Good Samaritan Society Manzano del Sol Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Good Samaritan Society Manzano del Sol Village

Nursing Home Reviews for Good Samaritan Society Manzano del Sol Village

October 13, 2012

By Allie Berrie

In August of 2011, I toured four assisted living facilities in Albuquerque, NM. My mother is only 63 years old, but has numerous health problems which prevent her from living completely alone. She only wanted to tour facilities which were within five miles from her niece's house so that it would be easy for her to visit my mother. I live over 1,000 miles away, so I wanted her to get on a waiting list for the nicest possible facility. Manzano del Sol Good Samaritan Village was by far the finest facility we visited. We met several different staff members, including nurses, nurse's assistants, and even the kitchen staff, who were all very welcoming. We couldn't have been more impressed! Not only are the rooms and facility itself beautiful, but the grounds and courtyard are beyond believable. Gorgeous trees and flowers, ponds full of koi fish with walkway bridges to cross them, gazebos, numerous benches and tables with chairs and umbrellas, an indoor swimming pool, a walking track, and even two little houses built for the two old tortoises that live on the grounds. Everything was wheel chair accessible, as I had to push my mother in hers for the tour. The residents there were also welcoming and friendly, and one couple showed us an amazing chapel where non-denominational church services are held every Sunday. They also told us about daily activities and monthly events held there, so the residents are never bored or lonely. We could see photos on the bulletin boards from several recent events that were held there, including the most recent a luau in the huge courtyard. It was definitely a home away from home.My mother later had physical therapy there in the skilled nursing unit, and it was our chance to really feel the place out. We could not find one thing to complain about! The facility is immaculately clean, and the staff is quite knowledgeable and always helpful and friendly. My mother was put on the waiting list immediately, and within 2-3 years, we hope to have her there permanently. We expected a waiting list for such a unique and wonderful place to live for those who need a little assistance. I feel good about her staying there, and to me, that peace of mind is priceless.

Services and Amenities of Good Samaritan Society Manzano del Sol Village

About Good Samaritan Society Manzano del Sol Village

Good Samaritan Society Manzano del Sol Village is a senior living provider in Albuquerque, New Mexico that offers residents Assisted Living and Nursing Homes. Contact Good Samaritan Society Manzano del Sol Village for more details on services and rates.

Map of Good Samaritan Society Manzano del Sol Village