Ilima at Leihano

Reviews of Ilima at Leihano

Assisted Living Reviews for Ilima at Leihano

October 02, 2020

By Richard

We toured Ilima at Leihano. It's actually very good, it's a newer one, it's only been open four years or five years, it's very, very clean, and very conscious of infection control. They had us put on booties, gloves, and even a little cape. It's not too big, so it's not overwhelming in terms of the size and number of people there, The rooms were nice, right, clean, well-organized, and they have a system where if someone is in the room and they need help, all they have to do is push a button and it would notify individuals to come to help them. Overall, it's very good. Right now they are delivering meals to the rooms, but under normal times the options for meals are much more flexible than other places we looked at. It was better than I had anticipated it would be.

October 01, 2020

By Pamela

I toured Ilima at Leihano originally with my husband and they answered numerous questions to my satisfaction. I was very pleased. Even my mother's physician agrees that this place would be a good fit for her. It's very clean, and the people are very friendly. I like that it's designed so you don't feel like you're in an institution. It has a very homey feeling and it felt very safe. The staff was very friendly and engaging. Even the residents acknowledged us when we were there, and they appeared to be very happy. It's very beautiful and spacious. Our only concern was that it seemed very open, but after talking with the director she said it's because they don't want the residents to feel enclosed. From what I could see and whatever was going on, we felt safe and comfortable with their response. We were so impressed. My husband said after we left that place, "I'm so pleased with this place that I would consider signing up before it gets up to capacity." That's how pleased we were. They fed us lunch, and the food service manager came out to greet us after our meal. One of the chefs came out to greet us as well.

May 22, 2020

By John

My mother moved into Ilima at Leihano. It's very good, it's very comfortable for her, there are a lot of activities, and they take care of her very well there. Her apartment is spacious and comfortable. They have exercise, bingo, and crafts. The food is excellent. The staff is friendly, caring, and helpful. It's a beautiful place, clean, and well-maintained.

November 27, 2017

By Gloria

At 'Ilima at Leihano, if you required assisted living, you can stay in your room and they would come to your room to assist you with your daily living activities. The place is new, but it's too far away from where I live. They gave us a calendar of activities. The facility looked clean. We saw a studio apartment because that was what we were interested in, but the one we saw wasn't furnished. I have no negative comments or comments for improvement.

April 11, 2017

By New Yorker

We liked Ilima at Leihano very much, but it was small and very new. The staff and the residents were very nice, but it was not in a convenient location.

April 06, 2017

By Nelson526717

Illima at Leihano is clean and roomy, and the people are very accommodating. They have activities going on every day with everything from exercise to a few trips. They have a pool, gym, and several large gathering rooms.

March 27, 2017

By Azucena051154

Ilima at Leihano looks nice but I find the price too high. The material that they use inside for that amount, for me, is not reasonable. Even the woods and the partition, I find them not applicable for that price. I saw the activities that the other senior citizens were doing there; they were boring. I like gardening. I don’t have to go to a place in order to meet other people, to talk to them, and to crochet.

Aloha and thank you for your feedback. Our community offers a wide variety of activities to meet the many interests of our residents, and we have many engaging activities I believe you’d enjoy. I would love to invite you back on a day that residents are taking care of our garden herbs that we use in the kitchen here at Ilima, as you mentioned you love to garden. In addition, many of our residents enjoy participating in water aerobics in our pool, ceramic and painting classes, weekly happy hours with live entertainment, ukulele lessons and much more. Please call and ask for Amanda Schwilch. We’d love to have you come back and experience Ilima at Leihano.

March 08, 2017

By Mori

I visited Ilima at Leihano, and it is a nice community. My sister lives there. It's a new place with only 30 residents at that time. For their activities, they have arts and crafts, happy hour, and different social functions. Their menu looks pretty good.

October 10, 2016

By Laurie050463

Ilima at Leihano was very nice. They’re advertising for assisted living, but they don’t have it yet. It was really nice if you don’t need assisted living. They had a calendar of activities, but I didn’t study each individual ones. They seemed to have art classes and excursions. We were looking for assisted living, and they didn’t have it; other than that, they were OK.

Dear Laurie, It was great speaking with you last month. We received our Assisted Living license last month, in early September, and are now accepting move ins. We hope you and your mom are well - you are always welcome at 'Ilima! Sincerely, Amanda Schwilch Sales Director, ‘Ilima at Leihano

Independent Living Reviews for Ilima at Leihano

Memory Care Reviews for Ilima at Leihano

Questions about Ilima at Leihano

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Ilima at Leihano. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age of our seniors is 85 years old, they like to socialize

What programs or activities does Ilima at Leihano offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Exercise, card playing, bean bag toss, shuffleboard, Bingo, Poker, arts and crafts, entertainment.

Costs for Ilima at Leihano

Photos of Ilima at Leihano

Services and Amenities of Ilima at Leihano

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites
  • Housing Extra: Shared Living

• Get Costs

About Ilima at Leihano

‘Ilima offers a full continuum of senior lifestyle options — from Independent Living residences to Assisted Living and Memory Care. Because the entire community will be licensed for Assisted Living, you will be able to obtain the support you need without having to move or downsize your residence if you need to change your level of service. There is no entrance fee to reside at ‘Ilima — just simply pay monthly rent based on the type and size of floor plan you select. The monthly fee will include daily chef-prepared meals, housekeeping, scheduled transportation, premium cable, all utilities (except telephone), maintenance of your residence, and 24 hour emergency response.

Experience Life at Ilima at Leihano

At ‘Ilima at Leihano, it’s about personal connection – whether it’s a connection between residents or between residents and associates. You are ‘ohana at ‘Ilima and treated with dignity, compassion and respect. There is a genuine commitment by all to create a community that is gracious, warm, secure and friendly.

‘Ilima is situated in a park-like setting on a 4-acre parcel away from busy roads. With the advantage of so much land, the two- and three-story low-rise building with its signature plantation-architecture is surrounded by open space with gardens and walking paths to connect to the surrounding community. In this sunny Leeward climate, the large shaded lanai on the main level provides a wonderful venue for socializing, enjoying the warmth of friends and family, or just reading a good book. If you want to work up an appetite, take a power-walk over to the adjacent Regional Park and participate in one of the many events held there each week. Be as active and social as you like in this vibrant community within a community.

As part of your monthly fee, ‘Ilima will provide transportation to the many surrounding shopping centers, as well as for social outings to Ko Olina and regular trips to downtown Honolulu and intermediate locations, such as Pearl City for doctor appointments or other errands. Indeed you can have the best of both worlds — the resort-like atmosphere of Kapolei, while still being connected to the services and diversity of Honolulu.

There’s no place like home at ‘Ilima at Leihano, with its warm, welcoming accommodations, caring and compassionate staff, restaurant-quality food, The Art of Living Well SM programs, generous open spaces, and home-like environment.

SERVICES & AMENITIES

Ilima at Leihano has a wide range of services and amenities to make your days comfortable and enjoyable.

• Independent Living, Assisted Living, specialized Memory Care for residents with Alzheimer's or dementia
    • A wide variety of studios, alcoves, and 1-bedroom or 2-bedroom apartments
    • Daily chef-prepared meals
    • Scheduled Transportation
    • All utilities (except telephone) and premium cable
    • Maintenance
    • 24 hour emergency response.

Thank you for your interest at Ilima at Leihano. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

Map of Ilima at Leihano