Holiday The Manor at Woodside

Reviews of Holiday The Manor at Woodside

Independent Living Reviews for Holiday The Manor at Woodside

December 20, 2020

By Barbara

I went to The Manor at Woodside. The visit was OK, the room they showed was a one-bedroom, but it was basically just two studios with an adjourning door. The dining area was like a restaurant, and the staff was very nice.

October 13, 2020

By djc110

Very happy with the manor. Raldy has stood by everything he has told us. My mother has attended many activities already. Room is comfortable. Staff has been very helpful.

October 05, 2020

By jennifer-jo

Due to a series of unfortunate events at the beginning of March, my mother had to leave her room at another assisted living home in the area, transfer to a nursing home and then at the height of the Covid 19 crisis have to find a new assisted living facility. The Staff at the Manor at Woodside worked with me to give me a virtual tour, weekly calls with updates and eventually a seamless transition into their home just in the nick of time. The rooms are clean and efficient, as they were at her other facility, but at a third of the cost. The staff genuinely enjoys being there and helping their "family". Raldy - I'm not even sure what his actual job is there - will help you with every thing from "we need a lamp" to "can you go into my mom's room and see why her phone isn't ringing" and any other above and beyond requests you may have. Activities are just beginning again, due to the Covid precautions, but my mom has been attending some chair exercise classes and I heard BINGO is back in action too... The grounds are lovely, residents sit outside on the patio and walk their dogs (and someone even walks her cat)... my mom says the food is surprisingly good, and she got a super cute haircut at the salon recently. I can't wait to experience the Manor when it is less restricted, after the scare of Covid has passed. My mom is definitely doing better there than she had been at the last place, and the few residents I have met have been lovely! I can't say enough nice things about the Manor at Woodside.

October 03, 2020

By Conor Walsh

The whole staff at the Manor at Woodside have all been so friendly and personable in making the transition into the new apartment for my grandparents as easy as possible. The communication between myself, my family, and the Manor has been professional, and timely. They have been working with us and guiding us in what we need to know for doctors, transportation for appointments, aids, and more. They have been great to work with, and we are very satisfied with the service thus far.

July 13, 2020

By fryeru

I’ve seen the rooms which are very nice. There’s studios, one bedrooms and suites depending on what you are seeking. The staff members are very friendly and working will well together. There are some issues that needs to be fixed but overall it’s a great place and affordable. The activities are suitable for the residents needs and there’s a community bus available for the off property events and activities. Other amenities are available in the cafe area and free WiFi also this is COVID free. My family’s friend has resided in this facility for the last six Years and he’s been happy.

May 01, 2020

By CZ

I'm currently at The Manor at Woodside. They've been terrific with the whole virus thing. All the people are really good and go out of their way for you. I like my room a lot. It's worth the money with all the extra services they have. Before the virus hit, I was getting shuttle service in a wheelchair. They do the laundry, clean the room, and provide meal services. I have a studio with a kitchenette, a microwave, and a little refrigerator. Everything I need is there. We used to have a dining area that we go to, but now they deliver the meals to the room. The bathroom is large with lots of handicap accessibility. They have a library, lots of activities, movies, games, bingo, and morning exercises.

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on our community. We appreciate your encouraging and kind words, especially during these difficult times. Our team is working hard to keep our residents and associates safe and healthy, and your appreciation means a lot to us. Thank you!

October 01, 2018

By YF

The Manor at Woodside's staff is very helpful. The initial entry way had a smell of urine, but when I went back a couple of weeks later, they had a company cleaning the rugs. I thought that was great. They got me a hospital bed storage and brought it up to my dad's room. They didn't have to, so I thought that was above and beyond. They're extremely helpful. The Manor at Woodside seems to be a very nice place. The food looks OK. They have a room with books and a computer, but they don't have a gym or a physical therapy center. I wish they had that. They have an area where they do teaching and activities at a long table in the room. They have a game room where they have a pool table and a card table. They have a van that will take my dad to all of his appointments. That's very nice too. My dad's room looks very nice. They painted it and put in a new carpet. For my visit, the sales person was great. It is very nice on the outside. The place is a little outdated, but I think it is very nice. I was impressed with The Manor at Woodside so I didn't even want to look at anything else. For the price, I think it is going to be great. I think it is a great place.

Hello, thanks for visiting us at The Manor at Woodside. We love having your dad as a resident. We strive to provide a clean, safe, and fun environment for our residents. Please let us know if there's anything we can do for you or your dad. Thanks again!

July 23, 2018

By Sylvia

I visited The Manor at Woodside, I liked it very much, the people there were very friendly, and the food was outstanding. The rooms seemed to be nice, and the staff was wonderful. They met me at the door, took me to the dining room, placed me to sit with some very interesting people, and took me around the facility. We ended up having a nice chat and they even walked me to where my driver was waiting. The dining area was lovely, and everything was perfect.

February 25, 2018

By Charon

We like The Manor at Woodside. My mother-in-law's studio apartment is very nice, very spacious, and very clean. The bathroom is large and has a nice walk-in shower and a very large walk-in closet. She has been playing bingo. I saw a library, washer and dryer on each floor, cafeteria on the main floor, lots of outdoor areas for them to sit outside, and quite a few indoor areas or community areas for them to sit and talk. They always have something to do every day.

July 17, 2017

By Anonymous

My mom is in The Manor at Woodside. She likes it and the social activities. They have a bus that takes her around, which she is happy with. She meets a lot of nice people. She is fairly happy with the food, which is institutional food, but if she does not like something, she can always get a regular hamburger or cold cut sandwiches. The room is nice. We put in our own furniture. One of the hallways had a urine smell once, which is a little bothersome to me.

