West Shores

Reviews of West Shores

Assisted Living Reviews for West Shores

January 04, 2019

By Donald

I went to West Shores, but they turned it down, because if I would provide 24/7 care, they would take my friend in assisted living, but I could take her home, provide it there, and save on rent. I was very well handled at West Shores, and she gave me a recommendation for a rehab place, which turned out to be plain wonderful. The place was fine, the apartment she was going to have was excellent. There was no problem there, but it didn't work out because they've done an evaluation and found that she's going to require too much care. They have various social activities. We've been to some of them over the years, and the food was all very good. The staff members have always been very friendly and very open.

December 26, 2017

By Faye

I'm really impressed with Wesh Shores and I may go there. It was all very nice. It's a beautiful location. They have assisted and independent living. The staff members were all friendly, nice, and clean. I saw them helping others that needed assistance. The rooms were very nice. They also have rooms for different games and exercises. We had a night meal, which was a buffet, because it was a special occasion. We also had breakfast. Their food was very good, the services were nice, and they were all polite and nice.

November 06, 2016

By Stormy580517

The staff of West Shores is good; they are fine. If I call to give them a message, they do not give it to my brother like they should. His room is clean and big, and they help him with that. He seemed to be happy there. He said the food is good.

August 12, 2016

By Trudy758511

I have a one-bedroom apartment at West Shores. Every week, they change the linens, towels, and clean the apartment. Unfortunately, I do not like the Southern food here. They try to bring entertainment once or twice a week. The staff is excellent, especially the lady who cleans my apartment. They try to help as much as they can, and there's somebody to drive you to the doctor.

December 16, 2015

They are doing some upgrades at West Shores. It was lovely. They had a movie room, a billiards room; they have activities in the main lobby. They provide three meals a day, and their dining room is nice.

February 11, 2015

The staff at West Shores was wonderful. They had bingo and daily crafts; they really had a lot of stuff going on. The rooms were of nice size; everything was clean. It was great.

Independent Living Reviews for West Shores

June 30, 2018

By Dan

West Shores was very friendly, clean, and extremely nice. It was a very suitable place to consider. The person who toured us around was extremely nice, very accommodating, and answered all the questions we had. The dining area looked very nice and some of the people who were there looked very happy.

March 13, 2018

By Bill

We toured West Shores, and I think everything was very nice. They have a library, they playe cards, and they play all sorts of things. The staff and the food were both very good.

July 17, 2017

By Dan

The staff at West Shores was excellent, very friendly, and made sure that I followed everything. We had a delicious lunch and discussed different types of arrangements and rooms. The grounds were very clean, which was so impressive. We toured the game room, and there were people playing cards and sitting around chatting. There was a bus that picked up some people to go somewhere. I felt like I was part of the crowd.

Questions about West Shores

What programs or activities does West Shores offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Social clubs from Veteran Club, card clubs and monthly social hour. Community has a new resident welcome club. Church services are available for non-denomination. Community has a walking club and a monthly pool tournament.

What places are near West Shores or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

The community has shopping close by with transportation provided.

What transportation services does West Shores offer to assisted living residents?

The community provides transportation to appointments and also to off premises activities.

What makes the chef or dining program at West Shores exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Community offers a salad bar and an outdoor patio dining area. Homestyle cooking with an array of desserts are offered daily.

What safety features or security measures does West Shores offer to assisted living residents?

Community offers a pendant style emergency system. Community has 24 hour security.

How does West Shores keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Community offers routine care plan meetings for families to know about their loved ones. A change of condition is communicated to the families. Community offers routine family nights.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at West Shores during daytime and nighttime hours?

Day time and night time ratios exceed state requirements.

If West Shores accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Yes, the community accepts cats or dogs. Grounds are large enough for dog walking.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

The staff have ongoing training curriculums on nursing care, dietary services, dementia care, abuse and neglect, medication management and safety.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Shopping is nearby with transportation provided. Hot Springs in known for retirement aged activities.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at West Shores has organized?

Outing to Oaklawn race track, restaurant of choice outings, Petit-jean state park lodge during fall season change, Christmas Parade

What transportation services does West Shores offer to independent living residents?

Transportation to appointments is provided and to Resident outings.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Pool room, café room, multiple open TV rooms, chapel, activity room, private dining rooms, art and craft room, beauty parlor and atrium room.

What safety features or security measures does West Shores offer to independent living residents?

pendant system and 24 hour security.

If West Shores accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Yes community accepts both cats and dogs and has large grounds for dog walking.

Does West Shores work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

The community an internal IL plus program to IL residents for an additional charge. The community with multiple home health agencies and has a partnership with Kindred at Home for Hospice and Home health services to include therapy services.

What safety features or security measures does West Shores provide to protect residents who wander?

The community does not provide memory care services.

Photos of West Shores

Services and Amenities of West Shores

• Companion Suites: No
  • Housing Extra: None

• Dining Extra: None

• Coffee Shop
  • General Store
  • Features Extra: Community Wifi, Monitored Security System, On Site Therapy Services, Library, Activity Center With Games, Billiards Table, Shuffle Board, Grand Piano, Covered Parking Available, Chapel With Church Services, Private Dining Room, Walking Trail, 24 Hour Staffing

• Technology Extra: None

• Payment Options Extra: Long Term Care Policy, Veterans Aid & Attendance

• Licenses: ALF 2 088
  • State Licenses: FAC #9439

About West Shores

West Shores Senior Living Community is a full service independent and assisted living community located on Albert Pike Road, in Hot Springs, Arkansas. Here at West Shores, we offer our residents a variety of quality accommodations and services. Our goal at West Shores is to enrich the daily lives of our senior residents by providing an environment that stimulates them physically, mentally, and emotionally.

West Shores continues to provide a place where our residents can choose from a variety of large beautiful apartments. We want our residents to remain as independent as possible, for as long as possible, while providing assistance when they need it.

We are staffed 24 hours a day, under the direction of a full time executive and assisted living director. Residents have an emergency pull cord system which enables them to request help any time of the day or night. West Shores provides transportation to doctor and dental appointments, grocery stores, banks, and shopping centers in our West Shores Bus. A full time Activity Director arranges a variety of activities to help keep residents active and stimulated. Residents' apartments are cleaned weekly by our housekeeping staff and they are served three nutritious meals a day in our spacious dining room.

West Shores sits in the middle of 17 acres of wooded property with concrete sidewalks for walking and spending time with friends, or alone. You may begin your stay at West Shores in Independent Living and as the need arises, begin receiving our Assisted Living Services without changing apartments. We are celebrating our 28th year of business in the Hot Springs area of providing high quality Senior Care.

Map of West Shores