2 Assisted Living Facilities in Junction City, KS
The average cost of assisted living in Junction City is $3,675 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 8 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Junction City. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Junction City 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Abilene with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Junction City, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Junction City
Junction City offers culture, entertainment and amenities for people of all ages. Over 9 percent of the city's more than 20,000 people are aged 65 or older. For those who require some assistance to live independently, there are two assisted living facilities available in Junction City. These facilities are licensed by the Secretary of Aging and Disability Services as Assisted Living Facilities or Residential Health Care Facilities. One key difference between the two types is that Assisted Living Facilities must offer apartments with kitchens, while units in Residential Care Facilities are not required to have kitchens.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Junction City
- Climate can be an important factor when a senior is choosing a location for assisted living. Typically, summers in Junction City are hot and humid, while winters are mild. July is the hottest month, with average high temperatures around 91 degrees. January is the coldest month, with average low temperatures near 18.
- Assisted living communities often organize group trips for their residents' enjoyment. Aside from dining and shopping, Junction City has several other points of interest, including the Geary County Historical Museum and the C. L. Hoover Opera House, that may make excellent trips for seniors.
- As a group, seniors are at a high risk for health problems caused by polluted air, so they may want to consider a city's air quality. Measured on a scale of one to 100, where 100 is best, Junction City's air gets a grade of 58, which is the same as the U.S. average.
- Seniors in Junction City may be able to take advantage of the city's reasonable cost of living, which is 17.5 percent below the U.S. average, to save more toward assisted living costs.
- When budgeting for assisted living, it's helpful to know how the area's tax laws affect seniors. One of the advantages of living in Junction City is that the Sunflower State doesn't tax Social Security benefits for seniors making an adjusted gross income of less than $75,000.
- Local and regional public transit is available by bus courtesy of the Flint Hills Area Transportation Agency. Seniors who are aged 60 or older, low-income or disabled can apply for discounted fares.
Paying for Assisted Living in Junction City
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Kansas
Assisted Living costs in Junction City start around $3,675 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Junction City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Junction City
Kansas State allows eligible seniors to use a Medicaid waiver, known as the Frail Elderly Waiver Program, to pay for assisted living services. While the waiver doesn't cover room and board, families are allowed to contribute toward those expenses.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Kansas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Kansas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Junction City
Junction City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Junction City, please visit our Assisted Living in Kansas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Junction City
Junction City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Kansas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Kansas page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Junction City
Review of Brookdale Junction City
Brookdale Junction City's rooms were too small for us. We just couldn't live in there, and it wouldn't accommodate us. The place was nice, but I couldn't imagine my wife and I in that room with one... Read more
Review of Brookdale Junction City
Brookdale Junction City was a wonderful and beautiful place. It was very well-kept. The rooms were very nice and the staff was wonderful and pleasant. The residents seemed very happy. The larger ro... Read more
Review of Valley View Estates
My impression of Valley View is very poor. The food is terrible. I'm downstairs in skilled nursing because of an injury, and my wife is upstairs in an apartment for independent living. They have ac... Read more