Corridor Crossing Place

136 36th Ave. Southwest, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
Corridor Crossing Place (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 35 days

Move into our Memory Care Gardens (pending nurse assessment) on or before December 31st, 2020, and receive $500 off of your monthly rent for an entire year!

Reviews of Corridor Crossing Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Corridor Crossing Place

October 30, 2015

Brookdale was clean and neat. I like what I saw. The people were very nice, friendly, and cordial. I like the idea that if you run out of money, they will keep you until the end. The food was very good.

June 30, 2015

Brookdale Cedar Rapids (Emeritus at Silver Pines) had friendly staff and casual atmosphere. The rooms were small, but they were clean.

June 28, 2015

Emeritus at Silver Pines was good. The director showed me around. It smelled clean. It looked like an older building. They showed me one apartment that was available. It seemed a little bit small, but it seemed wide enough to accommodate my parents. The staff was friendly. It looked like the residents were well taken care of.

January 24, 2015

We visited Emeritus at Silver Pines for my mom. The overall experience was good. The second visit was better. The second time around, the staff was better. They were nice, polite, and accommodating. The facility was clean, and there were no odors. It was a nice place. It had a nice dining area. The only thing that I really didn't like about it was the size of the rooms. The rooms were too small; they were more like nursing homes. We didn't like those. That type of atmosphere to me would have been depressing because you're in such a small area.

August 27, 2014

By Donna93134950

We just like Silver Pines (Emeritus at Silver Pines). I like this facility because it is all on one floor. The minute we walked in the door, it felt like home, it felt welcoming. Everybody was very nice and pleasant. The other residents would at least say hello. Some of the places we visited, they didn't even recognize that you were there. We went in at meal time and everyone was talking to each other, laughing and seemed to be enjoying themselves. We were happy with the way the residents interacted with each other. The staff was friendly, very pleasant and willing to help us with any questions we have. We have eaten there and we have seen the menu. Our meal was very good. They have bingo three to four times a week. They have a chat group where you can join to discuss things like current events. They have an activity room for residents. They take groups out in a mini bus -- sometimes they go out to eat, to the Dairy Queen, go for a ride, shopping or to doctor's appointments. I would definitely recommend this facility to others. The only thing that's going to be different for me is that there is no kitchenette and no full bathroom in the room, so I'm going to have to get used to not cooking and going to a shower, but that's OK. It will be fine. I'll get used to it.

August 04, 2014

Emeritus at Silver Pines was really nice. The staff was very good. She called us a couple of times and she was very thorough and clear about what they can do for us.

March 20, 2014

By Cindy40

The rooms at Emeritus Silver Pines were really outdated. It didn't smell really good when we walked into the building. Those were the kind of things that turned us off. The staff seemed all nice. They had a nice, big open recreation area. The dining room looked clean.

November 08, 2012

By Mtreece

My grandmother-in-law was at this facility for just a short time. She quickly ran out of money and is now staying with my mother and father-in-law. In that time I wasn't overjoyed by the facility. The rooms were smaller than my bedroom. She said it was so small she could not make it feel like her own home. There just was not room for any of her knick knacks and pictures. The common areas were very nice, though, as well as the employees. The people there were kind and helpful. My "Mema", as we call her was staying there for more reasons than the typical resident there is I would think. And the staff was very good with helping take care of her special needs. There are not many options in this area for assisted living residencies. I am not sure what the others are like. So for the staff I would recommend Silver Pines. But if you are claustrophobic and need your space this may not be the place for you.

Memory Care Reviews for Corridor Crossing Place

Questions about Corridor Crossing Place

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Corridor Crossing Place actively provides continuing education for all staff in every department. Our team is specially trained in the needs and behaviors associated with Dementia, Alzheimer's, and increasing care.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Corridor Crossing Place. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Corridor Crossing Place is a community that accepts all senior-aged adults, with the average age falling around 77 years old. Our residents enjoy a variety of life enrichment activities every day, but everyone's favorite has to be the competitive BINGO.

What programs or activities does Corridor Crossing Place offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Corridor Crossing Place is proud to provide tailored activities for our residents that are designed to help maintain and improve varying levels of cognition and memory loss. A minimum of six activities are scheduled each day, and range from Live2B Healthy wellness events, to BINGO and Bendominos, to MusicSpeaks therapy.

What places are near Corridor Crossing Place or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Corridor Crossing Place is just off Interstate 380, giving us easy access to shopping, restaurants, grocery stores, and local hospitals and clinics.

What transportation services does Corridor Crossing Place offer to assisted living residents?

Corridor Crossing Place provides complimentary scheduled transportation within Cedar Rapids to and from physician appointments and family visits. Our staff will also assist with coordinating outside transportation as needed.

What makes the chef or dining program at Corridor Crossing Place exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Corridor Crossing Place offers three home-cooked meals every day, plus snacks, made by our fully educated and certified culinary team. In addition to daily lunch and dinner specials, residents can order from our Anytime Menu to enjoy favorites like cheeseburgers, chicken sandwiches, and more. Corridor Crossing Place is able to accommodate most dietary needs.

What safety features or security measures does Corridor Crossing Place offer to assisted living residents?

Corridor Crossing Place is a fully-secured community, with all doors in and out of the building requiring an access code. The Gardens, reserved for our higher levels of memory care, have an additional set of secured doors to restrict wandering and eliminate the risk of elopement. Our community is staffed 24/7/365 to ensure our residents are safe and cared for.

How does Corridor Crossing Place keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Corridor Crossing Place communicates with its families directly and frequently via phone, email, text, and monthly meetings with the Nurse Manager.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

What safety features or security measures does Corridor Crossing Place provide to protect residents who wander?

Corridor Crossing Place is a fully-secured community, with all doors in and out of the building requiring an access code. The Gardens, reserved for our higher levels of memory care, have an additional set of secured doors and wander guards to eliminate the risk of elopement.

What programs or activities does Corridor Crossing Place offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Corridor Crossing Place offers a variety of daily activities for residents at all levels of memory care. Whether it be arts and crafts or word association games, our Life Enrichment Coordinator finds unique ways of engaging our residents. As a Senior Housing Companies managed community, Corridor Crossing Place also participates in MusicSpeaks therapy. Music therapists are board certified and are trained to use live music to adapt to changing situations in both 1-on-1 and group sessions.

Corridor Crossing Place's Health Care Coordinator assesses all residents prior to move-in, and again at regularly scheduled intervals. The Health Care Coordinator reviews nursing notes from the care staff daily, and stays in constant communication with families and physicians to ensure everyone involved is informed and in agreement.

How does Corridor Crossing Place keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Costs for Corridor Crossing Place

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About Corridor Crossing Place

Located in a peaceful residential neighborhood just off Highway 380, Corridor Crossing Place is only minutes from St. Luke’s Hospital, Mercy Medical Center, and area shopping and dining.

Enjoy your private apartment and let us take care of housekeeping, cooking, & laundry!

Corridor Crossing Place offers a homelike setting with plenty of activities to keep all residents at all cognitive levels engaged in areas that interest them. Offering all-inclusive rates!

Enclosed courtyard, Fully furnished rooms, Short term transition/Respite care, All inclusive rates and more!

Map of Corridor Crossing Place