Independence Village of Oxford (Waterstone)

Offers Assisted Living and Independent Living

701 Market Street, Oxford, MI 48371
Independence Village of Oxford (Waterstone) (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Independence Village of Oxford (Waterstone)

Assisted Living Reviews for Independence Village of Oxford (Waterstone)

June 23, 2018

By janserwin

Our Mother chose this beautiful facility and location five years ago. She decided it was time to downsize and simplify. She did it all in two weeks and has been here happily ever since. There are lots of activities going on most days. Exercise, quilting, bingo, Dr. visits, banking days and trips to the stores, etc. There are cozy nooks throughout to watch a movie or sit and visit. We have enjoyed many meals and brunches as a family with very reasonable prices. Visiting ministers come . Music is frequently brought in too. Our grandchildren love Grandparents Day here. A Kid friendly menu with hotdogs, chips, ice cream bars and a bounce house bring out the smiles. We feel blessed to know Mom is safe and well taken care of with kindness and compassion. The staff is helpful whenever we have a question. Their support makes this decision an easy one. When Mom had her car she had a nice carport to cover it. Buses take the tenants where they need to go with notification. We just happen to be close enough to run her to meals and appointments. There are many very tasty restaurants in town. Meijers is within a mile and offers delivery service for a fee. We call it the Castle and are so pleased Mom is here. We highly recommend Waterstone. Most Sincerely, the Frericks Family

December 21, 2017

By E

Everybody has been very nice here at Independence Village of Waterstone. The staff is wonderful and very helpful. We have a lovely 3-room apartment with one bedroom and one bath. We brought our own furniture. We have not gotten active in any activities yet, but they have a whole lot of them. They have Bingo, card games, and a chorus. They have a gym, which we have not visited yet. From what you get here, the price is in the range of other places.

November 26, 2016

Independence Village was a nice place, but the guy who was supposed to be there for the appointment never showed, and his assistant didn’t know anything about pricing or anything like that. The guy that was supposed to be there didn’t show up, and the assistant couldn’t get hold of him. As far as I am concerned, he wasn’t very professional. It was very pretty and very clean, but they charge for everything. They were too expensive for us. Overall experience as far as the girl not knowing what she was doing and the guy not showing up, 1 is the lowest I can come up with.

Hello, Thank you for leaving a review. Unfortunately, with no record of this visit and because the review was left anonymously, we have little to go on. However, we do always have a Community Specialist in our building during typical business hours. We are interested in the details of this review and encourage you to call our community to discuss in greater depth. Thank you.

October 05, 2016

By Ann713568

Independence Village was nice. The rooms, the dining area, and the personnel were nice.

October 28, 2015

By Renee H.

We choose Independence Village because it is very nice. It is a beautiful place. My mother is very comfortable there. It is reasonably priced. It fits all the criteria, and we are very happy.

July 12, 2015

My friend signed up for Independence Village of Waterstone, and she has moved in on Sunday. It's a lovely place. They have bingo, they have a bus that takes you to places, to grocery shop, to your doctor's appointments, and they have entertainment every Thursday. They have beautiful furniture and light fixtures. They serve breakfast and dinner. You can order and pay for lunch, or she has a full kitchen, and she can do her own. They do laundry for her every week, and they do her sheets, towels, dish cloths, dish towels, and washcloths. She puts them out in a bag by her door, and they pick them up and bring them the next day. Every other week, they clean her apartment. This is the most convenient from the location where she has lived. They have her bank in the building, and she can keep her same doctors.

April 27, 2015

Independence Village is very bright, clean, and very open. It wasn’t cramped at all. The staff is friendly. I know they offered games. They have a library, a game room, a playroom for children, and a large activity room.

March 23, 2015

By Judy102633650

Waterstone is absolutely beautiful if you don't have the situation that I have. My mother would have needed more care than that, but for a lot of people Waterstone in Oxford would be beautiful. I didn't get to meet the staff. I just met a lady who gave me a tour. This place was really nice.

