Shepherd of the Valley - Poland

Reviews of Shepherd of the Valley - Poland

Assisted Living Reviews for Shepherd of the Valley - Poland

July 11, 2012

By foxerboxer

My husband and I visited Shepherd of the Valley to see if it was a good fit for my ailing mother. She is currently in her late 80s and we are no longer able to care for her like we can. My primary goals for her was to find a place that would keep her active for her age, have good nutritional options, and most of all caring and cleanly. I visited many other assisted living options in the Boardman, OH area and this one by far was the most cleanly and customer service friendly. My husband and I wanted to make the first visit to see what we think before taking my mother by to see it. Bridget the front counter rep was very courteous and welcoming. The cafeteria had great food offerings as well. I really do think that this one will be ranked in my top 3 places to narrow down to for her future care. I really liked that they would work with her primary care physician as well.

Independent Living Reviews for Shepherd of the Valley - Poland

Services and Amenities of Shepherd of the Valley - Poland

• Condos Townhomes

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Church Related
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

• Occupational Therapy

About Shepherd of the Valley - Poland

Shepherd of the Valley Poland is a living community located in the picturesque city of Youngstown, Ohio. Youngstown is home to beautiful sights, such as the Fellows Riverside Garden and Mill Creek Park. During outings, residents can enjoy the naturalistic views while also indulging in arts and entertainment by visiting the Butler Institute of American Art or Covelli Center.

Shepherd of the Valley Poland provides independent and assisted living and memory care, skilled nursing and rehabilitation. Since 1997, the facility has offered residents a personalized care plan. The "At Home With Shepherd" plan is a dynamic system that changes to meet residents' needs by facilitating a transition from assisted living to memory care. Skilled nurses are available 24/7 and are held to the community's living standards, which involve respect, integrity and quality.

Shepherd of the Valley Poland strives to create a homelike environment, offering spacious apartments with kitchens and paid utilities. To foster socialization, residents are encouraged to spend time in the dining room, sitting areas and Club House. In addition to daily activities designed to encourage an active and healthy lifestyle, residents have access to special events, such as guest lectures.

Map of Shepherd of the Valley - Poland