November 21, 2016

By Loretta462313

We visited The Manor. Everything was great. The only issue we had was we were quoted a price, and at the end of the tour, he told us that it was short term price that was only good for the next few days and that we had to lock in and move her then, which was not previously known. The room was very hotel like. The size was nice, and it was all handicapped accessible with a small kitchenette. The person that assisted me was very nice. They had different activities all day long like exercise classes and crafts.

November 06, 2016

By Amy614671

The Manor is a wonderful facility; they’re very friendly, and they’re very welcoming. There were a lot of activities. They had my mother for the day, we had lunch, and we spoke with them. The food was wonderful. However, it wasn’t the right facility for her.

October 04, 2016

By Nelson014732

I thought everything at The Manor was good. I just had a walk-through, and it was maybe 15 or 20 minutes. The residents appeared to be happy. It was a bright atmosphere, and it looked like they keep the residents relatively busy, keeping their minds working. It looked like they strive to get the residents to communicate with each other, so relationships appear to be very big in the service they provide. People who go their brand spanking new, they apparently try to get them connected with others in the facility so they are not alone, and so that looked to be a big success. We really didn’t sample their meal, but it appeared that residents have choices of the standard meals or breakfast, lunch, and dinner. And then, if they just want to order off the cart, they can always go for hamburgers or something else. The meals were good. The rooms were small, and there was no cooking in the rooms. If they wanted to make their own meal to that effect, there was no ability to do that. They did have the microwave but no stove or anything like that. There was plenty of parking. It looked like there are some outings, and in addition to these outings are various events that they have. In terms of the prices, all of these facilities are very expensive, but this one seemed to be on the lower end in terms of price.

February 21, 2016

By Francine2

I like the rooms at The Manor at Woodside. The staff is nice.

December 16, 2015

By Elise3

The Manor was very nice, beautiful, and very elegant. The people seemed lovely and happy there. It’s very well run. We saw a lovely room, and the fact that we can put her pictures there was good. The dining room was beautiful, and the common room was very lovely and clean. The food was good. However, they didn’t have good medical care.

August 20, 2015

The Manor is classified as independent living, and my mother does have some long-term insurance, so we need someone that can accept assisted living. I thought it was a very comfortable place. It was very homey, it had living rooms, and it was accessible. It had elevators, and the appearance and staff were excellent, so this was favorable. Unfortunately, they did not have any kind of an exercise room. I think they were planning to purchase an adjacent area, but they did not have it at that time, and they did not have a pool. However, they do have the activity schedules and activity room, and they do give movies, so they have a lot of the normal type of perks for this type of living environment. One thing I did notice was that the food was so-so. We did go for a meal, and I think they could enhance this aspect a little.

April 16, 2015

By Julie67323550

I had visited The Manor at Woodside. It seemed good. I had a positive experience. The apartments were small. It was a good place, and the people seemed very nice. It was clean, and overall, it was fine.

November 29, 2014

Everything is perfect! The Manor at Woodside is just exactly a very good fit for my mother. It’s clean, nice, fun, safe, protective, caring, and attentive. There they have chaperoned trips, bingo, exercise, and religious services, so it’s nice. The atmosphere is beautiful. I'd recommend it. My mother’s happy and comfortable.

February 28, 2014

By Caring66820850

Manor at Woodside offers quite a few activities just about every day including the weekends. Its location is convenient to bus transportation. I would highly rate them because they had the convenience of being close to places like shopping. I heard some people who have had their relatives there and they were giving good feedback.

November 28, 2012

By DanielC

We visited The Manor at Woodside before my father passed away. The staff was professional and respectful. The place is very clean and well-maintained. It's a wonderful facility.

June 02, 2012

By DutifulGrandson

The Manor at Woodside is a charming place and a very cozy enclave for the elderly. The property is teeming with natural beauty and is meticulously landscaped, while the building complex is equally as orderly and is in pristine condition. There are innumerable activities and events that take place at The Manor, so there literally is something for everyone. My grandmother speaks very highly of the staff, claiming they are very friendly and attentive- qualities that are of the utmost importance in such a facility. Her living space is comfortable, but not humongous. There appears to be plenty of room for her to maneuver while the room is not expansive. Everything a senior citizen could possibly want is located within The Manor. There is a large common area that a lot of the folks were taking advantage of during my visit, and there was not a grim face among them. Everything about my experience with The Manor, and my grandmother's own testimony, leads me to believe it is a top of the line retirement community.

Questions about Holiday The Manor at Woodside

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Holiday The Manor at Woodside. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Holiday The Manor at Woodside offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Holiday The Manor at Woodside exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Holiday The Manor at Woodside offer to independent living residents?

If Holiday The Manor at Woodside accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Holiday The Manor at Woodside work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Holiday The Manor at Woodside

Photos of Holiday The Manor at Woodside

Services and Amenities of Holiday The Manor at Woodside

• Fee Structure Extra: Included In Rent: Electric, Gas, Sewer, Water

• Housing Extra: Hardwood, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup, Washer Dryer Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Clubhouse, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Holiday The Manor at Woodside

The Manor at Woodside is located in Poughkeepsie, NY, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to The Manor at Woodside for a visit...and stay!

*We understand that each individual is unique and that needs may change over time. Holiday by Atria does not provide any health care services. However, residents are welcome to receive services from any outside home health care provider of their choice to help them continue enjoying life at our community.

Map of Holiday The Manor at Woodside