Pacifica Senior Living San Martin Las Vegas, NV

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, and Memory Care

8374 West Capovilla Avenue, Las Vegas, NV 89113
Pacifica Senior Living San Martin (702) 425-4956
PROMOTION! 4 days

HOT SUMMER SPECIALS! Ask us how to save up to $1,500 on your June move-in!

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living San Martin

Assisted Living Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living San Martin

October 01, 2020

By KandyS

My Mom was very happy at Pacifica Senior Living. Her Apartment was light and very spacious. Mom enjoyed the Caregivers and the Residents, it's a family atmosphere. Mom really enjoyed being a part of that community. She would play the piano at dinner for the residents. She felt valued by everyone. Thank You for taking such great care of my Mom, KandyS

Hello, thank you for your positive review, we are grateful to see that you feel this way! We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living San Martin. Thank you again, we hope you have a wonderful day!

September 10, 2020

By Nancy

The quality of service is amazing. So attentive to both me and my mom's needs. The staff is warm and attentive. So pleased that I selected this facility for her.

Thank you for your positive review, we appreciate your feedback! We always strive to provide top quality service and care to every resident and their families. We are so are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at Pacifica Senior Living San Martin. Thank you again, we hope that you have a wonderful day.

July 04, 2020

By Helga

My husband is in Pacifica Senior Living San Martin. He's well taken care of there. They helped us move the furniture into the room, and we saw everything. They were extremely helpful and friendly, and they bring in things that he wants. Everything is perfectly fine and we're extremely happy. Under normal circumstance, they have a gym, games, entertainment, and a snack bar. It's a very nice place. It's a little pricy, but they do everything for me and the only thing I have to do is make the doctors' appointment, they take him, and they pick him up.

April 09, 2020

By CBrad

While things have gotten so crazy and rules keep changing with the covid 19 virus, I sure appriecate and respect how this is all being handled! I have a family member that lives here and is very happy. Now, she's become frusterated that she cant leave or that she cannot have vistors, but all the same understands the reasons for hers and everyone elses saftey. My kids and I come to the door and get to see each other and we talk on the phone now much more. Shout out to all that are staying with guidelines at Pacifica! We appriciate you keeping our families safe and entertained!

Hi!! Thank you so much for the SHOUT OUT!!! During this difficult time of the COVID pandemic your words are mean so much to us all. We are all doing everything we can as a team to go above and beyond to keep our residents and staff 100% safe. We thank you again for your kind words, as soon as this COVID 19 crisis is over, we expect to see your smiling face here again! Until then, have a great day and stay safe!

March 02, 2020

By Dr. Janet Van Heck

Big mistake placing my mom here. If this the "Best of Las Vegas," then you should move to a different city. My Mom died after her Med Tech did not report that my mom was week, mumbling, and behaving strangely. She should have gone to the hospital. Instead, she was left there to die alone. Every interaction I had with the Med Techs, Nurse Practitioner, and Memory Care nurse was horrible. I made numerous phone calls, sent text messages, and spoke with the Med Techs and nurses, and after two months, and no one listened to my concerns until my mom had to be hospitalized because she had not had enough to eat and drink. No one was checking to see if she was eating or drinking, and I took her to the ER on New Year's Day. If you care about your loved one, don't place them at Pacifica San Martin. A co-worker of mine had her grandmother here and said that when her grandmother pressed the call button, no one came to check on her. If I had listened to her, my mom might have made to the hospital for the care she needed. When management reads this, all I want is an explanation of how my mom died. I have left 5 messages for the doctor about my mom's cause of death, and he has not returned my phone calls. I need to know what my mom died of. Every family member deserves to know that.

Hi Janet, First of all, we want to offer our deepest sympathies for the unexpected passing of your mother. We would like to address the situation you have described. We appreciate all reviews, and appreciate you giving us the chance to improve by providing us with this feedback. We pride ourselves on providing a caring, personalized environment and we am sorry you didn't feel that same experience. Thank you again for your time, and we are very sorry for your loss.

June 04, 2019

By Larry

Staff is great, meals that are included in the cost of living here are poor, sometimes cold and service is slow. Sometimes an hour before placing or getting your meal. I am actively searching for alternative locations to move her.

