North Woods Village Memory Care Assisted Living of Kalamazoo

Offers Memory Care

6203 Stadium Drive, Kalamazoo, MI 49009
North Woods Village Memory Care Assisted Living of Kalamazoo (800) 385-2527

Reviews of North Woods Village Memory Care Assisted Living of Kalamazoo

Memory Care Reviews for North Woods Village Memory Care Assisted Living of Kalamazoo

May 13, 2020

By Dayton

I hesitate to write this review because our friend Dayton is discouraged about not the outward appearance but how the home is staffed. Many times the call bell is not answered in a timely manner. Your “chef” is average & food is cold or unappetizing but, I’ve had some nice meals there. I do think the nursing staff is limited & new staff is constantly being hired. I know the nursing staff is changing & Sally is nearing the age of retirement. I need at least a courtesy phone call from the nurse when he is ill - not from an outside source!! Phone calls at night to the staff is nonexistent-it doesn’t matter what number you call. I can testify to that problem. I have a problem with taking items out of Dayton’s room without him being there or putting things in without him knowing. He is allowed some privacy & he does pay for that space! He can understand a reasonable explanation. I would like a town hall meeting with those who care for their loved ones. We do talk in the hall or by our cars. Most of this can be resolved with steady, additional help. The front desk help is refreshing. The Coronavirus Disease has been contained but, how nice it would be to see your loved one through a window! It seems all shades are down. You cannot drive a situation/company from the bottom up, only from the top down. I feel Dayton is safe but, can mostly take care of himself. He’s been alone for a long time but, can entertain himself (not always the right way) quite easily. Dick & I have disciplined Dayton on occasion & will continue to support you in the future. Sincerely, Marilyn D

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! While we always strive for a five-star rating, I sincerely appreciate the feedback. I am happy that we had a chance to speak at length recently, and hope that you are confident that we are working hard to meet the needs of your friend. You and I made plans to meet again soon, and I am looking forward to checking on our progress! Thank you, Audrey Henriquez, Executive Director

April 30, 2020

By Mark cook

I have found North woods the best facility that I could ask for in Kalamazoo and surrounding areas have researched a lot of places granted other places are nice also but this one I have found to be above the rest my mother is there she's well-cared-for she's kept busy exercised looked after well I would give them a 10 out of 10

Thank you for your kind words Mark. It is an absolute pleasure to serve your mother and we are honored to be trusted with her care.
See all Memory Care reviews (6) See fewer reviews

Costs for North Woods Village Memory Care Assisted Living of Kalamazoo

Photos of North Woods Village Memory Care Assisted Living of Kalamazoo

Services and Amenities of North Woods Village Memory Care Assisted Living of Kalamazoo

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: AH390394454

About North Woods Village Memory Care Assisted Living of Kalamazoo

Personalized, Resident-Centered Care

No two residents with memory impairment experience the same challenges, needs or symptoms. “NEW DIRECTIONS”® is a personalized, individualized, and resident-centered program. It's not a one-size-fits-all approach. It is dynamic and able to change as our residents' need change. Each person receives the ideal level of support he or she needs to live as independently as possible.

It all begins with the resident’s life story

Every relationship we have with a resident at North Woods Village of Kalamazoo begins with his or her life story. Quite simply, we get to know our residents. We talk with families, ask questions and learn about each individual's life. Most importantly, we listen. We learn about the family, the resident's profession, passions, interests. What they loved to do, what inspired them, fulfilled them and made them happy. We carry that information in our heads and in our hearts, and that knowledge shapes everything we do for that resident.

Knowing such personal information, we are able to tailor our engaging programming to each person’s individual tastes, interests and abilities. As a result, our residents now participate in favorite hobbies, pastimes and other pursuits that are not only pleasurable, but also provide them with fulfillment, self-confidence and pride.

As an example, if one of our residents loved to cook, we will develop and implement cooking activities. If another individual enjoyed bird watching, we will offer a bird watching activity. Again, these specialized programs will be designed to promote success, emphasizing each individual's strengths and abilities and fostering a sense of accomplishment.

One of the hallmarks of “NEW DIRECTIONS”® is our specially trained staff. Our training programs go above and beyond what is typically required by other licensed communities. Likewise, our staff members are encouraged to get to know each resident on a personal basis. It’s comforting to our residents to see familiar faces every day and build friendships they can count on.

Map of North Woods Village Memory Care Assisted Living of Kalamazoo