Orchard Valley at Wilbraham

Orchard Valley at Wilbraham (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Orchard Valley at Wilbraham

Assisted Living Reviews for Orchard Valley at Wilbraham

May 22, 2015

I visited Orchard Valley, and I liked it very much. If my mom would have gone into assisted living, I would have probably placed her there. They have a very clean facility, and it was well staffed. They have a nice outdoor garden area which I thought would be very helpful for my mother who likes to be outdoors. They have a variety of activities, everything from trips to all sorts of stuffs. The dining area was setup nice and clean. I don't know how good the food was, but it seemed like they have an adequate facility. The security was very good. You can't get in because there were alarm,s and there were doors that would go off if the alarm was tripped. The rooms and apartments were clean and spacious. I didn't smell anything foul over there. In some places you go, it smelled foul like urine, but I did not smell that there which is good.

Thank you so much for sharing. Individualized care is one of our hallmarks as we strive to meet the distinct needs of each resident. Please feel free to contact the Executive Director (413-596-0006) if we can ever be of service to you and your family.

June 30, 2014

By Pam27

Orchard Valley at Wilbraham is very, very nice. My mother has got her own room, her own furniture; it is beautiful. They are excellent. They actually bring her coffee in the morning, sometimes twice. She keeps her door open, so that the kids walking around all the time go in to check on her. I know she visited a friend for a week; she went off her meds, so she wasn't feeling very well; I called the front desk and I said, "Would you keep an eye on Helen?" And, they said, "Oh yeah!" So, I called my mom and she said, "Yeah I know, they have already been up here fifteen times", so I knew that they were checking on her. When I call and can't get a hold of my mom, they'll go and find her, and tell her to call me. She eats what she wants, and if she doesn't feel like going down, she won't go. She plays Bingo and if she doesn't go, they'll come and get her; they'll make sure she gets down there. They take them shopping; they take them to the grocery store; they take them to their doctor's visits on Tuesdays and Thursdays; she has her three meals a day and, like I said, the kids bring her coffee every morning and because she doesn't want to go down for breakfast. She makes her own little things in her own little kitchen. The way it is set up is actually gorgeous inside and out.

November 19, 2012

By mariss3

I went here to visit my great grandmother. She seems to really enjoy living here, compared to the last living assisted home she was in. She has met many people and is always in a great mood when I visit. From what I saw, the people treated her very well and she seemed to like a lot of the workers there too. At first, we were very wary of transferring our great grandmother to another home. She had a bad experience over at another home, and we were afraid that she would have a bad experience here. We checked out a few different homes, and this one seemed to be a perfect fit for her. She has had trouble with her hip and diabetes the workers take great care of her there. They seem to actually care about her well being, unlike at other homes. She is really happy there and our family is grateful for a assisted living facility like Orchard Valley at Wilbraham.

October 29, 2012

By SallySaysSo

I visited this facility last fall. My aunt seemed to be very happy there. The workers were very friendly to me and my other family members that were visiting. I'm not sure how financially beneficial it is, as I never looked into it, but my aunt was very happy there. However, I did find my aunt's room to be a little bare. What I liked best about it was how kind the workers were.

September 29, 2012

By Grandson1989

The staff is very quick to respond, kind and gentle with my grandfather. Although some of the patients can be violent, they are usually very good with handling the seniors with care. The amenities are pretty good, the food is decent enough for the price we pay to keep our grandfather there. The facilities are very easy to reach and find, and has plentiful parking. We never have a problem (even during the holidays) visiting our grandfather and taking food to him. Although there are some cleaniness issues, if complained about, they are promptly taken care of. Overall the facilities are a decent choice for the budget we have.

Thank you very much for your kind words. Statements such as yours mean everything to us as we take great pride in the trust families place in us. We love what we do and are extremely proud of our team and of their dedication to the individual needs of every resident.

As with any community that deals with Alzheimer's/dementia residents, there will occasionally be outbursts. Our memory care programs are designed exclusively to serve the needs of individuals with memory loss. Our goal, in everything we do, is to create an environment that feels safe and familiar, empowering and fulfilling. We pride ourselves on our experience and skills to deal with the myriad complexities of this debilitating disease.

Thanks again for your thoughtful review. Caring for seniors is not just our purpose, it's our passion.

September 09, 2012

By EpicEric

I feel that it is overly priced, it smells like urine in a few of the halls, you pay for extra service and they do not provide it and most of all they will tell you whatever you want to hear to get you to sign the lease. For the money spent you are better off to have 24 hour live in care.

We are very sorry for the experiences you've had at Orchard Valley at Wilbraham. Your opinion, as well as the quality of care the residents receive, is extremely important to us. Although we employ the strictest standards of sanitation and have individualized programs geared toward managing resident continence, occasionally an assisted living community is going to experience an accident or two. Smell, as well as sight, sound, and taste are all important factors when delivering quality care. Please bring any concerns immediately and directly to the Executive Director so that they may be addressed.

In addition to the five senses, we also feel that our Programming (which includes social, spiritual, purposeful, and intellectual activities) is extremely vital to the overall well-being of our residents; something that homecare does not provide.

Again, we are sorry for any negative experiences you had. Please come back and visit us again, as we strive to make improvements a part of our daily commitment to the residents.