Hi Larry, thank you for sharing your personal experience. We are sorry to see that you are actively seeking alternative locations and would like to get some more details. If you are willing to give us another chance, please reach out to us at (702) 381-7909 to speak to our manager directly. We look forward to hearing from you and appreciate you sharing your concerns.

April 10, 2019

By tmj42471

This place is awful. I am a very diligent daughter of an elderly father who cannot move on his own or speak due to a stroke. I was fooled by the beautiful facilities but after poor care, VERY rude management and my father being injured in suspicious ways, I pulled him out.

Hi, thank you for taking the time to share your review, your opinion is very important to us. Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Please feel free to contact with any and all questions. We hope you have a wonderful day and we hope to see you at one of our upcoming activities!

October 09, 2018

By Terry

Very nice place that felt warm and welcoming. We are not ready to move my mom in yet, but might be in the future at some point. Will come back for sure when we're ready.

Thank you for your positive review. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living San Martin. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and hope you have a wonderful day!

March 27, 2018

By Jennifer

My dad moved into Pacifica Senior Living, and so far, it's very good. He has physical therapy three times a week, they have socials, card games, movie theaters, and he loves the dining facilities. They serve three meals, but they have an open kitchen for sandwiches and salads. They have a nursing staff, and they deliver his prescriptions to his room if he needs them. They've been very good.

Thank you for your review, we appreciate you sharing your experience. Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website. If you ever need anything, please feel free to give us a call or stop by. We hope you have a great day!

August 21, 2017

By Gerald

Pacifica Senior Living San Martin is brand new, gorgeous, and beautiful with no hang-ups or issues. We didn't choose it because of the price and didn't have a swimming pool. The sales staff was very knowledgeable and friendly.

Thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it and hope that you find the community that meets all your needs. Please feel free to reach out to us at any time if you have questions in the future.Have a great day~

January 20, 2017

By CLP612350

I lived at Pacifica Senior Living San Martin, but the rent had gotten out of line, so I moved on. When I went back this time, I saw a number of improvements, like renovations to the rooms. The staff was very friendly, quite responsive, and nice. They knew me, and I had a really nice, warm feeling there. They play bingo and a lot of cards. They’re painting and cleaning all the time. It’s a good-quality place. It would have been my first choice, but it was a little too expensive for me.

Thank you for reaching out, your opinion is very important to us. We are glad that you came back to see all our improvements! We look forward to seeing you again. Please feel free to contact with any and all questions, (702) 381-7909.

December 13, 2016

By Tina823231

We went to visit Pacifica Senior Living San Martin, and we were seated in this comfy and cozy area. It had very pleasant furnishing, and it was very nicely decorated. It was very pricey, but I'm sure it was well worth the price because it was very ritzy.

Thanks for the detailed review, Tina823231. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living San Martin. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review!

December 03, 2016

By Read

Dad moved in 2 weeks ago at Pacifica Senior Living San Martin. It’s the one he picked out of the ones we went to -- the one he felt most comfortable with. We like the employees, and the people there seem to be very pleased with the lifestyle provided. The food is adequate. The rooms are comparable to the market.

Thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again.

November 24, 2016

By Joe235031

Pacifica Senior Living San Martin was like a 5-star hotel and absolutely beautiful. It was apartment-style living with large and spacious rooms. It had a full restaurant with not only buffet but restaurant-style eating as well. It was really very nice. The staff was wonderful and very friendly.

Hi Joe, thank you so much for your detailed positive review. We appreciate it! We are extremely proud of our staff and fantastic community. We hope to see you again soon!

October 13, 2016

By Kim444057

The staff at Pacifica was very friendly. The rooms were definitely clean, and it was the best apartment out of them all. The residents looked happy and extremely busy. They have a lot of activities.

Thank you so much for your positive review! We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living San Martin. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and look forward to seeing you again soon!

October 13, 2016

By Debbie486814

Robert moved into Pacifica about a month ago. I like their waiters, and he likes the food. It was gourmet type, but it costs less than the others. The rooms were a lot larger, and they have a movie theater room, an exercise room, and a spa.

Thank you so much for your positive review!

June 28, 2016

By William886178

Pacifica was really nice and very beautiful with nice, high ceilings, and it was nicely furnished. The rooms, the people, and the dining room were very nice. They even had a salad bar that you could go to and choose whatever you wanted to eat. The staff was very nice. It was a very nice facility. They had independent and assisted living. You don't feel any claustrophobia in there. It was very spacious and attractively done up.

