Wingate at Ulster

Reviews of Wingate at Ulster

Nursing Home Reviews for Wingate at Ulster

September 07, 2015

By poena73

After my boyfriends mother had bladder cancer and had to have her bladder removed, she ended up with an ileostomy. She needed rehab and went to Wingate in Highland. Let me start off with: This place is HORRIBLE!!! First, one of the nurses was trying to give her another patients meds. She had to ask the nurse what it was, and it wasn't until his mom told the nurse she didn't take those meds, that nurse realized she made a mistake. Had his mom not been alert & oriented she would have taken the meds of another patient. Second, his moms bag had been leaking and was asking for help changing it. She had been ringing the call bell for 4 hours!!!! She kept getting told "We are too busy to change your bag." "We are short staffed." "You need to be patient and wait." THESE NURSES ARE VERY RUDE AND NASTY!!!! It wasn't until my boyfriend and his sister showed up that someone finally came in to change the bag. Third, This happened again and his mom was ringing the bell for help changing the bag when she was told the same thing. "We are short and you need to wait." She called her daughter IN TEARS to tell her this. Her daughter called and spoke to the nurse. After they spoke the nurse went into the room and began yelling at her mom "How dare you call your daughter!" "You need to be patient and wait!" WINGATE YOU DESERVE A ZERO!!! YOUR NURSES ARE HORRID AND HAVE NO COMPASSION FOR ANYONE!!!

May 07, 2015

By Angela Maria

Both parents are there now and we're not really happy with how things have turned out. The food is just plain awful!! We've complained about it and even the staff agree and have stated other residents have complained too but so far nothing has been done about it! The laundry service is a joke. Either it takes a long time for the cloths to come back or the wrong articles are returned. Some of the aids are very pleasant and caring others don't even acknowledge that you're there. If you call and leave a message for the head nurse to call you back, they never do. I'm the one who has to call to follow up! They seem short staffed...no real good activities or the ones they do have are you're basic bingo, etc...most of the time the residents are lined up in the hall way in the front just sitting or sleeping there...they look so sad. The only positive thing I have to say is that there are a few good people who really do care about the residents and you can see that by the smile on their faces when they are interacting with them. We're looking to put my parents some place else...this time we'll know the right questions to ask, taste the food, make sure they get daily excerise and to make sure that someone like my dad who can't walk without loosing his balance will be able to get the assistance he needs so he can use his walker and stretch his legs instead of being told "sit down" all the time.

December 15, 2014

By Quanity no Quality

Both of our parents were in Wingate at the same time for a number of weeks for Rehab. Besides the cosmetic issues in the room which were tolerable, what concerned us more was the lack of overall communication and follow up. Both parents left Wingate with medical conditions that developed during their stay. Although these conditions were reported they never showed up in Nursing notes or treated. There were days that beds were not made and over all care was lacking. We were very disappointed in the care given and when we reported the issue to management we were given the "we will check into it" response. No more.

October 17, 2013

By ES317

My mom was in rehab for one month at Windgate Ulster, it appeared clean and most aids and nurses were helpful. My mom decided to stay as a long term resident, but was horrified by the conditions of her $14,000 a month room. There were holes in the wall, ripped shade on the window, the curtain surrounding her bed was brittle and fell off the hooks, the door to the nightstand was falling off its hinges and there was bugs in the dresser drawers. We felt for this kind of money she should have a a nice room. The care on the long term floor was without a doubt clueless, arrogant and negligent, never checked her oxygen container because it was empty and just left her in her room. She was never taken to activities, barely had her wet diapers changed and didn't get a chance to ever eat in the main dining room. I would never recommend this institution for anything other than rehab. A word to the staff, if you ever get a paying customer again, be sure to give them the best room, make sure it is clean, and don't put the paying patient into a room with a screamer, you have no business sense and you deserve ZERO star rating

About Wingate at Ulster

Wingate at Ulster is a senior living provider in Highland, New York that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Wingate at Ulster for more details on services and rates.

Map of Wingate at Ulster