, OK
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lawton
Review of The Brentwood Senior Living
My mother-in-law is at The Brentwood Senior Living. I have been very impressed with it. I'm very happy and she is happy there. She absolutely loves the food. The room is very nice and clean. The st... Read more
Review of Brookridge Retirement Community
My mom is interested in Brookridge Retirement Community. My mom is there every week and twice a week for activities. It's clean, well-organized, has great activities, and everybody's friendly. My m... Read more
Review of The Chateau of Lawton
My mother-in-law moved into the Chateau of Lawton. It's a very small facility, they have three meals a day plus three snacks, and they have activities on a daily basis. Most people have their own 1... Read more
Assisted Living near Comanche County, OK
More Options Near Lawton, OK
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lawton
Lawton was founded to support Fort Sill, which still provides this city with economic and population stability. For example, Lawton’s population growth has been particularly modest since 2000, and the senior population of 8.7 percent has also changed little during this period. Senior citizens in the Lawton area can choose from four assisted living facilities, and nearby Duncan has additional facilities. Assisted living facilities in Oklahoma are regulated by the State Department of Health and described as "assisted living centers." In addition to a residence, these facilities also provide seniors with help in daily living, including general care.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lawton
- Lawton has a dry subtropical climate, so the summers are consistently hot and dry. The average high temperature in July and August is 95 degrees, with highs averaging 51 degrees in December and January. Seniors will need to limit their exposure to the sun during the summer in Lawton.
- The cost of living is quite low in Lawton, at about 81 percent of the national average. Housing is only 40 percent of the national average, but health and transportation are respectively four and nine percent above the national average. Seniors should thus find living in Lawton to be generally affordable.
- The overall crime rate in Lawton is 48.3 crimes per thousand people per year. This rate is very high since only six percent of cities in the United States have a higher crime rate. Senior citizens in Lawton should be cautious with their personal safety when going out.
- The Lawton Area Transit System is the primary public transportation system in Lawton. These buses are equipped to carry a range of passenger types, including senior citizens and those with disabilities. Fares and passes are available for senior citizens at a substantial discount.
- The Center for Creative Living is one of the largest senior centers in Lawton. This facility maintains a full calendar of events for senior citizens, including card and board games, exercises and educational classes. The Center for Creative Living also sponsors a variety of special events in addition to its regular schedule.
- The Lawton area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Commanche County Memorial Hospital, Southwestern Medical Center and Reynolds Army Community Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lawton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Oklahoma
Assisted Living costs in Lawton start around $1,887 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lawton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lawton
The Medicaid Waiver programs in Oklahoma provide senior citizens with financial assistance for assisted living. For example, applicants 65 years and older are eligible for the OK Sooner Services program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lawton
Lawton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lawton, please visit our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lawton
Lawton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Oklahoma are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page for more information about these laws.