Thanks for the feedback, William886178. We strive to provide excellent service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living San Martin. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review! You really made our day today.

May 10, 2016

By LorettaHNXXZ

Pacifica Senior Living was excellent. The dining room was great and felt like going to a very exclusive restaurant. It was very nicely done. They had a movie theater and outings at least once a week.

You really made our day today. We strive to provide excellent service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living San Martin. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review!

December 17, 2015

By Hazel8

Pacifica Senior Living San Martin seemed nice, but there's no way I can afford it. The lady that showed me around had started just that week, so she didn't know too much. But she did know the price, and it starts out at over $3,000, and I can't afford $3,000 a month. They showed us around the different things they had there, and I know they had church services and movies.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review. We appreciate it!

December 16, 2015

By Cynthia116388450

The staff at Pacifica Senior Living San Martin was very professional and caring, but not pushy, which was important to my boyfriend. We talked to about four of the residents, and we were quite surprised at how open they were about the things that they really enjoyed there. Everybody had wonderful things to say about the staff and the facility. They had a lot of amenities, like a gym, planned trips around the area, connections to cruises, and bus trips. They offer a lot of different classes, not just in physical therapy, like craft classes and other things that might interest elderly seniors. The only drawback we found is that they do not have covered parking. As a whole, I thought it was a wonderful facility.

July 21, 2015

My mother has been living in Pacifica San Martin for the last month, and it has been pretty rocky. She went there twice directly from rehab. She was about three weeks out from a significant stroke, and I feel that she was not as medically stable as they are used to receiving at that facility. I was over there all the time, and within eight days of her being there, she had another stroke. She was quite sleepy, and they did check on her frequently, but the fact that she just wanted to sleep all the time went rather undetected, and she got very dehydrated and that contributed to the next stroke. There was also some confusion around her medication administration. She was not medically stable enough that their system could respond to the quick changes in her medication regime. We were not going to give her a blood thinner dose for the day until we had the home health nurse come and check her INR. The nurse came, we got the reading, and as I went to find the nurse and tell her what the result was and what the doctor wanted them to do with her medication, my mother went to the dining room to have dinner, and they gave her the evening dose of blood thinner. The doctor had faxed over orders to hold the blood thinner and not give her any for that day because her blood was too thin. So, the system wasn't talking to each other in a timely enough fashion to prevent something like that from happening. A resident should probably be pretty rock solid stable medically before going into this kind of living environment. I feel like I was overpromised. The rooms are very nice, and the bathrooms are gorgeous. The facility itself is beautiful. It really does entice you to put your loved one there. The residents all appear immaculately cared for -- the ones that are out and about. Everyone is well dressed and clean, and it is a cheerful place. The residents seem to be real happy there. There are loads of activities -- movies, trivia, bingo, book club, card games, church services, a beauty salon on the premises, they had a lady that comes once a month and sings, a lot of musical activities, and shopping trips to Wal-Mart or to the drugstore. The quality of the food is very nice to even exceptional, but they're a little lax on their abilities to provide medical diets. The longer we've been there, the more I'm pretty convinced that she is not getting a low sodium diet, and that's something that I have to address. Also, there was a little bit of overpromise on the food availability. When my mom had her second stroke at Pacifica, the medication tech had come to give her her morning dose of medication and as my mother sat up to take her medicine, she was struck with intense vertigo. Instead of the medication tech immediately calling a nurse to come and evaluate her, she said she'll come back later and give her her medicine. Two hours later, she came back. My mother was too out of it to even hit a call button for help. I went over, I assessed her, and I called 911 for her to go to the emergency room.

We are disappointed to hear that you did not have a more positive experience with us at Pacifica Senior Living San Martin.

November 12, 2014

I am living now at Pacifica Senior Living. It is clean with beautiful windows, which I need for my birds, and my birds are my children. The staff is very nice. The people here are very nice. The food goes up and down. Sometimes it is really good and sometimes it is not good, but then, you have a menu that you can pick-up and you don't have to stick to what they are giving you. We have transportation that takes us to doctor's appointments, Mondays to Wednesdays. Thursdays to Sundays, they take us on trips to stores, casino, park, you know, they take us all over. They have a lot of activities here. I have been here for two and a half years here, and it will be three years in January. I love this, but right now we are having problem with the food going up and down and we just gonna have to see about that. I guess Pacifica has a certain supplier that they buy from, and it is tweaking getting the proper food here. We pay a lot of money and we expect to have decent food. They are working on trying to get the proper food in here.