February 16, 2012

By Katherina

This facility is conveniently located on a state highway, but set far back from the road so it is not noisy or dangerous. Rooms are not spectacular, but neat and attractive. The common room looks like a country kitchen, with a big table around which residents and guests can sit and visit or play cards. On the counter there's always a pot of coffee and a plate of pastries...very homey. The dining room looks like an elegant restaurant, with service to match. Substitutions are cheerfully given, and there are a few staples not on the menu but always available for fussy patrons (like a hamburger or a peanut butter sandwich). Staff are quite friendly. Some of the waiters are young men and very cheerful and sweet to the residents. My aunt found the layout a bit confusing--the emergency exit was right next to her door, and after setting off the alarm a few times, she had to be transferred to the Alzheimer's unit. I found the staff there extremely patient. Dining was as nice as it could be made. The only problem I ever encountered was one evening when all the staff members were nowhere to be found (they were in individual residents' rooms, I imagine). The exit has a passcode and I didn't know it. I thought I was going to be trapped in there all night. Eventually someone appeared and helped me though.

January 20, 2012

By Molly3

Lobby and Hallways have a warm,homelike atmosphere but individual apartments need updating. Drab walls and thin colorless carpeting as well as cheap looking cabinetry in the living area make it appear uncared for. The Bathroom does not have the high seat toilets that many need. Grounds are attractive, but residents with mobility problems have limited use could use a covered porch that is accessable. Staff is warm and caring and the overall feeling is friendly. More activities could be provided. Overall it is an outdated aging facility that needs updating and the cost is high for the services covered.

October 20, 2011

By SusanL

My mother is currently residing in this facility. She seems to be very happy there and has made many friends. The workers, from the manager right down to the maintenance man seem to be sincerely concerned with the residents' well-being. The residents are greeted by name and encouraged to participate in the activities that range from Bingo and in-house movies to field trips to plays, parks and shopping. While my mother's memory is such that she can't remember what she ate for her meal, even as she's walking out of the lovely dining room, she is able to tell me that the meal was pleasurable. She says, "The food's always good". There are always options for the residents to choose from for meals. If the 2 main options (which are available for them to view on their way into the dining room) aren't to there liking, there is a menu of "always available" items, such as sandwiches, chicken, pasta, etc.The decor is lovely, with nice homey touches in the common rooms, and very nice well-cared-for grounds.

Memory Care Reviews for Orchard Valley at Wilbraham

Questions about Orchard Valley at Wilbraham

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Orchard Valley at Wilbraham. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

At Orchard Valley, residents come first, surrounded by a team of professionals focused on treating everyone with dignity and respect. Residents enjoy shaded outdoor courtyards and numerous indoor common spaces with a full calendar for exploration and engagement.

What programs or activities does Orchard Valley at Wilbraham offer to enrich residents' well-being?

No matter what level of care, every Benchmark resident at Orchard Valley enjoys all the things that make life good—convenient comforts, great food, and a thriving social community full of activities. - Benchmark Strong works to improve balance, posture and alignment - Therapeutic indoor and outdoor gardening - Religious services - Brain in Play to help prevent and treat neurodegenerative diseases - Resident Councils that empower residents - Book discussion groups - Men’s and women’s groups

What transportation services does Orchard Valley at Wilbraham offer to assisted living residents?

Help with the little things so our residents have the time to indulge in their interests. - Assistance with scheduling transportation, appointments and more - Scheduled local transportation to events, shopping and appointments

What makes the chef or dining program at Orchard Valley at Wilbraham exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Experience delicious, seasonal dishes artfully prepared and served all day Our menus offer resident favorites as well as tantalizing specials, such as Osso Bucco or lobster, with many showcasing ingredients from our resident-tended herb and vegetable gardens. Cooking demonstrations and classes, social hour, guest chefs and other programs further extend the dining experience.

What safety features or security measures does Orchard Valley at Wilbraham offer to assisted living residents?

The support, security and good times seniors want to make the most of their next chapter. Personalized help with things like managing medication and supportive wellness services are given with love, while individual passions and connections are nurtured with many activities and amenities. Benchmark offers several levels of care within our communities. We provide a personalized care plan tailored to the needs of each resident, so they remain empowered as they age.

Costs for Orchard Valley at Wilbraham

• Staff Patient Ratio: Variable Staffing Based On On Acuity
  • Minimum Age: None

• Licenses: MA EOEA licensed

About Orchard Valley at Wilbraham

Orchard Valley at Wilbraham in Wilbraham, MA is a 66-apartment assisted living community offering both traditional assisted living and The Harbor Program, a specialized program for the memory impaired.

Surrounded by trees in a perfectly inviting setting, Orchard Valley at Wilbraham blends the best of assisted living with a small town atmosphere in Wilbraham, Massachusetts. Known for its working farms and annual peach festival, Wilbraham's qualities make for close family ties, fond memories and lasting traditions.

Just a short drive from Main Street, Orchard Valley has become a vital part of this community. With its thoughtfully designed apartments and carefully chosen amenities, Orchard Valley succeeds in providing a comfortable, familiar feeling of home in a charming and spirited environment. Welcome to Orchard Valley at Wilbraham!

Transportation to Sunday church services.

Map of Orchard Valley at Wilbraham