January 24, 2014

By Grace A

I have several friends that have their parents living at Independence Village of Waterstone, I would recommend this community highly, the staff is incredible. They create an experience with each individual they come in contact with every minute of every day. The building is very well kept by the housekeeping crew and the Chef prepared meals are tasty! They have menu style dinners with home made deserts in a beautiful dining room. The apartments are spacious and all have a balcony or patio. I seen one apartment that had a fireplace and sunroom. I give Independence Village of Waterstone five stars!

October 16, 2013

By Carol71577550

Independence Village was a new facility. It was very nice but it was a little bit expensive. It was clean. It was 5 miles from town and it was like in a country area. The staff was very nice. Overall, it was a very nice facility, although their price is something they could improve on.

September 30, 2011

By Betty4

Independence Village is a beautiful facility. It has two dining areas and several common areas for entertaining, church, puzzle rooms, pianos, library, etc. The dining areas are spacious with white linens and quality food. They offer several special events throughout the year for families to spend time with their loved one. Often events have live music, great decorations, and food. For example, the christmas holiday party had a live reindeer, live music, Santa, face painting for kids, and a variety of delicious appetizers. Family members can also join their loved one at any time during the week in the dining area for a reasonable price. The staff has always been warm and welcoming. On the other hand, there have been several incidents where the wrong medication was given to my family member. At that point in time, there was a high turnover rate in staff. This seems to have been addressed and we are currently very happy with the staff.

Independent Living Reviews for Independence Village of Oxford (Waterstone)

January 20, 2020

By Cherie Barnett

When it came time to consider moving my Mom to a senior living facility it was very emotional for us. We made our appointment at Independence village. I had such knots in my stomach knowing this was the next stage. When we walked in everyone was so friendly and happy! My Mom was beaming! By the end of the tour my Mom considered it a dream to live there. We were all so happy that our experience was so great! It has now been four years and she still feels the same way! Everyone knows her name!!! The friendliness is real! The dinners are a lovely dinning experience. I could go on and on. My advice...make the appointment you will leave knowing it was the right decision.

September 09, 2019

By jadobarnes

This has been a wonderful transition for my grandparents as they needed extra care moving from their home into an independent living facility. It has been a smooth journey thanks to the lovely accommodations, wonderful staff and countless amenities for them to enjoy. My grandma is a meticulous housekeeper and has appreciated the laundry and cleaning services that are provided. Their 2 bedroom, 2 bath apartment is quaint and cozy. We’ve noticed any issues such as light bulb replacements are promptly taken care of. Our family is so grateful for the care they receive at Independent Village. It has certainly eased the worry and anxiety for all of us knowing they are in such exceptional care. My grandparents enjoy the variety and options for meals and take advantage of many of the daily activities and day trips that are offered. The dining staff always seems to be a hit as many are high school or college aged. We are always impressed with the rapport they have with residents! My grandparents became friends quickly with their neighbors and dining mates. Our family enjoys visiting and participating in cocktail hour, brunch, play time in the game room and special events. The environment is so warm, inviting and family friendly. We’re truly thankful and wowed by this community!

April 05, 2019

By Violet C.

I have lived here for 4 years. I have enjoyed my time here at the community. I have really enjoyed the activities, the residents are special. My favorite is the food! The dinners are the greatest!

Costs for Independence Village of Oxford (Waterstone)

Photos of Independence Village of Oxford (Waterstone)

Services and Amenities of Independence Village of Oxford (Waterstone)

• Minimum Age: None

About Independence Village of Oxford (Waterstone)

Nestled amidst the world-class Waterstone resort subdivision, Independence Village of Waterstone is luxury senior living at its finest. Surrounded by beautiful homes, a small lake and black top walking paths, our picturesque family oriented community offers you more than a new home, it offers an entire neighborhood to explore!

Enjoy the privacy and comfort of your lovely, spacious, well-appointed apartment before heading to the Village Café to catch up on current events. Indulge in delicious chef-prepared meals in our elegant dining room then try your hand at a friendly game of bingo, pinochle or Wii. Socialize with friends at the neighboring championship Boulder Point Golf Course or just visit with family and friends in one of our many inviting community areas. The options are endless.

PrevNext, Large floor plans, Balcony or patio, Courtyard and golf course views, Individual thermostats, Large windows Full size refrigerators, Large closets with additional storage space, and more!

Map of Independence Village of Oxford (Waterstone)

Independence Village of Oxford (Waterstone)