Applewood Estates

Reviews of Applewood Estates

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Applewood Estates

December 30, 2017

By Linda Mary

This is a continuing care community - make sure to check out the assisted living before paying the huge upfront fees. They are one small room not nearly big enough to LIVE in. My dad passed away while living there and within that week they started showing his apartment without our knowledge and found someone who wanted to move into his apartment. The manager of resident services started calling me less than a week after he passed and proceeded to call me every week asking when we were going to have his stuff out. After the 4th call I finally said "it's only been a month" (the rent had been paid to the end of the month) and she replied "well actually it's been a couple of months". When I corrected her she had nothing to say. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL that is NEVER something you should say to someone who has just lost a loved one. After 4 months of phone calls to the equally rude financial staff, we finally received the unused portion of his entrance fee.

August 21, 2017

By Joel

My mom's room at Applewood Estates is a very nice 1-bedroom apartment. The menu is fine, but the food is not my cup of tea -- I like my food more seasoned -- but the quality is fine. The staff is fine. They have a pool and the place is very resort-like and high level.

July 17, 2017

By Janet

Applewood Estates was a good place; my brother would be comfortable there. The rooms were very nice, but the one-bedroom was a little small. They had bus trips into town, a library, and music. The staff seemed very helpful and knew everybody, but the place was so big.

May 06, 2017

By A Visitor235347

I really liked Applewood Estates. It is one of my two favorite places so far. It's kind of far away but really nice. It had nice outdoor spaces, good-sized rooms, and a lot to do. For me, programs are important, and I was impressed with their programs. It seemed as though they had a full schedule of activities, including movies, talks, music, or cultural things which are important to me for my mother who is a very good artist.

February 07, 2017

By Diane100175

I was not so impressed with the apartments at Applewood Estates. They had an indoor pool, exercise rooms, meeting rooms, an auditorium, and everything that most places have. It was spotless. They had a restaurant and a bistro; the food was excellent. The apartments were OK but not to my liking. I didn’t care for the living quarters.

January 19, 2017

By Joanne326428

Applewood Estates is located close to my home, and my mom is happy in a clean long-term care room. The staff is very helpful. They do daily activities and go grocery shopping. The food is OK to my mom. It's bright, airy, and large.

July 29, 2016

By Jean872288

I visited Applewood, and it was very nice. I have looked into it very thoroughly, and we have been satisfied to move there. The apartments were just so beautiful, and the activities were very nice. They seemed to keep it up very well. The main lobby was being refurbished when I came, but I could see that the main lobby was lovely. Applewood was a little quieter and seemed not to be too lively. The staff was very nice. I talked to a lady who stayed for a long time there. They were all very friendly. It came highly recommended to me. Three or four people recommended Applewood to me who had people that were very happy there.

March 02, 2015

Applewood is very nice, but it has a large upfront fees. The food is very good there also. These places are very attractive. They have a lot activities to keep you busy if you are so inclined to go that route. It was a large place and very good looking. From my point of view, it would have to be a rating of 1 just because of the fee. Excluding the fee, it would be a 5.

August 28, 2014

Applewood was very nice. It was very professional and upscale. I thought it was quite nice really. The dining area was beautiful. The apartments were very nice. They were a little small, but we live in a large home so we're used to little more space. I would surely recommend this community.

October 24, 2011

By gss2

My grandmother who has Alzheimers has been at Sunrise for the last 5 years and overall the experience has been very good. The aids seem extremely freindly and helpful when she is in need. Obviously my grandmother is not in the best shape and she needs the best care poissible. Being an aid at a nursing home is certaintly not the easiest job in the world but they seem to do a very diligent job. The only negative thing I can say about Applewood is the slight lack of cleanliness of the facility. There is always a stench of the place but I guess it is hard to control something like that. Overall, it has been a very nice experience for her over the years during a time when she needs it more then ever. I can only hope that the care she has recieved in the past 5 years will continue to be as conisistent and great as they have always been. I highly reccomend Applewood to any family looking for new asissted living homes.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (10) See fewer reviews

About Applewood Estates

Applewood Estates is a senior living provider in Freehold, New Jersey that offers residents Nursing Homes, Nursing Homes, and Continuing Care Communities. Contact Applewood Estates for more details on services and rates.

Map of Applewood Estates