Corridor Crossing Place

Corridor Crossing Place (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Corridor Crossing Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Corridor Crossing Place

June 28, 2015

Emeritus at Silver Pines was good. The director showed me around. It smelled clean. It looked like an older building. They showed me one apartment that was available. It seemed a little bit small, but it seemed wide enough to accommodate my parents. The staff was friendly. It looked like the residents were well taken care of.

January 24, 2015

We visited Emeritus at Silver Pines for my mom. The overall experience was good. The second visit was better. The second time around, the staff was better. They were nice, polite, and accommodating. The facility was clean, and there were no odors. It was a nice place. It had a nice dining area. The only thing that I really didn't like about it was the size of the rooms. The rooms were too small; they were more like nursing homes. We didn't like those. That type of atmosphere to me would have been depressing because you're in such a small area.

August 27, 2014

By Donna93134950

We just like Silver Pines (Emeritus at Silver Pines). I like this facility because it is all on one floor. The minute we walked in the door, it felt like home, it felt welcoming. Everybody was very nice and pleasant. The other residents would at least say hello. Some of the places we visited, they didn't even recognize that you were there. We went in at meal time and everyone was talking to each other, laughing and seemed to be enjoying themselves. We were happy with the way the residents interacted with each other. The staff was friendly, very pleasant and willing to help us with any questions we have. We have eaten there and we have seen the menu. Our meal was very good. They have bingo three to four times a week. They have a chat group where you can join to discuss things like current events. They have an activity room for residents. They take groups out in a mini bus -- sometimes they go out to eat, to the Dairy Queen, go for a ride, shopping or to doctor's appointments. I would definitely recommend this facility to others. The only thing that's going to be different for me is that there is no kitchenette and no full bathroom in the room, so I'm going to have to get used to not cooking and going to a shower, but that's OK. It will be fine. I'll get used to it.

August 04, 2014

Emeritus at Silver Pines was really nice. The staff was very good. She called us a couple of times and she was very thorough and clear about what they can do for us.

March 20, 2014

By Cindy40

The rooms at Emeritus Silver Pines were really outdated. It didn't smell really good when we walked into the building. Those were the kind of things that turned us off. The staff seemed all nice. They had a nice, big open recreation area. The dining room looked clean.

November 08, 2012

By Mtreece

My grandmother-in-law was at this facility for just a short time. She quickly ran out of money and is now staying with my mother and father-in-law. In that time I wasn't overjoyed by the facility. The rooms were smaller than my bedroom. She said it was so small she could not make it feel like her own home. There just was not room for any of her knick knacks and pictures. The common areas were very nice, though, as well as the employees. The people there were kind and helpful. My "Mema", as we call her was staying there for more reasons than the typical resident there is I would think. And the staff was very good with helping take care of her special needs. There are not many options in this area for assisted living residencies. I am not sure what the others are like. So for the staff I would recommend Silver Pines. But if you are claustrophobic and need your space this may not be the place for you.

Questions about Corridor Crossing Place

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Corridor Crossing Place. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Corridor Crossing Place is a community that accepts those of all senior adult age levels, currently our youngest is 56, and our eldest is 98.

What programs or activities does Corridor Crossing Place offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Corridor Crossing Place prizes itself in providing tailored activities to their residents. We include a minimum of six activities a day - which include exercise, live entertainment, crafts, external field trips, games, clubs, and more!

What places are near Corridor Crossing Place or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Corridor Crossing Place is right next to Interstate 380/80, which is close to shopping, restaurants, grocery shopping as well as easy access to hospitals and clinics.

What transportation services does Corridor Crossing Place offer to assisted living residents?

Corridor Crossing Place provides transportation (within a 30 mile radius) to and from doctors appointments and family visits; which is included in the residents rent and board.

What makes the chef or dining program at Corridor Crossing Place exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Corridor Crossing Place prizes itself in homemade meals here on site made by our fully educated and certified chefs and pasty chef. We offer multiple choices for all meals, as well as the Anytime Menu that provides additional options for those who prefer something different than what is on the menu. Corridor Crossing Place is able to accommodate most dietary needs.

What safety features or security measures does Corridor Crossing Place offer to assisted living residents?

How does Corridor Crossing Place keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Corridor Crossing Place communicates with its families directly via phone, email, and monthly meetings with the Director and Director of Nursing.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Corridor Crossing Place during daytime and nighttime hours?

Corridor Crossing Place provides staff 24/7/365, and follows the ratios given by the State of Iowa at minimum.

If Corridor Crossing Place accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Corridor Crossing Place welcomes furry friends! The pet must be pre-approved, fully vaccinated and obtain DHS approval. Please inquire for more detail!

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Corridor Crossing Place actively provides continuing education for all staff in all departments. Our staff is specially trained in Dementia, Alzheimer's, and increasing care needs.

What safety features or security measures does Corridor Crossing Place provide to protect residents who wander?

Corridor Crossing Place is a fully secured facility that also includes a double secured unit for those with moderate to severe Dementia or Alzheimer's. Our community is staffed 24/7/365 to ensure our residents are safe and cared for. For those with higher levels of Dementia or Alzheimer's, wander guard protection is also utilized to prevent elopement.

Costs for Corridor Crossing Place

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About Corridor Crossing Place

Located in a peaceful residential neighborhood just off Highway 380, Corridor Crossing Place is only minutes from St. Luke’s Hospital, Mercy Medical Center, and area shopping and dining.

Enjoy your private apartment and let us take care of housekeeping, cooking, & laundry!

Corridor Crossing Place offers a homelike setting with plenty of activities to keep all residents at all cognitive levels engaged in areas that interest them. Offering all-inclusive rates!

Enclosed courtyard, Fully furnished rooms, Short term transition/Respite care, All inclusive rates and more!

Map of Corridor Crossing Place