Independence Village of Oxford (Waterstone)

Offers Independent Living

701 Market Street, Oxford, MI 48371
Independence Village of Oxford (Waterstone) (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Independence Village of Oxford (Waterstone)

Independent Living Reviews for Independence Village of Oxford (Waterstone)

October 10, 2021

By pgw

My dad has been a resident at IVO for several years. Before her passing, my mom was a resident for 1 year. We have been very happy with Independence Village. The apartments are very nice and well-maintained. There are quite a few different activities. I am always impressed with their ideas for different activities and celebrations. Dad enjoys the activities and also enjoys attending church services at IVO. All the staff is wonderful! So friendly and helpful to both my dad and me. They know all the residents by name and go out of their way to help us. It’s evident that they truly care about the residents. Having a full-time job myself, I am so appreciative of the transportation provided for shopping and appointments. It is a great help for Dad and me. IVO has arranged for some outside services to be provided onsite. A local doctor’s office has appointments onsite. A podiatrist makes appointments in the residents’ apartments. An audiologist visits monthly. There is a lab service that comes to Dad’s apartment when he needs blood drawn for tests. My mom had required some additional assistance The aids came promptly whenever we pulled the cord or as scheduled. They always took the time to talk with Mom and were very caring and attentive. Before her passing, my mom was under Hospice care while still living in her apartment at IVO. The coordination, care and concern we received from everyone at IVO was truly appreciated. During the COVID restrictions, I was very impressed with the care and protection provided to the residents. The daily activity cart helped to keep up the morale of the residents. Their communication with the families has been very good. During the restrictions, they began taking frequent photos and posting them on Facebook so we could see our loved ones. That is continuing today. I so enjoy seeing my dad in the pictures! The director has provided frequent emails with COVID protocol updates and other important information for the families. It gives me peace of mind and comfort to know that my dad is happy and well cared at IVO.

August 24, 2021

By Ken Wickerham

The staff and management in particular are always available, helpful, and positive. There are a lot of diverse activities provided. The chef makes many different kinds of food. During covid, I was very happy with how they protected the residents and sought to keep their spirits up.

August 24, 2021

By Suemar

The employees of Independent Village at Waterstone in Oxford truly care about each and every one of the residents that live there. The feel of the whole place is just like home. They take the time to listen and talk with everyone. I have seen the receptionists many times inviting someone to pull up a seat and sit with them at the desk and talk. The activities are wonderful. They come up with the best ideas for new and fun things to do. The chef makes the best meals! My dad says he has never eaten so good.

August 21, 2021

By Karen

We have chosen the Independence Village of Oxford (Waterstone). My mom will be moving in next week. It is very nice. The people are very nice and helpful. It's just a very beautiful facility, the apartments are nice, and everyone we met was friendly and helpful. You get a continental breakfast and dinner and then they have all sorts of activities like exercise classes, games, church services, and they have a bus that takes you shopping once a week.

July 14, 2021

By VHM2468

Excellent! The staff goes out of their way to be warm and helpful. Lots of activities going on and the food is excellent. Most important, they have been extremely helpful when health issues and emergencies have come up, especially since I work and can’t be there immediately. No matter what happens, I know they are in good hands. That gives me a huge amount of peace of mind you can’t put a price on.

July 13, 2021

By M Pikelis

Great staff and meals, clean rooms, many activities for residents.

May 06, 2021

By Wick1975

Can’t say enough great things about Independence Village of Oxford. My dad and step mother moved in, and numerous complications on their side immediately happened. The staff at IVO was amazing through all of it. Where all I saw was the bad in the situation they saw hope and opportunity to truly help them succeed. Here we are 3 months later and they are thriving there!!!! The entire staff at IVO genuinely cares about each of the residence, and always have a smile and friendly hello for visitors. I had a chance to talk to some residents while moving stuff in and they all love it there. I can fully understand why, and feel blessed to have the opportunity to move my dads and step mom in.

March 22, 2021

By Janet Sharpe

My parents are in the independent area. Everyone is very caring and understanding. They were wonderful when my father passed away. The staff is very uplifting for mom and accommodating. They have a nice dining area and activities. The apartments are nice, only recommendation is to get new appliances since it's original and everything is refurbished.

January 22, 2021

By karwick

Once you walk in you are greeted with a happy smile and welcome. The place is very clean and well maintained. My mother in law loves it here. The activities and attention given are over the top! They care about the residents and their families.

