10 Assisted Living Facilities in Faribault, MN
The average cost of assisted living in Faribault is $3,060 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,420.
To help you with your search, browse the 6 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Faribault. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Faribault 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Northfield with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Faribault, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Faribault
Faribault, Minnesota, is situated along the banks of the Straight and Cannon Rivers, which played a significant role in its early development. The city was founded in 1826 by Alexander Faribault, a French Canadian who came to the area to fur trade with the Dakota Sioux Indians who lived here. Today, almost 24,000 people call this city home, including a senior community that makes up over 14% of the population.
Faribault's senior population is served by 11 assisted living facilities, all of which are located in the city proper. These facilities are required to register annually with the Minnesota Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Faribault
- The Faribault area is home to world-class medical facilities, including District One Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- In Minnesota, all retirement income is subject to state income tax, including Social Security benefits and disbursements from government pensions. This may be a consideration for seniors who are considering relocating to Faribault from a state that is more tax-friendly for retirees.
- Faribault has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Senior Friendship Program, an organization that offers friendship and support for local seniors through volunteers, as well as one senior center.
- Faribault has a vibrant arts and culture scene and is home to Paradise Center for the Arts, which hosts musical performances, plays and special events throughout the year. Seniors aged 65 or over are eligible to receive a discount on membership.
- Faribault's overall cost of living is about 7% below the national average and 13% lower than that of the state as a whole. Healthcare expenses, in particular, are affordable here, coming in about 13% below the national average, which may benefit seniors with chronic conditions.
- While Faribault's summers are fairly mild with July highs around 82 degrees, winters are typically harsh. The average low in January is 4 degrees, and the average annual snowfall is 45 inches. This may be a consideration for seniors who rely on wheelchairs or walkers.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Faribault
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Faribault start around $3,060 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Faribault and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Faribault
Seniors in Faribault who meet income and asset guidelines may receive financial assistance for assisted living services through the Medicaid program's Elderly Waiver or the Minnesota Consumer Support Grant program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Faribault
Faribault and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Faribault, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Faribault
Faribault-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Faribault
Review of Milestone Senior Living Faribault
My client is in the memory care of Milestone Senior Living. The facility is beautiful, but there has been a huge turnover of staff, and the consistency of the administration of nursing has not been... Read more
Review of Milestone Senior Living Faribault
Milestone was a bit roomier with a larger layout. They have outings and gatherings. Read more
Review of Faribault Senior Living
Faribault Senior Living is an assisted living place, and it works very well for my mother. We liked them. They have different apartment sizes and it's very nice. The staff was very good. They have ... Read more