Providence Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing

Reviews of Providence Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing

Nursing Home Reviews for Providence Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing

March 02, 2017

By concerned daughter 12

I wouldn't even have given this facility 1 star but I couldn't wire s review unless I selected a rating! My father was placed here to recover from a stroke. Getting information was difficult, there was no follow up from anyone other than the business office on payment. He actually declined while here and didn't make progress until we moved him to another privately owned facility. Many of his belongings were stolen and never replaced. I would encourage everyone to look past the fresh paint and smiling faces when shopping for a facility. Take your loved ones somewhere else.

February 10, 2017

By VERY Concerned

No communication. Patients and family don't have a clue what is going on with their care. 1 care plan meeting the whole stay. Roger the social work is very rude. The administrative staff are very uncaring. Would not recommend this place for rehab. My mom went when they first opened and it was great. Not so great anymore. Staff is always walking halls on their cell phone. While visiting my friend for several hours a saw a patient wheeled into his room facing the corner and left there. No one ever came back to put him to bed nothing. Very sad.

February 08, 2017

By Sam70

This facility was recommended by one of the local hospitals for my mother for rehab, and I will be sure to share this information with them also. I found the staff to be very unprofessional, most of the time walking around with their phone in their hand and seem to be agitated if they are asked to help. I have heard people crying for help from their rooms, and no one is in a rush to help. My mother could not walk unassisted and had to make numerous calls and finally had someone help her to the restroom after 45 minutes. After 3 days, I found the linin closet so I could change the sheets on her bed because in those 3 days, she was not given assistance to shower. If in the future she would need to return for therapy, it will not be here.

December 10, 2015

By Timmy36

Great place yo live I stay there gor rehab and I felt like I was on vacation.

November 17, 2015

By tracy62

my dad has been in there since 9-11-2015 . I would go everyday and spend 5-6 hrs with him. during that time their policy is to check on the patients every 2 hours. not one time would anyone check to see if his underwear needed changing or if he had water to drink. if this was going on while I was there, I could only imagine what was going on when I wasn't. so I started switching days going in unexpecting and found my dad in bed underwear full both in front and back, no water where he could reach. other days found him in his wheelchair shoved in front of a tv, dirty clothes on and didn't look like they even washed his face or anything. I complained numerous times even had photos to show the neglect. he also was suppose to have breathing treatments and they quit doing them because they said they didn't want to take the time to sit while he was doing them, because they said he would try to take the mask off. but when I was there and I would put it on him he would fall asleep doing his treatment. on 11-16-2015 i went to see my dad. he underwear full of feces, and this was 11 am in the morning. he was still in bed they never got him up for breakfast, mucus all over the side of his face and bed caked on. so it was there all night long. I called texas health and human services and reported the personal,basic need, medical neglect from this facility. I also reported to the nursing home neglect hotline and told them if they need the photos I had them.

April 24, 2014

By Ibecoolmimi

In one word..RUN! Please never send a loved one here. They don't care if their patients are laying in their urine, make them wait hours for pain meds and heaven forbid you ask for something. Best description is rude, sarcastic, uncaring and lazy! The food is unnutrional, horrible and either over salty or drowned in dressing or sauce. The hard boiled egg was probably the only nutritional item I ate.

December 29, 2013

My daughter and I visited several facilities and Providence Park seemed a clean and an inviting place. It had also been recommended to us so I was able to put my husband in there. The facility is also very well kept. I heard that their food is good, but when I ate there I didn’t find it to really be excellent. The portions were small. They do have activities to do, but my husband chooses not to participate in them.

November 15, 2013

By bmwkids

This facility promises many kinds of good care, but does not follow through with their promises. My parent has been there and I have seen that the nursing staff for the most part simply does not care about patients. My parent has slept in urine soaked bed, been left without food. If a patient can voice complaints and tell what is needed, the nurses might do as they should. From what I have seen, they are extremely apathetic. I could not recommend this facility to anyone looking for care for an elderly person.

May 25, 2013

By colemanread

This facility was recommended by a case manager at a local hospital. My mother stayed at this facility for over three weeks. During her stay, I was thankful that my father could be by her side on a daily basis because I do not believe the staff at this facility would be able to provide the care that she needed. Most of the nursing/support staff are apathetic and work at a snail's pace. The LVN that provided my mother her daily medication consistently appeared unkept and his nails were always dirty. Facility does not separate residents with mental/emotional issues which can be noisy and upsetting to those residents seeking a calming environment. Food service is slow and servers do not serve residents in a timely and orderly manner.

July 25, 2010

By Coffey

The physical plant is beautifully decorated. Very impressive; however, the dietician needs to be more skilled in proper nutrition and presentation of food. The women servers have loose hanging hair - food is not served hot -not even warm. It isn't unusual for there to be a shortage of food i.e. soup and or dessert-substitutes for soup are made such as a ruined baked potato (we recently was served a ruined/black potato, wrapped in crumbled (looked like used) foil. It seems that unless there is a family member present the patients would not have an Advocate to warm their food or to protect what they were served. Please do not let the reputation of this beautiful facility become tainted by the dietary negligence.

Services and Amenities of Providence Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Providence Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing

Providence Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing is a senior living provider in Tyler, Texas that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Providence Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing for more details on services and rates.

Map of Providence Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing