7 Assisted Living Facilities in Albert Lea, MN
Also serving communities of Ellendale.
The average cost of assisted living in Albert Lea is $3,505 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Albert Lea. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Albert Lea 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Albert Lea, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Albert Lea
Just 90 miles from the Twin Cities, Albert Lea, Minnesota, supports a population of about 18,000, and about one out of every five residents is a senior. To serve this burgeoning senior population, there are 18 assisted living facilities (ALFs), seven within the city, and the rest in nearby communities, such as Ellendale, Austin, New Richland and Wells. Seniors can receive help with housekeeping and laundry, daily tasks and medication administration. The Minnesota Department of Health regulates ALFs in Alberta Lee, and in all cities in Minnesota.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Albert Lea
- Albert Lea provides a Sperling Comfort Index of 23 out of 100 (the national average is 54) and receives 37 inches of snow per year. Some seniors might find the cold temperatures and winter precipitation too challenging.
- Albert Lea is decent when it comes to air quality. With 100 being best, the city ranks higher than the national average (58) at 67, according to the EPA’s National Air Toxics Assessment. This might help some seniors who have respiratory concerns achieve better health.
Cost of living in the Albert Lea, Minnesota ranks just 80.5 compared to the U.S. average of 100. The city thus might be a good choice for seniors who have fixed incomes.
- Seniors who choose an assisted living community in Albert Lea, Minnesota can take advantage of transportation from Southern Minnesota Area Rural Transit (SMART). While SMART doesn’t have programs specifically targeted for seniors, it does offer a free veteran service and demand response (call to schedule ride).
- Albert Lea does well when it comes to crime. Violent crime ranks 14.7 out of 100, whereas property crime is 35.8. Comparatively, the national averages are 31.1 and 38.1. Seniors and their loved ones thus can feel good about their physical safety, although they still should check what precautions their assisted living community offers.
- Albert Lea is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Mayo Clinic Health System, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Albert Lea
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Albert Lea start around $3,505 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Albert Lea and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Albert Lea
Seniors who need financial help with their assisted living services have multiple options. For example, state residents might qualify for the Elderly Waiver or the Minnesota Group Residential Housing Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Albert Lea
Albert Lea and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Albert Lea, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Albert Lea
Albert Lea-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Albert Lea
Review of Thorne Crest Senior Living Community
The first time I walked into ThornCrest I was amazed ! It was exceptionally clean and beautiful. While visiting my aunt I observed how respectful the staff was and how genuine they were in their... Read more
Review of Oak Park Place at Albert Lea
Oak Park Place is very attentive to the resident's needs. They get to know each resident personally and are aware when any changes in health take place. The staff and administration go above and ... Read more