New York State Veterans' Home at Oxford

Reviews of New York State Veterans' Home at Oxford

Nursing Home Reviews for New York State Veterans' Home at Oxford

January 20, 2012

By Michelle3

The New York State Veterans Home located in Oxford, New York is the Best facility for veterans in the entire New York State. I had recently heard from others the facility was more like a hotel with wonderful service than a nursing home. I had found out for myself when my Grandfather a Veteran himself decided to move into the facility after the death of my Grandmother. We had reviewed much information and taken a tour of the facility and many others before we decided that this would be the best facility by far for his permanent residency. My Grandfather Robert has been in the New York State Veterans home for the last 6 years and has enjoyed every minute of his stay there. The staff and administration are overly polite and are quick to meet any of his wants or needs. My grandfather was particularly excited because the facility allows cats!! There is a room within the facility that holds residents cats! How about that! Every other facility we had toured did not have this as an option and where my grandfather was staying is where he wanted his cat too. So besides the cat room they have recreation room where the residents get together and play games, do crafts, play Bingo, and listen to music or can just sit and visit with their family in a great looking comfortable environment. The nurses and aides at this facility are very sweet and my grandfather has come to know them like they are family and they treat him as good as family. The facility is luxurious compared to any facility in the New York area and is very well kept by housekeeping. The dining is well thought out and adjusted to the needs of the residents and their cafe is wonderful to eat from as a visitor. I can sleep well knowing my grandfather is in a safe, loving, warm, caring, clean, fun environment.I have recommended this facility to many people and have come to know many of the residents at the facility. Thanks to the New York Veterans Home in Oxford, New York. They deserve a five star review by far!!!

November 21, 2011

By Jackie B

The New York State Veteran's Home is 242 bed facility in Oxford Ny about 30 miles from Binghamton Ny.The staff is spectacular treating all residents with respect and care.The Nursing Department at the New York State Veterans' Home provides skilled nursing care on six neighborhoods ranging in size from 32 beds to 42 beds per unit, including the Rehabilitation and Memory Care neighborhoods. The Department consists of over 200 employees including Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, Certified Nursing Assistants, Secretaries, Ward Clerks, a Per Diem pool and Unit Assistants.The facility has a "pet project" in place which integrates animals and plants into the living environment. They currently have cats, birds, and fish living within the facility. They also let you bring your loved ones own pet for visits.I bring my sister 's cat spot to see her when I visit all these small things make her feel at home.The home also has lovely scenic views.

Photos of New York State Veterans' Home at Oxford

About New York State Veterans' Home at Oxford

The New York State Veterans' Home at Oxford is a 242 bed facility located in Chenango County about thirty miles north of Binghamton NY. Situated on a sixty acre site, the Home has spectacular scenic views of rural country land. We provide state of the art medical, nursing, psychosocial, and rehabilitative services to our residents. We also have several academic affiliations including the Upstate Medical Center College of Medicine/Clinical Campus at Binghamton.

Map of New York State Veterans' Home at Oxford