Thank you for your positive review. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living San Martin. Thank you very much, we hope you have a wonderful day!

March 27, 2014

By Dean4

This community was smaller, a little older, but more comfortable and more homey. Everybody is friendly. Everybody knew everybody's name. All the people and residents are helped in whatever they needed. There was a junior suite that's very nice that has a bedroom, a little sitting room, kitchenette and bathroom. It's very comfortable. They have bingo. They have a little library, a room dedicated to movies and a place to do hair and nails. The dining room is quite adequate for a fair number of people. Very nicely setup. They have a hot table and they make it into a buffet for salads. They have a pretty good menu when I looked at it. It looked clean. There are people working all the time making sure it's clean. It's so much better than all the others. There's a very large patio in the back just off the dining room. If they'd had it covered, it would be probably an improvement but that would be a big task.

We're happy to hear you had such a positive experience with our team!

August 15, 2013

By Cass1

In my opinion, this community was the best facility in the city. It had nice large rooms. It had the best dining room with the best menu. The food was the best I had tasted. The only thing that I didn't like was that they didn't have the room that I described where I could bake. But they had everything else and that was perfect. The staff was very nice. I couldn't find any better staff than them. I liked the architectural design of the place. I would definitely recommend this place.

Hi, thank you for taking the time to share your review, we are now under new management and invite you back for a tour. Please feel free to contact with any and all questions. We hope you have a wonderful day and we hope to see you at one of our upcoming activities!

March 21, 2013

By Caring 0794

It appears to have good facilities, better food and have more activities for residents. The rooms were nice.

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback.

Independent Living Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living San Martin

Memory Care Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living San Martin

Questions about Pacifica Senior Living San Martin

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Nevada regulations are consistent throughout the region. Pacifica not only meets the criteria but also goes beyond recommended staffing and requires monthly ongoing training as a requirement of employment. Care exceeds expectations under the guidance of a Resident Care Director and a Memory care exclusive wellness team. This insures free and open lines of communication with families. A dedicated point of contact team member is always available to provide an update on a loved one when you need it.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Pacifica Senior Living San Martin. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Pacifica San Martin appeals to the independent but active senior who wants peace of mind that help is there when they need it.. Our senior age in place and average between the ages of 72-95 with many achieving 100. Most residents enjoy daily outings along with fun and stimulating activities including a variety of WII games like bowling and trivia. Painting classes, Bingo, and Karaoke are very popular with the residents who want the best that life can offer in a retirement community.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living San Martin offer to enrich residents' well-being?

The most popular activities are ones that engage our residents' minds such as WII Bowling, "Jeopardy" and "Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader". In addition to the social mind stimulation residents put field trips at the top of their list including Bingo and Casino runs, outings to Museums, Flower Shows, Nature exhibits and more.

What places are near Pacifica Senior Living San Martin or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Located adjacent to St. Rose San Martin Hospital and across the boulevard to shopping centers and restaurants, Pacifica San Martin is ideally located for active seniors and within easy transportation to venues courtesy of our community bus.

What transportation services does Pacifica Senior Living San Martin offer to assisted living residents?

We offer scheduled transportation in a wheel chair accessible bus. An air-conditioned soft ride 15 passenger bus takes residents to doctor visits, field trips, outings and excursions 7 days a week.

What makes the chef or dining program at Pacifica Senior Living San Martin exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Quality of food is the most important aspect of senior community living. Great care and effort goes went into finding a chef who is trained in culinary arts and special diets for seniors. Pacifica San Martin offers residents restaurant dining experiences complete with all-day dining menus, a full service salad bar with fresh fruits and vegetables along with soup of the day. Daily lunch and dinner specials include choices of low carb assorted specialty salads along with the chef prepared special. Breakfast is cooked to order. Dining room opens at 7:00 am and is open all day through 6:00 pm.

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living San Martin offer to assisted living residents?

Fulltime concierge services at the main entrance monitor guests and residents until 9 pm. After hours, the lobby doors automatically lock and are secured. Residents are provided key card entry to come and go as they please limiting access to visitors who are not on an approved visitors list.

