The Plaza at Waikiki

Reviews of The Plaza at Waikiki

Assisted Living Reviews for The Plaza at Waikiki

May 10, 2017

By Elizabeth700805

The Plaza at Waikiki seemed very nice, professional, and comfortable. The model studio apartments seemed very nice, and everything looked comfortable, peaceful, and clean. The staff seemed very friendly, had a nice philosophy of care with the "best friend approach," and seemed well informed by research.
Thanks for visiting, Elizabeth! We're happy that you enjoyed your visit and am especially glad you appreciated our "Best Friend Approach" to care. I'm curious as to why you gave us 4/5 stars. Please email me at ctakeda@plazaassistedliving.com. Thanks! -Colby

April 11, 2017

By New Yorker

The Plaza at Waikiki was a very nice place, but the rooms were very small. The rental was month by month, and we would have to get three meals per day. The location wasn’t great.
Thanks for visiting The Plaza at Waikiki, all the way from New York! I'm happy you think we are a very nice place. Some people do feel our apartments can be small, but I am guessing you only saw some of our smaller model apartments. Most all of our larger 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom apartments are currently being occupied, so if you're interested in a more spacious apartment, please keep in touch with us so that we can let you know when one of these larger apartments become available. Thanks for your comment about our location not being great; could you elaborate why you feel this way? We are situated right along the beautiful Ala Wai Canal, which borders Waikiki, and have beautiful views of the ocean, Manoa Valley, and Diamond Head. To one side, there is a clean park with a walking path for our residents to walk around the canal without needed to cross any streets, and on the other side, a lovely coffee shop and cafe allow our residents and families enjoy a nice afternoon cup of tea together. We're also at the gateway to Waikiki, which means traffic isn't bad around our community, and there are two main bus stop right next to our community, which makes transportation very easy. We're also just 10 minutes from several hospitals, and located between many churches, schools, malls, and restaurants. Certainly, our location isn't for everyone, however, so I encourage you to visit some of our other Plaza communities across Oahu! Mahalo!

April 10, 2017

By Roland653332

I visited The Plaza at Waikiki. It was very nice, clean, and convenient and right in Waikiki. The staff people were all very friendly and accommodating. The rooms were very nice. The menu seemed adequate.

March 27, 2017

The Plaza at Waikiki is a fairly new building. It’s not even 2 years old, so everything is fresh and clean. The service is good, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The meals are good. They have good activities like their music programs and their movies. Sometimes, they have communities come in like school children.

January 31, 2017

By Karen846354

The Plaza was fine and easy enough to get to, but it was the most expensive. The staff was caring and nice. They had scheduled activities all of the time. I think they had a physical therapy section and an entertainment area, like a playroom.

December 05, 2016

By Meryl730010

My impression of The Plaza was very good. The rooms were very nice. I ate in the nice dining area. The food was delicious. The people were very helpful.

October 21, 2016

By MusubiMom

BEAUTIFUL! This place is like a hotel. I went to visit an aunty who has been living there for over a year and I was blown away by the staff friendliness and the tasty food. We're looking to move my mother in, and hopefully within the next year she'll be ready to make the decision to move in. The daily activities are stimulating and fun, and the sales staff answered all of our questions. If you have a chance to look out the windows in the apartments, the view will blow you away!

October 20, 2016

The Plaza at Waikiki is a great, clean, and nice. The people and the rooms are nice and adequate. They have a hairdresser, a dance group, mahjong groups, and some other groups. There are shopping centers nearby.

September 11, 2016

By Steve p

I’ve been living at The Plaza for around two months. It’s a nice place, and they have very nice people. They have a theater where they show movies in the evening. The food is fattening and very salty, but it is very good. They have very good desserts after lunch and after dinner. They have a bus, and they take you out. I have a small apartment. The staff is very friendly and very nice.

June 10, 2016

By Caring Loved One781860

We visited The Plaza at Waikiki. They wanted to know how much we could pay because they didn't take any insurance. Then they said she had to leave in two years if she didn't get any. The people were fine and nothing special, just fine. We didn't look at the rooms because they weren't interested in having her. The facility is brand new. The initial information that I got did not satisfy me to the point that I was going to go in and ask them more questions.

March 31, 2016

By visitor126278850

The Plaza was nice, but for the amount of money they were asking, the service was not worth it. It’s brand new, the rooms were small, and the staff was very nice. If you can afford it, that’s a wonderful place.

March 18, 2016

By Happy daughter17

The Plaza is nice but a little small for my parents. It felt very confined but nice and well maintained.

Hi Happy Daughter17; Thank you for visiting our community! I'm glad you feel The Plaza at Waikiki was nice and well-maintained, but am sorry that you felt the size of our apartments are too small for your parents. As a licensed assisted living community, our apartments are actually quite comparable to the larger units in other assisted living communities on the island. We have quite a few happy couples currently living in our community, and while priorities vary from resident to resident, we find that residents quickly overcome any concerns about usable square footage, and appreciate all of our common areas and amenities as an extension of their apartments. Thanks again for your comments!

February 15, 2016

By Happy Visitor42

I liked The Plaza. It was gorgeous, perfect, and clean but too expensive. The staff was friendly.

December 16, 2015

By Cecilia7

The Plaza at Waikiki is brand new, and it is in the heart of Waikiki. It is a very desirable location. The negatives are it is too industrial for my taste, and it is extremely expensive because it is in the heart of the city. The staff is always nice. We check a couple of the rooms, and they are nice. They have studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom units. The studio is more on my price range.

Independent Living Reviews for The Plaza at Waikiki

Services and Amenities of The Plaza at Waikiki

• Companion Suites: Yes

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

• Licenses: Assisted Living License
  • State Licenses: 19-ALF

About The Plaza at Waikiki

SENIOR LIVING AT THE GATEWAY TO WAIKIKI!

This ideal location gives residents convenient access to Waikiki’s world-famous views and attractions, all of the wonderful restaurants, shopping centers, and cultural destinations of Honolulu’s urban core.

Plaza Assisted Living’s Assisted Living program has been designed to foster and promote each resident’s independence. A nurturing and trained professional staff is available to provide assistance with activities of daily living, such as medication management, bathing toileting and grooming, to name a few. Personalized care plans are tailored to individual’s needs, based on an assessment by The Plaza’s nursing staff.

Map of The Plaza at Waikiki