8 Assisted Living Facilities near Lake Crystal, MN
Also serving communities of Madelia, St James.
There are 8 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lake Crystal area, with 2 in Lake Crystal and 6 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 29 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lake Crystal. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lake Crystal 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include North Mankato with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lake Crystal, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Lake Crystal, MN
6 Assisted Living Facilities near Lake Crystal, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lake Crystal
River Hills Mall and Riverfront Park are minutes from Lake Crystal, which is part of the Mankato metropolitan area. Seniors can enjoy a matinee at several local movie theaters, and the city is home to restaurants, art museums and a zoo. Lake Crystal is bounded by Lake Crystal and Lily Lake, perfect for seniors who enjoy the water.
In Lake Crystal, over 11% of the population is 65 or older, and some may be interested in an assisted living facility (ALF) to help with their daily needs. There are 10 ALFs in the Lake Crystal area regulated by the Minnesota Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lake Crystal
- Water quality in Lake Crystal is below the U.S. average of 55, with a score of 20 on a scale of 1-100, worst to best. Air quality is excellent at 85, almost 30 points above the national average of 58. This is good news for seniors with respiratory problems.
- Winters can be cold for seniors in Lake Crystal, with below-freezing temperatures from December through February. However, summers are pleasant, with an average high of 83 degrees in July.
- The overall cost of living in Lake Crystal is 93.6% of the U.S. average. Seniors will appreciate that healthcare is only 87.7% of the national average, and transportation costs are only 84.6%.
- Seniors can feel safe in Lake Crystal since it has a very low crime rate. On a scale of 1-100, from lowest to highest, violent crime is 9 and property crime is 20.8 in Lake Crystal. By comparison, the United States averages are 22.7 and 35.4.
- The Lake Crystal area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Mayo Clinic Health System, in case of medical emergencies or illness.
- Mankato is a city that caters to arts and culture. Seniors can enjoy taking a downtown sculpture walking tour or attending a concert by the Mankato Symphony Orchestra.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lake Crystal
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Lake Crystal start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lake Crystal and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lake Crystal
The Minnesota housing support program pays room and board for eligible assisted living residents in Lake Crystal. The monthly stipend includes a deduction for the personal needs of the senior. The Elderly Waiver also provides services and supports for seniors aged 65 and older who live in a community setting.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lake Crystal
Lake Crystal and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lake Crystal, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lake Crystal
Lake Crystal-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Lake Crystal, MN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lake Crystal
Review of The Beacon at Lake Crystal
The staff were polite and friendly. Most were very helpful. Food was OK - nothing to write home about. Laundry facilities provided. Coordinated social activities were a little boring but are varied... Read more