Cedarhurst of Bloomington

Reviews of Cedarhurst of Bloomington

Memory Care Reviews for Cedarhurst of Bloomington

February 13, 2016

By Not for you

Very poor facility for residents with Dementia. The residents are not monitored or encouraged to participate in activities because there are no cognitive opportunities provided for residents here. The residents supervise themselves while the staff is busy doing who knows what. I was there today for 30 minutes and never saw 1 staff person with the residents. The only person I saw "working" was the girl sitting in the front lobby who unlocks the entry door. I could have walked out with any resident and no one would have known. I'm looking for another facility now. I would never recommend this facility.

November 21, 2015

By Steve97621250

Autumn Hills Alzheimer's Special Care Center has several floors and a fancy dining area. It’s kind of built into the hills. They have a few private rooms and a lot of semi-private, but we didn’t want to go that route. The woman who took us on a tour was friendly and knowledgeable. I don't have any complaints about them.

March 11, 2015

By Mom's caretaker

Very unprofessional, uncaring establishment. I had an appt with the social worker to fill out paper work for respite care. I showed up and the social worker was a no show. Instead, the receptionist talked to me to say she was there to help me instead but she didn't really know what the social worker and I spoke about and the reason of my visit. She said, "you just want resources" when the reason for my visit was to fill out paperwork. I already have all the literature from a previous visit. After I left, I called the receptionist to tell her that just blowing off an appt with a client is not acceptable, specially since they are in the business of caring and dealing with people under a lot of stress. My voice was stressed and I was upset but I wasn't screaming. She said, I can't scream at her or she'll hang up the phone, then before I can respond she hang up the phone. Where's the compassion and the professionalism that one should expect from an institution like this? I can just imagine how they treat patients staying there who have dementia and can't speak for themselves. One would think that they would treat the family decently at least until the patient is in so one if left to wonder how bad they get after that.
See all Memory Care reviews (7) See fewer reviews

Questions about Cedarhurst of Bloomington

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Certified Dementia Practitioner, monthly training for staff during inservices

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Direct care staff includes two nurses and four certified nursing assistants.

What programs or activities does Cedarhurst of Bloomington offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Visit our website to view our active calendar of events for residents.

Our Director of Health Care Services assesses and reassesses residents when they are moving in and every 90 days for their care plan.

What techniques does Cedarhurst of Bloomington use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

We have two dining rooms. One is for residents who are able to converse and enjoy the meal with each other. The other is for residents who are in the later stages of dementia and need cueing and assistance with eating. We also use warm, damp towels infused with essential oils to wipe residents hand with prior to meals to calm them and insure a pleasant dining experience.

How does Cedarhurst of Bloomington keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

We communicate with families when there are changes in their loved ones care. We also schedule care plan meetings quarterly and if there has been a significant change in health.

Describe the neighborhood around Cedarhurst of Bloomington. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are located in a residential setting on the eastside of Bloomington, Indiana, the home of Indiana University.

Is Cedarhurst of Bloomington affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Residents and their families may choose the hospital they use. Autumn Hills Alzheimer's Special Care Center is not affiliated with a particular hospital.

Costs for Cedarhurst of Bloomington

Photos of Cedarhurst of Bloomington

Services and Amenities of Cedarhurst of Bloomington

• Companion Suites: We Offer Companion Suites, Premium Suites And Private Suites

• Staff Patient Ratio: 7:1
  • Pets: No Pets Allowed

• Licenses: Residential Care License

About Cedarhurst of Bloomington

At Cedarhurst of Bloomington, we provide truly person-directed care, working hard to know each resident as an individual and providing them with care that’s as unique as they are. Our experienced and dedicated staff, first-rate amenities, beautiful environment and welcoming, supportive atmosphere make Cedarhurst a secure, enriching place to live. As a Memory Care community, we not only take care of each resident’s needs, we provide important resources to help with memory. Only Cedarhurst cares for the memory of each resident with inclusive, custom-tailored programming versus traditional Memory Care. A physician or nurse practitioner sees our residents every week and gets to know them personally. Our staff is specially trained by a Certified Dementia Practitioner and takes continuing education modules focused on dementia – just another way we’re combining individual attention with the latest in expert care. With exceptional staff, amenities, comfort and care, you can rest assured that Cedarhurst of Bloomington will provide all life’s necessities, and more.

Map of Cedarhurst of Bloomington