About Interim HealthCare of Topeka, KS
Hospice is a type and philosophy of care that focuses on the palliation of a terminally ill person's pain and symptoms, while attending to their emotional and spiritual needs. It is an integrated program of medical and psychosocial care, insuring that the final stages of life are lived with the greatest degree of comfort and dignity.
Partnering with hospitals, nursing homes and community based organizations, Interim meets the specific needs of terminally ill individuals and their families. Interim provides care most frequently in patients' homes however, care can also be provided in independent and assisted living residences.
Hospice services from Interim are covered by Medicare, Medicaid, and most private insurances and include:
- Pre-Admission Consultation
- Nursing Care
- Pain and Symptom Management
- Pharmacy Consultation/Services
- Medical Equipment and Supplies
- Education and Training of families and caregivers
- An Interdisciplinary team of hospice aides, physicians, social workers, spiritual care counselors and volunteers
- Bereavement care for families and caregivers