4 Assisted Living Facilities in Fredericksburg, TX
The average cost of assisted living in Fredericksburg is $3,425 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,346. Cheaper nearby regions include Kerrville with an average starting cost of $3,175.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Fredericksburg. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Fredericksburg 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Kerrville with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Fredericksburg, call (855) 863-8283.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Fredericksburg
Review of Knopp Retirement Center
I knew someone who lived at Knopp Retirement Center, and I was able to visit the facility several times. She was very happy there. They had a domino games going on every night. They encourage the r... Read more
Review of Knopp Assisted Living Center Inc
I didn't like the environment at Knopp Assisted Living Center, it was not joyful, kind of dark and cold. They have a dining room and the food is good, more of like in a hotel, but my father-in-law ... Read more
Assisted Living near Gillespie County, TX
More Options Near Fredericksburg, TX
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Fredericksburg
Listed by CBS Miami as one of the Best Vacation Destinations for American History Buffs in February 2018 and named as the Best Small Town by the Southern Living Magazine in March 2018, the city of Fredericksburg, Texas, appeals to seniors seeking a heritage-rich community with a small-town ambiance. Seniors wanting to relocate to Fredericksburg can choose from among four assisted living facilities (ALFs) in the city. ALFs in Fredericksburg and the rest of the state are licensed, certified and monitored by the Texas Health and Human Services Commission.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Fredericksburg
- The historic district heart of Fredericksburg is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. Lined with numerous interesting historical landmarks, the district offers seniors a venue for leisurely walks. The National Museum of the Pacific War, one of the city’s main attractions, offers discounted tickets to visitors 65 years old and above and provides free access to wheelchairs and motorized chairs.
- Seniors in Fredericksburg benefit from Texas’ friendly income tax policy. The state does not deduct taxes from income, including Social Security retirement benefits, private and public pension income and other types of retirement income.
- The Fredericksburg area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Hill Country Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors who have little tolerance for harsh winter conditions may find the Fredericksburg climate appealing. The city enjoys mostly sunny days throughout the year. It typically receives no snowfall, and the average low temperature during colder months is more comfortable at 35 degrees compared to the national average of 23 degrees.
- With its relatively low crime rates, Fredericksburg is one of the safer communities within Texas. It has a property crime rate of 32.3, lower than the state’s 45.5. The violent crime rate is listed at 20, which is also below the state’s 32.9.
- Although the city’s overall cost of living of 107 is higher than the national average of 100, the health cost of 79 is 21 points lower than the national average. This translates into more affordable healthcare costs for seniors needing long-term maintenance.
Paying for Assisted Living in Fredericksburg
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in Fredericksburg start around $3,425 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Fredericksburg and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Fredericksburg
The Texas Health and Human Services Commission offers Medicaid waivers that cover services in ALFs. It includes the STAR+PLUS Home and Community-Based Services waiver which offers assisted living services for adults who meet income, resource and medical necessity requirements. In addition, the state also offers the Home and Community-Based Services 1915 (c) waiver for qualified individuals in a small residential setting.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Fredericksburg
Fredericksburg and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Fredericksburg, please visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Fredericksburg
Fredericksburg-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.