5 Assisted Living Facilities in Morehead, KY
Also serving communities of Owingsville, Flatwoods, Russell.
The average cost of assisted living in Morehead is $1,500 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,395.
To help you with your search, browse the 4 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Morehead. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Morehead 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Morehead, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Morehead
Morehead is located deep in the woods of Rowan County, Kentucky, making it an ideal setting for seniors who enjoy nature. It's home to approximately 6,000 residents with 12% of them being over the age of 65. There are 11 assisted living communities in Morehead that help seniors maintain an independent lifestyle by assisting them with activities of daily living (ADLs).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Morehead
- Morehead receives an average of 46 inches of rain per year, making the town suitable for residents who enjoy cool, wet weather. The hottest month in Morehead averages 86.3 degrees, which is cooler than most places in Kentucky. Winters average 23 degrees and snow falls four months per year, so residents who dislike cold weather might be home-bound during that time.
- The Morehead and South Fork Railroad is a railway connecting the residents of Morehead to North Carolina and Radio Island. Additionally, Morehead residents can travel to other cities in Rowan with the Federation Transport Services of the Bluegrass, a motor vehicle transport company with buses and vans that are wheelchair equipped.
- The city has arts and culture facilities for residents to experience. Senior residents in assisted living communities can enjoy trips to the Kentucky Folk Art Center and the Rowan County Arts Center.
- Morehead’s crime rate is fairly low with violent and property crime being 7.7 and 32.9 respectively on a scale to 100, in comparison to 15.2 and 32.4 in the Kentucky area. Morehead is fairly peaceful in terms of crime; therefore, senior residents won’t have to worry about security.
- Residents with respiratory illnesses can enjoy the air quality in Morehead, ranked 71 on a scale to 100 by the National Air Toxics Assessment.
- The Morehead area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Claire Medical Pavilion and Morehead VA Clinic, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Morehead
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Kentucky
Assisted Living costs in Morehead start around $1,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Morehead and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Morehead
Although the Kentucky government doesn’t contribute to accommodation costs, seniors may still benefit from other programs, such as the Supplemental Security Income, a federal Social Security program in Kentucky that provides additional income to the aged.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Kentucky page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Kentucky page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Morehead
Morehead and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Morehead, please visit our Assisted Living in Kentucky page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Morehead
Morehead-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Kentucky are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Kentucky page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Morehead
Review of Northfork Senior Living
My father needed 24 he care and he is very well taken care of even with difficult times and some difficult family members, their number 1 priority is the residents, I owe gratitude to them for doin... Read more
Review of Cave Run Manor, Inc.
Cave Run Manor is an awesome place. My mom has been there for three months, and she’s very happy. It's a large room that we furnished the room with Mom’s furniture and has a living room/bedroom com... Read more
Review of Horizon Village, Pathways Inc.
Through my time visiting the residents of Horizon Village, Pathways Inc. I have had the chance to get a perspective about the quality of the facilities and the staff working there. Pathways Inc., t... Read more