How does Pacifica Senior Living San Martin keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Both our Activities Director and our Wellness Team use Face Time, Skype, and email in conjunction with personal phone calls to communicate changes in care needs and updating their families with special activities their loved one may have enjoyed throughout the day. Regular daily Face Book posting shows family members how fun and engaged their residents are while engaged in the building and during outings.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Pacifica Senior Living San Martin during daytime and nighttime hours?

Our Wellness teams may schedule more caregivers when the need requires. Ratios are always within recommended guidelines established by the State of Nevada so as to meet or exceed the current care needs of the census at the time.

If Pacifica Senior Living San Martin accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Pacifica San Martin is pet friendly and offers a dedicated dog park and safe dog run. Patio chairs and tables allow residents to relax outdoors while their loved one runs free in the pet friendly garden courtyard. Cats are welcome also. Residents must be responsible for their animals as always. There is a one-time Pet Fee.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

As a mandatory requirement, each employee undergoes a thorough back ground, character, and criminal check, along with a current drug screening. Initial training is provided and ongoing monthly mandatory training is required as part of the employment agreement. All staff are CPR and First Aid certified. Mandatory in-services are schedule monthly to provide a high level of customer service and care that our residents deserve. Health care topics and demonstration of technique from professional health care providers insure our staff is fully trained to help our seniors as they age gracefully in place.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

The State of Nevada has specific guidelines regarding staffing in memory care. You can be assured Pacifica San Martin MEETS OR EXCEEDS THEIR RECOMMENDATIONS.

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living San Martin provide to protect residents who wander?

Residents are allowed to utilize our entire community until they can no longer demonstrate sound judgment or safety awareness. If a change of condition becomes a concern by residents and staff, a family consultation to identify our areas of concern is called and a plan is implemented to keep the resident safe. This may include a recommendation to transfer to our secured Legacies Memory Care Neighborhood. Safety of the residents is always first.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living San Martin offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Legacies is the trademark memory care program that encourages residents to participate in memory care specific activities. It's common to see Assisted Living programs cross over for residents who are still active and capable of participating with the assistance of caregivers. For example, jewelry making where the reward is the finished product they can proudly wear or art painting class where it can bring out a talent that was honed and still part of a long term memory. Daily discussion of Today in History is reviewed along with Music and Memory which brings back long term memories of an era they grew up with. Music is a part of life in Memory Care including entertainers who frequently visit our community.

A full-time Resident Care Director who is also a career Assisted Living nurse, assesses each resident's personal care program prior to admission. Reassessment is conducted if there is a sense of change of condition and annually.

What techniques does Pacifica Senior Living San Martin use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Resident Care aides are in the dining room to encourage and guide residents who need stand by assistance. Food intake is also monitored along with skill level to be able to serve the resident with the highest need while providing independence to those who can self-feed.

How does Pacifica Senior Living San Martin keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

A Resident Care Coordinator overseas the care programs under the direct supervision of the Resident Care Director who is also the nurse. This dedicated staff member is the liaison for all communications and is available on the floor and after hours if needed.

Describe the neighborhood around Pacifica Senior Living San Martin. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Pacifica San Martin is established in a relatively new area and was built and completed 10 years ago. The community is located in a very nice and upcoming area adjacent to Dignity Health St. Rose Hospital with shopping centers and grocery stores nearby. Located off the Warm Springs main road, this community is very quiet and peaceful.

Is Pacifica Senior Living San Martin affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Within 3 hospitals including one just across the street.

Costs for Pacifica Senior Living San Martin

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

About Pacifica Senior Living San Martin

pacificasanmartin.com

Pacifica Senior Living San Martin has been specifically created and thoughtfully designed for social seniors who want to maintain an active lifestyle with the surroundings and comforts of home. Our senior community uses a personalized program of care, moving away from task-oriented and moving toward person-centered care. We believe in getting to know each individual that we serve, learning their life story. We use this knowledge about their life and who they are to customize our care to fit the person.

We are proud of the outstanding reputation we’ve earned in the Las Vegas area, a reputation built on strong family values, a solid work ethic and the best care and outside medical services available.

At Pacifica Senior Living San Martin, you will enjoy an exclusive retirement lifestyle provided in a stunning settings; a lifestyle rich in services, special amenities, breathtaking beauty and endless possibilities. We offer an active and open approach to assisted living by providing a wide variety of activities, fine food, elegant suites and beautiful courtyards.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living San Martin