Americana Seniors of Davison

Reviews of Americana Seniors of Davison

Assisted Living Reviews for Americana Seniors of Davison

May 25, 2021

By Paul

My father will be moving into Americana Seniors of Davison. When we toured the place, they were very professional. We spoke to some of the residents we met in the dining room, and all volunteered very quickly that the food was very good. The facility was just a typical one. It almost has the same layout like the other ones, and it was fine. The rooms were also nice, roomy, and met all his needs of space, common areas, and all that other good stuff, so all was well. They had a social calendar too, and that was important to us, because there would be lots of activities that he could participate in. The staff was excellent and the place was clean.

December 06, 2020

By Humptydo

I am a resident of Americana and have been here for 3 years. I think what stands out in my mind is that it is an over-whelming experience to have to give up your home and way of life and the staff and management took over and made the transition a smooth and easy and did everything to make me feel at home. And since then we are offered activities that suit everyone's likes. As I tell people, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

November 23, 2020

By B.M.

We chose Americana Seniors of Davison for my mother, and she has recently moved in. It's a quiet place, it's small, and the experience has been good. I like the room, I think it's good. They give them good care, they have things to do, even though she doesn't do it, but hopefully she will eventually. The location is not in town, and it's not busy. I've checked the menus, but I haven't tried the food.

August 30, 2019

By Christy

The staff was knowledgeable, friendly, and welcoming. I would give it an A plus all the way around. I thought there was a lot to do. It was puzzling that people weren't in their rooms, it was mid-afternoon, and they were out doing things in the facility. I could tell the people were happy with the food. I think they had a chef, and I thought the food was probably very good.

August 27, 2019

By Kay

My mother moved in. They're very caring, it's a good program, and she's happy there. It's a small facility, but it's worked out really well for her. The room is quite small, but then most of the studio places are, and she doesn't seem to mind. She's happy with the food and the care. They do extra activities, and it's been a good experience. The staff is very nice and very caring.

October 31, 2018

By Yolanda

It was good, and the staff was really friendly. The place was clean, and the rooms were nice and large. The services seem to be good. They take them out on outings, and they have crafts. They have a dining room and shuttle residents to the doctors and grocery stores. I was overall pleased with it. It was a one-level facility with easy access in and out.

February 01, 2017

By Cheryl680845

It was a very welcoming facility with a very homey feeling. It smelled clean. The dining room was very nice, bright, and set up nicely. The living room was in the middle with the rooms all around. My father was only there for two weeks before he passed away.

January 31, 2016

By Happy Resident12

I am living here. It is wonderful. There are lots of activities. The food is good. It is clean and the associates are very polite.

July 28, 2015

By Felicia4

It was nice and refreshing. It was also very clean. In fact, I like it. The staff was very friendly and very nice. We met the office manager and the sales lady, and they walked us around. They were very detailed with the information. I love their rooms. They were very nice, neat and clean, and some of them were average for my brother. The dining room was like a little elegant restaurant. The staff talked about different things that they do. I know they were doing crafts and movie nights. Also security was good. What impressed me most was that the residents were more like they were at home and looked relaxed.

Memory Care Reviews for Americana Seniors of Davison

Questions about Americana Seniors of Davison

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Our Executive Director is a Certified Dementia Practioner and provides training to staff as needed.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Americana Seniors of Davison. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

75-25 male to female residents with ages ranging from 70-100. They enjoy crafting for local charities, morning exercise, playing bingo, getting manicures, and Wii games!

What programs or activities does Americana Seniors of Davison offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We have two staff members specializing in activities and offer 4-6 activities each and every day rotating through physical, emotional, purposeful, spiritual, social, and intellectual focuses.

What places are near Americana Seniors of Davison or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Downtown old Davison, 2 churches, High School sporting events, 6 local restaurants, and shopping

What transportation services does Americana Seniors of Davison offer to assisted living residents?

Community bus with lift for wheelchairs. Used for group activities, vs. individual outings. Trips to Bronner's, Tanger outlets, etc.

What makes the chef or dining program at Americana Seniors of Davison exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Chef Tiffany has been cooking her whole life! All of our recipes are heart-healthy, low to no sodium, senior-minded meals. Our residents have a menu chat with our Chef every Wednesday to talk about what worked and what didn’t so that our menu continues to improve each week!

What safety features or security measures does Americana Seniors of Davison offer to assisted living residents?

Each bedroom and bathroom has a pull cord and every resident has a call pendant to wear around their neck. Staff is available 24/7/365 to answer any pendant calls and make regular rounds. Scheduled assessments happen every 6 months or more frequently if there's a change in condition. We have motion sensor lights in the hallways and railings on both sides of all hallways. They're also wide enough for two to pass. Bathrooms have motion sensor lights, walk-in showers, and safety bars around the commode in the new-style apartments. Bathrooms have step-in showers, safety bars in the showers, safety bars around the commode in the original style apartments. Single floor, no steps, rectangle layout of community with all apartments on the outside with names and numbers for each apartment, ADA barrier-free community.

How does Americana Seniors of Davison keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Quarterly care conferences, and immediate contact if an incident occurs.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Americana Seniors of Davison during daytime and nighttime hours?

Staffing is based on acuity with a minimum of 2 associates at night and 3 during the day. As the needs of the residents increase, the staffing increases proportionately.

If Americana Seniors of Davison accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Animals are welcome at our community. We have a fenced-in back patio and our staff can assist with pet care.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

All staff complete state-required training upon hire and additional periodic training to keep up to date.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

What safety features or security measures does Americana Seniors of Davison provide to protect residents who wander?

Our community has maglocks on all exit doors to prevent casual wandering, so we're a fully secure community.

Our resident care supervisor is a Certified Nurse Aide and we do quarterly assessments and care conferences.

What techniques does Americana Seniors of Davison use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

The level of assistance depends upon the resident's capabilities, but our staff is available to sit with and encourage or assist with feeding.

Is Americana Seniors of Davison affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We work with both McLaren and Hurley hospitals.

Costs for Americana Seniors of Davison

Photos of Americana Seniors of Davison

Services and Amenities of Americana Seniors of Davison

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost : $1995

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: AL250402322/AL250402258

About Americana Seniors of Davison

Americana Seniors of Davison is a charming assisted living and memory care community. Our boutique community offers exceptional care in a home-like environment. We provide assistance with activities of daily living in an environment where safety is our top priority. Beautifully designed our community has attractive spaces that are both highly functional and safe. Residents enjoy both our bright and airy interior as well as our thoughtfully designed outdoor spaces.

At American Seniors, we strive to provide a living environment that promotes a sense of well-being and makes a positive difference in the lives of our residents. We strive to provide the highest quality of care to our residents and provide an environment that is engaging, comfortable, safe, and feels like home

• Private studio apartment
  • Utilities and high speed WiFi
  • 24-hour staffing and emergency call system
  • Private kitchenettes and bathrooms
  • Laundry
  • Nutritious, appetizing meals plus snacks
  • Licensed nurse available 24/7
  • Short-term stays and respite care available
  • Crafts, games and activities
  • On-site salon / barbershop
  • Daily instructor-led exercise programs
  • Transportation for appointments
  • Short-term stays and respite care available

We are located in a quiet, residential neighborhood and offer a vibrant, active lifestyle with daily social opportunities. Our community spaces were crafted to help draw everyone together and encourage the forging of new friendships.

Map of Americana Seniors of Davison