4 Memory Care Facilities in Cumberland County, NC

4 Memory Care Facilities in Cumberland County, NC

Harmony at Hope Mills

7051 Rockfish Road, Fayetteville, NC 28306
"I visited Harmony at Hope Mills. It was very clean, the people there were very friendly and I like the lady that I talked with. It's not that far from me to go and see my wife. I liked what they..." More

Fayetteville Manor

231 Treetop Drive, Fayetteville, NC 28311
"My father has been at Fayetteville Manor for about 9 months now. Since the day of the family walk through and almost daily visits by us we have TOTALLY satisfied and pleased with his care by the..." More

The A.R.C., The Alzheimer's Related C...

4124 Pecan Dr, Hope Mills, NC 28348
"I'm not too much in favor of The A.R.C. They let my husband fall, but the biggest problem was that they didn't call me. He fell at 10:00 p.m. and I didn't find out until 9:30 the next morning, and..." More

Eastover Gardens Special Care

3017 Dunn Road, Fayetteville, NC 28312
"The Eastover Gardens facility was originally opened in the ’50s as a motor court hotel servicing HWY 301, then the main north-south thoroughfare from Florida to Maine. Sometime in the ’60s the..." More

What to Consider About Memory Care in Cumberland County

The Alzheimer's Association estimates there are 170,000 people in North Carolina with Alzheimer's disease. The organization estimates this figure to grow to 210,000 by 2025, an increase of 23.5 percent.

In Cumberland County, NC, there are 332,546 people, 11.8 percent of whom are 65 or over, which is about 39,240 seniors. To accommodate those who require memory care, there are four memory care facilities — three are located in Fayetteville and one in Hope Mills. In Cumberland County, as in the rest of the state, memory care facilities are officially referred to as Special Care Units   (SCUs).

• Cumberland County has pleasant weather throughout much of the year. Summers tend to be on the hot side, as the average high in July is around 91 degrees, and seniors can cool off from the heat in memory care communities with plenty of air conditioning. The area also receives minimal snow in the winter, only 2 inches a year on average.
    • The cost of living in Cumberland County is very low, making it an affordable place for seniors and their families to live. On Sperling's cost of living index, which takes into account costs such as housing, food, utilities and other expenses, Cumberland County falls at 86.5, which is below North Carolina's average of 96 and the national average of 100.
    • Fayetteville, the largest city in Cumberland County, recently tied for first place in the American Lung Association's city rankings of the cleanest U.S. cities. Fayetteville tied for first for the cleanest metropolitan area in the country for ozone levels and for 24-hour particle pollution.
    • Taxes in North Carolina are generally affordable, since property taxes are low and sales tax is about average nationally. For seniors collecting retirement income, pensions, 401ks and IRAs are all taxed according to the state's income tax rate of 5.499 percent. Social Security income, however, is entirely tax exempt.

Paying for Memory Care in Cumberland County

$5,294.00 US
    $5,164.00 Johnston County
    $4,800.00 Duplin County
    $4,462.00 Cumberland County

Memory Care costs in Cumberland County start around $4,462 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of memory care is $5,294 per month.

It’s important to note that memory care rates in Cumberland County and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.

Financial Assistance for Memory Care in Cumberland County

Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Memory Care in North Carolina page.

More Ways to Pay for Memory Care

While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for memory care, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance memory care costs include:

• Veterans Benefits
    • Life Insurance Policy
    • Long-Term Care Insurance
    • Reverse Mortgage

For more information about different ways to finance memory care, visit our Memory Care in North Carolina page.

Free Memory Care Resources in Cumberland County

Cumberland County and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in a memory care community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.

To see a list of free memory care resources in Cumberland County, please visit our Memory Care in North Carolina page.

Directory of Winners in the Cumberland County Area

Memory Care Laws and Regulations in Cumberland County

Cumberland County-area memory care communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all memory care communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Memory Care in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.