January 21, 2021

By ldszklarski

Independence Village is a very caring facility. My mother has lived there for 14 years and she considers this community an extension of her family. Everyone is friendly and positive. This past year was tough due to the covid 19 virus restrictions but the residents and staff did their best to stay safe. In the past my mom partook of the many activities, trips and concerts. She looks forward to gathering with "family" again.

January 21, 2021

By TimG

Beautiful apartment and the staff is outstanding! They are so friendly and helpful with all of my parents needs. The on-site doctor and transportation to appointments and shopping are so helpful. They have daily activities and nonstop fun activities for everyone. My mom enjoys interacting with her neighbors and the staff.

January 20, 2020

By Cherie Barnett

When it came time to consider moving my Mom to a senior living facility it was very emotional for us. We made our appointment at Independence village. I had such knots in my stomach knowing this was the next stage. When we walked in everyone was so friendly and happy! My Mom was beaming! By the end of the tour my Mom considered it a dream to live there. We were all so happy that our experience was so great! It has now been four years and she still feels the same way! Everyone knows her name!!! The friendliness is real! The dinners are a lovely dinning experience. I could go on and on. My advice...make the appointment you will leave knowing it was the right decision.

September 09, 2019

By jadobarnes

This has been a wonderful transition for my grandparents as they needed extra care moving from their home into an independent living facility. It has been a smooth journey thanks to the lovely accommodations, wonderful staff and countless amenities for them to enjoy. My grandma is a meticulous housekeeper and has appreciated the laundry and cleaning services that are provided. Their 2 bedroom, 2 bath apartment is quaint and cozy. We’ve noticed any issues such as light bulb replacements are promptly taken care of. Our family is so grateful for the care they receive at Independent Village. It has certainly eased the worry and anxiety for all of us knowing they are in such exceptional care. My grandparents enjoy the variety and options for meals and take advantage of many of the daily activities and day trips that are offered. The dining staff always seems to be a hit as many are high school or college aged. We are always impressed with the rapport they have with residents! My grandparents became friends quickly with their neighbors and dining mates. Our family enjoys visiting and participating in cocktail hour, brunch, play time in the game room and special events. The environment is so warm, inviting and family friendly. We’re truly thankful and wowed by this community!

April 05, 2019

By Violet C.

I have lived here for 4 years. I have enjoyed my time here at the community. I have really enjoyed the activities, the residents are special. My favorite is the food! The dinners are the greatest!

Costs for Independence Village of Oxford (Waterstone)

Photos of Independence Village of Oxford (Waterstone)

Services and Amenities of Independence Village of Oxford (Waterstone)

• Minimum Age: None

About Independence Village of Oxford (Waterstone)

Welcome to Independence Village of Oxford (Waterstone)! This isn’t just a place to reside — it’s a place where our community members truly shine, and we are glad to share this experience with them. Our senior living options include independent living and enhanced living. Throughout each service level, we strive to make every moment of every day something special. We know it’s the small details in life that make a difference. Every resident becomes a part of our family, and we work with each of them at their pace to create the experiences they want. Independence Village of Oxford (Waterstone) is a place where residents can truly Shine. Everyday.

Independent Living

Independent living is designed for individuals who want the privacy of an apartment home with the added benefits senior living offers: meals, housekeeping, maintenance, transportation, activities, group outings, fitness programs, educational seminars and more.

Enhanced Living

A bridge between independent and assisted living, enhanced living is designed to promote the greatest level of independence for individuals who need a little extra help. It includes all the benefits of independent living plus the peace of mind that comes with affordable, custom personal care packages that can be tailored to individual needs.

Community Amenities

• Large Floor Plans • Balcony Or Patio • Courtyard And Golf Course Views • Individual Thermostats • Large Windows • Full-size Refrigerators • Large Closets With Additional Storage Space • Gourmet Meals • Wheelchair Accessibility • Exercises And Fitness Programs • Apartment Maintenance • Weekly Routine Linen Laundry Service • Beauty Salon/Barbershop • And More!

PrevNext, Large floor plans, Balcony or patio, Courtyard and golf course views, Individual thermostats, Large windows Full size refrigerators, Large closets with additional storage space, and more!

Map of Independence Village of Oxford (Waterstone)

Independence Village of Oxford (Waterstone)