Shawnee Manor

Reviews of Shawnee Manor

Nursing Home Reviews for Shawnee Manor

March 28, 2012

By emtheelf

I visit a relative here and I really like the facility it is very clean and newer looking. They have crafts and a little ice cream shop they open up sometimes. They have a restaurant type kitchen for the residents with a menu and several food options so if they do not like something they can choose something else. It helps them feel like they have more control over something. The staff is very friendly and they seem like they care for the people who live there. One time when I was visiting an elderly lady had an accident in the dining room and a staff member noticed it and instead of embarrassing the lady she tried very hard to get her out and cleaned up so no other residents noticed to spare the woman any embarrassment. Another time was on Halloween they gave all the residents a bowl of candy to pass out to the little kids who were trick or treating, they loved seeing all the kids' costumes and it brightened their spirits.

March 13, 2012

By dreamteam

I would easily say that I would not want to spend my last days in a nursing home. Whenever I would go there I would feel like I was entering an environment where people had accepted their own death. There was no sense of hope and in all honesty it reminded me of a Resident Evil video game. Although the workers were friendly when I went there it wasn't as if they enjoyed what they were doing. It seemed like it was just doing rounds, like each of the employees were robotic and completing tasks off of a checklist instead of trying to make sure that the residents were okay. The tasks and activities that they had almost seemed insulting. Many of them were for little kids like coloring, creating cards, doing simple puzzles, and reading picture books. Some of the residents that were also living there with my grandfather were really nice, but most of them were sad. Quite a few of them had family, but they never came to visit. Although there was medical staff all around, it really seemed like a place that psychologically would kill you faster than your medical illnesses. Overall, it was not a bad facility and the workers did do their jobs in a timely manner, I just wish the environment overall was better.

About Shawnee Manor

Shawnee Manor is a senior living provider in Lima, Ohio that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Shawnee Manor for more details on services and rates.

Map of Shawnee Manor