Brookdale Dickinson Avenue

2715 Dickinson Avenue, Greenville, NC 27834
Brookdale Dickinson Avenue (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 4 days

Independent and Assisted Living new residents receive $500 off the 1st full month and 4th full month free Base Rent. Must take financial possession by 2/28/2021. Ask for details when you tour.

Reviews of Brookdale Dickinson Avenue

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Dickinson Avenue

March 20, 2014

By justcare

Based on our tour, we were very impressed with Carolina House. It is a pleasant atmosphere. I was not pleased with the lack of attention and care. If you are able to speak for yourself and ask for what you need, then Carolina House is a great option. If you are unable to articulate your concerns, then this residence is not for you. The staff to resident ratio is not sufficient for optimal and quality care of persons who require anything more than minor assistance. The memory care area resident to caregiver ratio is generally 20 to 2, which is insufficient to effectively handle memory care needs.

February 13, 2014

My father was in Carolina House for six weeks but we took him out. The place is great for persons that could still do pretty much for themselves. It was nice and clean and the workers were nice. For someone who had issues with balance and was not able to get up and down or move around, there was just not enough assistance. Even though they charge you based on the assessment, they don’t really give that much extra time. He needed someone every time he tried to get up and he fell several times. I took him out because they would not allow side bed rails and he rolled out the bed constantly. They also have a dementia unit and I viewed it. They have around 20 patients in that unit; they only have two workers and they still wouldn’t let me use the bed rails there.

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns about Carolina House. Please be assured that the safety and well-being of our residents is our first priority and we share their concerns as well as the concerns of their families. We understand your desire for bedrails to be used, however there are risks associated with their use. We would welcome an opportunity to discuss it with you personally and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296.

June 19, 2013

My mom was at Carolina House and it was small but all her things fit there. I had not tried the food there. It would be better if the staff paid more attention to the residents.

May 11, 2012

By Peg2

Very caring staff and management. Concerned for positive living conditions for patients. Our patient is always clean and well cared for; she has maintained or gained weight. She does not have pressure sores and is encouraged to be up moving around as best she can. The facility is clean with no offensive odors. The residents are treated with respect with a family-type atmosphere. The staff is very aware of any medical concerns and responds to the need for treatment immediately.

October 13, 2011

By MariaMaria

I visited this facility to see if it would be good for my ailing aunt. I found that this facility was a great place for my aunt because they had great services, great staff, and a pleasant place. I felt comfortable about leaving my aunt there. I found there staff to be very caring, empathic, and easy to relate to. My aunt has been ailing and needs help since I can no longer take time off from work, and she does not want a home health aid. She does not want to be at home with just the home health aid, she would rather be in this facility. The amenities were great and much better than the other places I had seen. The Carolina house of Greenville was clean, quiet and had a great environment, it would be a great place for my aunt to spend the rest of her days. From what I have seen, I would recommend this place for anyone looking for someone who needs an assisting living provider.

June 29, 2011

By Doug

What impressed me about this facility was the concerns of the staff members on medical assistants. A lot of the residents at this assisted living facility can do for themselves, but from the conversation with one of the staff members, they are ready 24/7 to deliver a high quality professional help support to assist on any issue. When i was walking down the hallway i saw a resident dancing to a music video that was on TV. It made me feel good to see someone of that age dance just as good as me and I'm 25 years old. Even though the facility mostly have older residents, I can tell that they still have a long life a head of them.

Photos of Brookdale Dickinson Avenue

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Dickinson Avenue

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt

• Pets: Yes

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About Brookdale Dickinson Avenue

Brookdale Dickinson Avenue provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Dickinson Avenue