3 Assisted Living Facilities near West Concord, MN
Also serving communities of Kasson, Pine Island.
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the West Concord area, with 2 in West Concord and 1 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in West Concord. Better rated regions include Owatonna with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in West Concord, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in West Concord, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in West Concord
West Concord is a very small and tranquil town in southeastern Minnesota where active seniors can enjoy a wide range of outdoor recreational activities. There are about 100 residents in town who are aged 65 and over, and there is one assisted living community that can take care of seniors who require some help with daily activities. According to the Minnesota Department of Health, facilities like this are officially known as housing with services establishments. They are divided into Class A and Class F.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in West Concord
- West Concord experiences very little criminal activity which is an attractive aspect of life for many seniors in the community. The violent crime rate is 14.4 points lower than the national average of 22.7, and the property crime rate is 8.2 points lower than the average of Minnesota.
- West Concord has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Owatonna.
- Seniors pay less for things like healthcare and groceries in West Concord than in many other parts of the state and country. The overall cost of living is 7.8% lower than the national average of 100 and 14.1 points higher than the average for the state of Minnesota.
- Since Minnesota is one of the only states to tax retirement income from Social Security, some seniors in West Concord may have less money to put toward assisted living. The state also taxes all other forms of retirement income with no exemptions or deductions.
- While summer in West Concord is a pleasant time to enjoy the outdoors, harsh winters can keep seniors indoors for extended periods of time. The area gets an average of 47 inches of snow per year, and the average low temperature in January is a very cold 4 degrees.
- Dodge County, where West Concord is located, has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Semcac Community Action Agency, an organization that provides advocacy, assistance and information for local seniors as well as Minnesota Senior Federation.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in West Concord
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in West Concord start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in West Concord and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in West Concord
Seniors in West Concord who qualify for Medicaid may be able to take advantage of the Elderly Waiver (EW). This program provides community-based services for seniors in assisted living facilities. There's also the Housing Support Program which can pay for room and board at assisted living facilities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in West Concord
West Concord and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in West Concord, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in West Concord
West Concord-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.