3 Assisted Living Facilities near Cleveland, MS
Also serving communities of Ruleville, Indianola, Clarksdale, Greenwood.
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Cleveland area, with 2 in Cleveland and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Cleveland is $2,000 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,395.
To help you with your search, browse the 6 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Cleveland. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Cleveland 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Greenville with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Cleveland, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Cleveland, MS
1 Assisted Living Facility near Cleveland, MS
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Cleveland
Nestled in the Mississippi Delta, Cleveland is most well known as the home of the GRAMMY Museum Mississippi, an interactive museum dedicated to American music history. This southern city has about 11,500 residents. Almost 1,750 of these residents are seniors, and to support this large senior population, Cleveland has three assisted living facilities. The Mississippi State Department of Health regulates these facilities in Cleveland and throughout the state as assisted living personal care homes.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Cleveland
- Seniors with limited retirement savings may be able to stretch their resources in Cleveland. The city’s cost of living is approximately 12% below the national average and 5% lower than the Mississippi norm. The most significant savings are in housing and transportation.
- Cleveland has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Bolivar County Community Action Agency, an organization that offers companionship, help with errands and other services to local seniors.
- Mississippi is one of the few states that taxes groceries, but seniors may find that its generous income tax policies make up for this. The Magnolia State doesn’t tax seniors’ retirement income. With such a low tax burden, it’s easier to budget for assisted living care.
- Seniors from northern states may appreciate Cleveland’s year-round warm weather. During the winter, average high temperatures are in the 50s, so seniors can spend plenty of time outdoors. However, some seniors may think the frequent 90-degree days in the summer are too hot.
- Cleveland is a relatively safe city, which may appeal to seniors who want a quiet retirement. At only 17.56 per 1,000 residents, the property crime rate is far below the state median of 27.34 per 1,000 residents. The rate of violent crime is low, too.
- Cleveland’s assisted living facilities may organize supervised outings to some of the city’s many interesting attractions. In addition to the GRAMMY Museum, the city is home to the Bologna Performing Arts Center and Wright Center Art Gallery. It’s also the site of the annual Crosstie Arts and Jazz Festival.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Cleveland
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Mississippi
Assisted Living costs in Cleveland start around $2,000 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Cleveland and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Cleveland
In Cleveland, financial help is available for low-income seniors who can’t afford the assisted living care they need. One option is the Assisted Living waiver. This waiver is supported by Medicaid, and it may pay for the services seniors receive in Cleveland's licensed assisted living personal care homes.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Mississippi page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Mississippi page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Cleveland
Cleveland and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Cleveland, please visit our Assisted Living in Mississippi page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Cleveland
Cleveland-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Mississippi are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Mississippi page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Cleveland
Review of Indywood Estate Personal Care Home, LLC
My wife has been here at Indywood Estate for over a year. It is only about a mile away from my location. It is a nice modern facility. It's very well run. Most of the people are nice. I am very ple... Read more
Review of Indywood Estate Personal Care Home, LLC
Right now, my mother is in Indywood Estates, and everything is fine. They don't really have a lot of activities. They have Bingo, and they get people to come in and stuff. It is a small facility, s... Read more
Review of Cleveland Personal Care
My experience with the Cleveland Personal Care was top quality because my grandmother resided there for a very long time. She was pleased with the staff and they were there for her around the clock... Read more