3 Assisted Living Facilities near Kapolei, HI
Also serving communities of Pearl City, Mililani.
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Kapolei area, with 2 in Kapolei and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Kapolei is $6,800 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,480. Cheaper nearby regions include Honolulu with an average starting cost of $3,819.
To help you with your search, browse the 15 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Kapolei. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Kapolei 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Honolulu with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Kapolei, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Kapolei, HI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Kapolei
In Kapolei, known as Oahu’s Second City, seniors can find fine dining, a regional transit hub, healthcare services and the lush 60-acre Kapolei Regional Park. As of the 2010 census, the community of Kapolei was home to more than 15,000 people, including over 1,000 seniors. For those considering a move into senior housing, there are two assisted living communities available in Kapolei. Hawaii's Department of Health, Office of Health Care Assurance, licenses these communities as either Assisted Living Facilities or Adult Residential Care Homes.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Kapolei
- When it comes to day trips for seniors in Kapolei's assisted living communities, the possibilities are virtually endless. Shops, theaters and award-winning eateries can be found at Kapolei Marketplace, Kapolei Shopping Center and Kapolei Commons. Nearby is Kroc Center Hawaii, a community center offering a health and wellness center as well as a state-of-the-art performing arts venue.
- Seniors looking to escape brutal winters will appreciate Kapolei's temperate climate, where the average annual low temperature is just 65 degrees, with even warmer temperature in the spring and summer months.
- Hawaii's fairly friendly tax policies may leave seniors with more money in the bank to put toward assisted living and other expenses. Social Security retirement benefits and public pension income are tax-free for seniors residing in Kapolei. Keep in mind, however, that the Aloha State does tax private pensions and other kinds of retirement income, such as 401(k) plan withdrawals.
- The Kapolei area is home to world-class medical facilities, including The Queen's Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Living in the Hawaii, where living costs average 87 more than the U.S. median, can take a big bite out of seniors' assisted living budgets. This is especially true in Kapolei, where the overall cost of living is more than double the national average. There are pockets of savings, however, such as healthcare, which typically costs 7 percent less in Kapolei than the national average.
- Seniors in assisted living facilities often depend on public transportation to get around town. The public bus system serving Kapolei, called TheBus, has twice been hailed as America's Best Transit System by the American Public Transportation Association, and seniors 65 years of age or older can ride at a discounted rate.
Paying for Assisted Living in Kapolei
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Hawaii
Assisted Living costs in Kapolei start around $6,800 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Kapolei and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Kapolei
Eligible seniors in Kapolei can apply for the Aloha state's Medicaid Fee-For-Service Program, a home and community based waiver which provides coverage of long term care services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Hawaii page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Hawaii page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Kapolei
Kapolei and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Kapolei, please visit our Assisted Living in Hawaii page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Kapolei
Kapolei-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Hawaii are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Hawaii page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Kapolei
Review of Ilima at Leihano
We toured Ilima at Leihano. It's actually very good, it's a newer one, it's only been open four years or five years, it's very, very clean, and very conscious of infection control. They had us put ... Read more
Review of Ilima at Leihano
I toured Ilima at Leihano originally with my husband and they answered numerous questions to my satisfaction. I was very pleased. Even my mother's physician agrees that this place would be a good f... Read more
Review of Ilima at Leihano
My mother moved into Ilima at Leihano. It's very good, it's very comfortable for her, there are a lot of activities, and they take care of her very well there. Her apartment is spacious and comfort... Read more