4 Assisted Living Facilities near Blue Earth, MN
Also serving communities of Winnebago, Elmore, Elmore.
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Blue Earth area, with 2 in Blue Earth and 2 nearby.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Blue Earth, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Blue Earth, MN
2 Assisted Living Facilities near Blue Earth, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Blue Earth
Blue Earth, Minnesota takes its name from the nearby river and sits between its east and west branches. Its the seat of Faribault County and home to over 67,000 people, approximately 14% of whom are aged 65 and over. Some of these seniors may require assistance with activities of daily living, such as bathing and medication management; there are two assisted living facilities in the city, with two more in nearby communities. These facilities are regulated as Basic or Comprehensive housing with services establishments and are licensed by the Minnesota Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Blue Earth
- Minnesota is not a tax-friendly state for seniors, who pay state income tax on all retirement income. This may be a consideration for seniors moving to Blue Earth from more tax-friendly states.
- At 95, compared to a national base of 100, Blue Earth's cost of living is 11% lower than the Minnesota state average. Seniors can save on healthcare and transportation costs and home prices are on par with the national average.
- There are 196 sunny days in Blue Earth compared to 205 in the nation as a whole. January lows average 5 degrees and the city receives 43 inches of snowfall annually, 15 inches more than the U.S. median. Seniors with mobility issues or conditions aggravated by cold temperatures may wish to consider assisted living facilities in warmer climates.
- Blue Earth's air quality, according to the EPA, is 66, which is eight points higher than the U.S. average. This is good news for seniors with respiratory conditions, such as COPD and asthma, who may find breathing easier here than in more polluted areas.
- Both violent and property crime, at 9.5 and 23.3, respectively, are low in Blue Earth. By comparison, the national averages for violent crime, at 22.7, and property crime, at 35.4, are much higher. Still, seniors touring assisted living communities may wish to find out what security precautions are taken to keep residents safe.
- The Blue Earth area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the United Hospital District, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Blue Earth
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Blue Earth start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Blue Earth and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Blue Earth
Seniors of modest means in Blue Earth and the rest of Minnesota may be eligible for financial assistance for assisted living facilities via the state Medicaid program's Elderly Waiver or the Minnesota Consumer Support Grant program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Blue Earth
Blue Earth and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Blue Earth, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Blue Earth
Blue Earth-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.