Brightwood Center

Reviews of Brightwood Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Brightwood Center

May 15, 2017

By schnanc

Came from the hospital here to work on PT for my new knee. Ignored for hours when needing help getting dressed or undressed. Changing bed linens was an issue, staff didn't know anything about my case or needs. Only bright spot was the PT. One hour session in 3 days here. I would have been better off at home. Hospital suggested this place for rehab and it's horrible. I wouldn't refommend it to anyone.

February 06, 2017

By CSutherland

Powerback is a wonderful place for rehabilitation. The therapy is tough but it got my friend back to being able to work and live her life like before the accident.

January 30, 2016

By Arlene15

Powerback is an excellent rehab, and my sister is there. They had got her really moving. However, when she went to the hospital for surgery, her surgeon and her physician didn’t want her going back to Powerback because they weren’t happy with the nursing care. She developed pressure sores while she was there which should never happen. But the place is very nice, the people were friendly and she got along fine with everybody. There were good size rooms and I don’t recall her complaining about the food. The nurse to patients seemed OK. The rehab was excellent.

September 20, 2015

By Angry Child

My dad stayed here during the month of July 2015. The service or lack there of was horrible. My dad fell 3 times while staying there which later resulted in him being hospitalized in an intensive care unit. Although, the staff knew that he was a frequent faller, he was often left alone and was forced to wait a longtime to receive assistance. We informed the head nurse that her staff was sleeping while on duty but instead of opening an investigation on our allegations, she came up with excuses. The physical therapists and social workers were professional but the building smelled like urine and the staff were lazy. We will never send another family member or friend here.

July 21, 2015

By pncgrant

STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE! My father was in here for 3 weeks and it was a nightmare. We chose it because of good reviews and on-site tour. Once he was in, it was a different story. We were given false information on the site tour (example, in-bed TV speakers for privacy...never existed). His roommates were senile if not mentally ill. One tried to get into bed with him, and other literally peed on my dad's stuff! Staff forgot on at least one occasion to bring him a meal. Nurse alarms were never turned off and rang all night. Constant moaning/screaming from other patients left in the hall. We begged, pleaded and threatened the staff but they just got defensive and refused to make the situation right.

May 26, 2015

By Mary Ann Terry

I just completed 18 days of rehabilitation at Powerback. I was well taken care of and felt that the staff really cared about my progress. The communication among shifts was good. The property allowed for common areas, including a lovely outdoor gazebo, to go to instead of your room. The food was decent, especially good were the soups. Again, eating in the Cafe was a nice change. PTs and OTs really worked on preparing me for the steps at home.

March 17, 2015

By disapointments

This place is not a place you would want your loved ones to come to. My mother is in this place right now and has been for a few hours. The bathroom is dirty and the nurses are slow. I had to call up there and get them to give her some pain medicine. It took them two hours to get her some medication. I spoke with the floor manager when she tried to rush me off the phone.

May 25, 2014

By ank007

This place is awful. My father has been here for about two weeks now, and I can't wait for him to get strong enough to come back home. This is the worst health care facility that I have ever seen. The nurses are extremely slow and have no sense of urgency. When a call is placed for a nurse to come to my father's room, it can easily take over half an hour for someone to come. Medicines and other things do not come in a timely manner. As far as care goes, the majority of nurses do the bare minimum. The trash will stay in the room for a very long time and the room is not kept sanitary. Therapists seem to be pretty good, however. Overall, this facility is terrible and I urge everyone to find another rehab center that is more sanitary and staffed with nurses that are more professional, kind, and attentive.

April 30, 2013

By Cez

I've been to Powerback Rehabilitation before. I like the way they treat the patients. The staff was nice and very good. They make the residents feel more comfortable. They're very accommodating. The food is good. If you don't like what's on the menu for that particular day, they have another menu where you can choose from.

June 22, 2012

By kkmkendri

Powerback Genesis is an excellent care facility. they gave my mother her power back

May 18, 2012

By Sukiecan

Overall Brightwood Center seemed very professional all the way from the very beginning when me and my cousin were visiting Assisted-Living facilities to make a decision where my uncle would be best comfortable in. The facility itself is very clean and well managed. There are different designated areas for the patients to accommodate both their social needs and their physical needs such as hygiene. There are plenty of nurses and essential physicians around and other workers to assist the patients in what ever they need Each patient is assigned three personnel to ensure their well being and safety during their stay at this center . Everyone seemed very friendly and understanding and their services were very productive and helpful with my uncle's fight against the damage due to his stroke. Also these services were very helpful and accelerated my uncle's recovery greatly. Although sometimes there were scheduling conflicts with some of the therapies my uncle was to receive, overall the it is great place for people that require assisted-living.

About Brightwood Center

Brightwood Center is a senior living provider in Lutherville, Maryland that offers residents Nursing Homes and Nursing Homes. Contact Brightwood Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Brightwood Center