The Chelsea at East Brunswick

Reviews of The Chelsea at East Brunswick

Assisted Living Reviews for The Chelsea at East Brunswick

October 30, 2012

By abdou1

I felt very comfortable visiting my aunt there regularly. The recreational coordinator was amazing at scheduling different activities every day. There were movie nights, nightly bingo, and trips at least a few times a week. They would go to the mall or museums or grocery shopping together. I often envied how dedicated and amazing the staff was. They had recreational aids who would do wheelchair exercises and have evening work outs as well. There were cocktail hours and 3 square meals a day from a staffed kitchen. The reception staff was warm and amiable. All individuals there were segregated based on need of assistance. The rooms were so pretty and were well maintained by a twenty four seven cleaning staff. Most importantly my aunt was very happy with her accomodations. Most people in her situation are very unhappy but I believe she made the most of it because of her amazing surroundings.

June 15, 2012

By ltrautmann

I went to visit this facility many times because my family chose this facility for my grandmother to stay in. The facility was a great location between all of my family members, making it convenient for us to visit. I believe that it is more of a facility for a person who is in better shape because there are stairs and a fair amount of walking/wheeling needed to get down the hallway. There was one elevator in the facility, which made it difficult for some of the seniors to get around. The Chelsea was only two stories, though. It is close to many restaurants and shopping facilities. The Chelsea also offered a free shuttle that would bring seniors to and from the shopping facilities. The Chelsea is a very new building and is very bright when you first walk into it. There is a large living room/common area that has a lot of seating, magazines, newspapers, a television room, and coffee and snacks available to residents and visitors. There is also a large dining area and kitchen where dinner is served to residents each night. A menu is posted outside that states the choices available that evening. Many events are available to the residents of the facility, including shows, kareoke, activities, and family day. They hold family days a couple times throughout the year where family members of the residents are invited for a day of food and entertainment. It really was a good time whenever they had it and my grandmother really enjoyed herself. The New Brunswick Hospitals are very closeby, which is good just incase something happens. The rooms were spacious and very clean. My grandmother lived in a single room that was very large. It had a twin sized bed with full dresser and nightstand. There was a small living area with television and chair and also a small kitchen area with full regridgerator, microwave, sink, and large cabinets. The bathroom was roomy and had a full tub. There was a lot of privacy but the staff was readily available at all times. The staff was so pleasant that they would let me in after visiting hours at night because of my work schedule. They all greeted me by name and had some nice conversations with me. My Grandmother made a lot of friends at the Chelsea, and really enjoyed the staff. She never had a complaint and they were always ready and willing to help. It was a great place for my grandmother during that time in her life because even though she was alone, she never felt like she was at the Chelsea.

April 09, 2012

By DancingMathilda

I went to visit this facility with my mom about 8 months ago and thought it was really nice. The facility is at a great location since it would enable my parents to remain close to their friends (my parents are in EB now). It is definitely geared for an active senior who will take advantage of the on site amenities and proximity to shopping and restaurants. The Chelsea is bright and new and fairly modern in feel which I was surprised about. My then 5 yo daughter came with us and really liked the different activities The Chelsea makes available to residents. One negative is that I felt that the cheer factor of the staff felt manufactured, like they were playing a role. My mom didn't pick up on that though. She did like the fact that New Brunswick hospitals are close and their have good medical services on staff. But she didn't feel ready to move to an assisted living facility at that point.

April 04, 2012

By Easy777

I have nothing but good to say about the facility. I had a friend who worked there at one time, and she allowed a friend and I to take a tour of the place. It seemed that the staff were passionate about helping the people, the facilities themselves were clean and wholesome, and the rooms almost reminded me of a bed and breakfast. If I were an elderly person, I would have chosen that place to live above any other, even if it took my life savings to get there. It basically looked like a remanufactured mansion, restored to its old glory and updated with all the modern amenities that one would expect. It had magnificent flooring, an old world scrolling staircase, large windows and a large chandelier, paintings from old masters hanging, and all sorts of things like that. The people staying there seemed content and happy, and I recall seeing people playing chess on a table as they awaited their afternoon repast. In the end, I would feel completely confident in my choice of The Chelsea as a place to send my grandparents if I had the money to do so.

Costs for The Chelsea at East Brunswick

Photos of The Chelsea at East Brunswick

Services and Amenities of The Chelsea at East Brunswick

About The Chelsea at East Brunswick

Surrounded by beautifully landscaped gardens, The Chelsea at East Brunswick offers personalized Assisted Living in both private and semiprivate suites. The Chelsea is located in a lovely suburban community with access to nearby shopping, dining, and medical facilities.

All Chelsea Senior Living Residences offer a safe, warm, homelike, comfortable setting where well-trained staff attend to the needs of residents to ensure wellness, provide choice, maintain dignity, respect individuality and promote the highest possible level of function and independence.

Our community features the Crossings Mental Health Program that takes residents with mental health issues (such as such as depression, grief, isolation, and panic attacks) and manages them with expert care (no Dementia for this program).

Map of The Chelsea at East Brunswick