2 Assisted Living Facilities in Mapleton, MN
Also serving communities of Wells.
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Mapleton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Mapleton 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Mapleton, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Mapleton, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Mapleton
Mapleton is situated in Blue Earth County in the southern region of Minnesota and is home to nearly 1,800 residents. The city may be an attractive option for seniors who are looking for a safe community for retirement. Its crime rate is well below the national average, with violent crime accounting for only a small portion of the crimes committed.
In spite of its small size, Mapleton has two assisted living facilities to accommodate the city's 300 seniors. These facilities are officially recognized as housing with services establishments, and they register with the Minnesota Department of Health on an annual basis.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Mapleton
- Retirees in Mapleton pay state income tax on all retirement income regardless of its source, including government pensions and Social Security benefits, which may impact their assisted living budgets.
- On a scale that measures air quality, with 100 being the best, Mapleton's air quality is rated 87, nearly 30 points higher than the national average. This may benefit seniors who have respiratory or cardiovascular conditions.
- The Mapleton area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Mankato.
- On average, the overall cost of living in Mapleton, including healthcare expenses, are about 12% lower than the national average. The cost of housing is about 30% less here than in the average U.S. city, and transportation is about 15% cheaper, which may result in lower monthly costs in assisted living facilities. This may make care more affordable for seniors with restrictive retirement budgets.
- In Mapleton, the late-spring to early-fall months are comfortable with highs in the 70-85 degree range, providing active seniors with plenty of opportunities to enjoy the outdoors. Winters are very cold, however, with lows around 5 degrees, so seniors may want to find out if the facility they choose has individual climate control.
- Mapleton has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Senior LinkAge Line, an organization that connects them with transportation services, meal delivery and nutrition services and financial assistance.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Mapleton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Mapleton start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Mapleton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Mapleton
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Mapleton
Mapleton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Mapleton, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Mapleton
Mapleton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Mapleton, MN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Mapleton
Review of The Beacon at Mapleton
My mother-in-law now lives at Country Neighbors for about few weeks now. She got her own room and she liked it. She seems to be happy in there. Read more