3 Assisted Living Facilities in Stewartville, MN
Also serving communities of Spring Valley, Ostrander.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Stewartville, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Stewartville
Stewartville was founded in 1857 and is now home to more than 6,000 people. More than 13% of residents are aged 65 and over and people retiring to the town have many opportunities to enjoy the outdoors. The town has a number of parks with walking trails and fishing ponds, as well as golfing opportunities. It is also home to three assisted living facilities that can support those seniors who need help with daily living tasks. In Stewartville, as in the rest of Minnesota, these facilities are overseen by the Home Care and Assisted Living Program.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Stewartville
- The Stewartville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including The Mayo Clinic Hospital Saint Marys Campus, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Olmsted County, including Stewartville, has very good air quality. The county received an A grade for ozone pollution and a B grade for 24-hour particle pollution in the State of the Air 2019 report. Seniors with respiratory conditions may find the clean air beneficial to their health.
Rolling Hills Transit provides a curb-to-curb public transport service to residents of Stewartville. Buses operate locally and can also take passengers to other towns in the county. Seniors may wish to utilize the regular service to senior dining.
- Stewartville experiences harsh winters, with an average low temperature in January of just 6 degrees. There are around 33 snowy days each year and the town gets around 49 inches of snow. Seniors may wish to ask facilities about how they cope with extreme weather.
- The overall cost of living in Stewartville is rated at 98.5 on the Sperling index, 1.5 points below the national average of 100. Everyday expenses, including groceries, healthcare and transportation, are below the U.S. average, which can help seniors keep more money in their assisted living budget.
- All retirement income in Minnesota is subject to state income tax, including money from Social Security, pensions and retirement accounts. Sales taxes in the state are also high, although some expenses, including medications and most groceries and clothing, are exempt, which can help seniors save money.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Stewartville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Stewartville start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Stewartville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Stewartville
Seniors in Stewartville who receive Social Security Income may be able to access financial assistance through the Optional State Supplement. The Elderly Waiver is also available to eligible residents of assisted living facilities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Stewartville
Stewartville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Stewartville, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Stewartville
Stewartville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.