2 Assisted Living Facilities in Waseca, MN
Also serving communities of New Richland.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Waseca, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Waseca, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Waseca
Waseca is located beside the cultural feature known as Clear Lake in Waseca County, Minnesota, not far from the Moonan State Wildlife area. The city's senior population accounts for 15.7% of the town's approximately 8,900 residents. Those among the elderly who need help with activities of daily living can choose from Waseca's three assisted living facilities.
Assisted Living Facilities in Waseca must register each year with the Department of Health as either Class A or Class F facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Waseca
- The Waseca area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Mayo Clinic Health System, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Waseca seniors should expect to pay full taxes on their retirement benefits, as Minnesota doesn't have any tax breaks for either private or public pensions, Social Security or retirement account withdrawals.
- Waseca has a number of attractions included on the National Register of Historic Places for seniors to discover, such as the 1897 Waseca County Courthouse. The area is also known for its extensive outdoor spaces, including lakes, 15 city parks and a nature reserve, that seniors can enjoy.
Violent crime in Waseca is exceptionally low with a score of 7.9 out of 100, which is 15.2% lower than the national average. Property crime is higher with a rating of 30.3, but it's still below the U.S. average. Seniors should talk to their care providers about security measures their assisted living facilities have in place.
- Waseca is not an expensive place to live for seniors on a budget. The town's overall cost of living is almost 22% lower than the Minnesota average. Out of all the spending sectors, seniors will pay the most for food with an average grocery bill that's 4.5% higher than elsewhere in the country.
- Seniors should be prepared for cold temperatures in Waseca; the average mid-January low is just four degrees, and the area gets 47 inches of snow per year, which is higher than the national average
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Waseca
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Waseca start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Waseca and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Waseca
Eligible Waseca seniors can apply for the Minnesota Elderly Waiver, which gives financial assistance to Medicaid recipients who need assisted living services.
The Group Residential Housing Assistance supplement is available to qualifying seniors who don't receive Medicaid but still require help financing assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Waseca
Waseca and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Waseca, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Waseca
Waseca-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.