The Radcliff Wood Dale, IL

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

276 East Irving Park Road, Wood Dale, IL 60191
The Radcliff (800) 385-2527

Reviews of The Radcliff

Assisted Living Reviews for The Radcliff

September 11, 2019

By Maretta

I am writing today to tell you about an amazing experience I had recently at The Radcliff. I learned my parents had recently moved into your facility so I traveled from Orlando where I live, to see first-hand your facility and assess the quality of care my parents are receiving. I was not only pleasantly surprised but absolutely blown away by your staff and your facility. Upon learning of my visit, your staff graciously arranged for me to stay in one of your unoccupied suites as well as dine with my parents for the duration of my stay. I think this was outstanding and an excellent way for a family member to see first-hand how their loved ones are getting along. This great perk allowed me to gain an awesome understanding of my parents’ lives at the Radcliff. During my week-long stay, I was able to observe your facility operations and staff interaction in detail and I must say I was unbelievably impressed with how friendly and caring your staff was and how smoothly things were run. Every single staff member from the waitresses in the restaurant to the nurses and caregivers to the front desk staff went out of their way to make the residents feel comfortable and secure. On several occasions during my stay I observed the care-givers go out of their way when my parents and other residents needed extra help with daily living. This enabled my Mom and Dad to relax and feel secure knowing your caring staff was available for them at all times. My mom keeps a calendar but on several occasions a staff member came to her residence and reminded her of an upcoming event and even walked her to the event even though the was able to make it on her own. This is just one example of the above and beyond care that your staff provides. Your dining staff catered to the precise needs of all the seniors, the food was excellent and it was clearly evident that you provide first-rate dining culture. I was also pleased with the beautifully designed luxury accommodations and cozy residences. There is real-time communication between staff and families, with event calendars and internal resident communication. I want to express my sincere appreciation for everything you and your staff do at the Radcliff. I can now rest easy with the knowledge that my parents are well cared for and happy in their new home.

March 24, 2019

By NP

Randall Residence of Wood Dale was wonderful. They had a very nice dining room. The food was great. They didn't have two-bedrooms, which is what we are looking for. They only showed a couple of different styles of one-bedroom apartments. Randall Residence of Wood Dale is brand new, very modern, very bright, and very gracious. It is lovely to be there; however, the location is not good at all in the middle of a very busy urban area. Nevertheless, the place is very appealing. They had a nice theater and facilities. The staff members were lovely, too.

Memory Care Reviews for The Radcliff

Questions about The Radcliff

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Our staff participates in continuing education courses year round as we like to keep them in the know!

What programs or activities does The Radcliff offer to enrich residents' well-being?

The Radcliff offers a wide variety of programming that is suited to our residents' interests. We have entertainers come in regularly and have happy hour in our pub for residents and families to enjoy.

What places are near The Radcliff or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

The Radcliff is centrally located to restaurants and the city of Wood Dale boasts lush forest preserves and walking paths.

What transportation services does The Radcliff offer to assisted living residents?

Our residents are provided transportation upon request.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Radcliff exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our dining program is thoughtfully prepared and is a restaurant-style dining experience. Our residents enjoy a variety of meal options. Our staff was trained by a 5-star executive chef and the residents are very happy with their experience.

What safety features or security measures does The Radcliff offer to assisted living residents?

Our residents wear safety pendants.

How does The Radcliff keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We pride ourselves on exceptional care and treating each resident and the member of their family as our own. Communication happens in many forms and is tailored to each families preferences.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at The Radcliff during daytime and nighttime hours?

We are Overstaffed with Caregivers as we believe it is important to provide resident-centered quality care.

If The Radcliff accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We do accept our residents furry family! There are nearby neighborhoods and forest preserve paths as well as the Wood Dale dog park to exercise these beloved family members.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our staff participates in continuing education courses year-round as we like to keep them in the know!

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

There are a variety of restaurants and stores nearby for our residents to enjoy independently and collectively!

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at The Radcliff has organized?

We offer a wide variety of trips ranging from fine dining to ball games. We have also taken the residents on fishing trips. Got an idea of something you want to do, Just ask and we will do our very best to make it happen!

What transportation services does The Radcliff offer to independent living residents?

Transportation is available upon request. We are also very close to the train station and airport making it easy for our independent residents to seek adventure on their own.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Radcliff exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

We have many gathering spaces and fire places, as well as a cafe, a pub, a theatre and a game room and activity room. We also have a salon/ Barbershop for our residents to enjoy

What safety features or security measures does The Radcliff offer to independent living residents?

Our IL residents are offered safety pendants and we check in with independent residents daily

If The Radcliff accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We do except our residents furry family! There are nearby neighborhoods and forest preserve paths as well as the Wood Dale dog park to exercise these beloved family members.

Does The Radcliff work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We have caring nursing staff on site and visiting Dr.'s to look in on residents who are feeling under the weather.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

What safety features or security measures does The Radcliff provide to protect residents who wander?

We have a secured memory floor and our staff is trained to redirect and calm the minds of our more confused residents.

What programs or activities does The Radcliff offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

We have engaging memory care programming throughout the day/ evening to keep our residents' minds active. We believe in companionship and kindness and want to preserve our residents' abilities as long as possible

Our nursing staff provides assessments as needed and keeps in contact with the family of any changes regularly.

What techniques does The Radcliff use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Our staff stays with the residents during meal time to offer support as needed and to encourage proper food and liquid intake.

How does The Radcliff keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Describe the neighborhood around The Radcliff. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are located in Wood Dale Il (tree city) our location is among a dining and business setting in the residential area of Wood Dale.

Is The Radcliff affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We are closest to Alexian Brothers and Elmhurst hospitals.

Costs for The Radcliff

Photos of The Radcliff

Services and Amenities of The Radcliff

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites.
  • Housing Extra: Shared Living

About The Radcliff

The Radcliff is a six-floor, 150-unit residence offering over 160,000 square feet of living space. Ideally nestled in the central western suburbs with great proximity to public transportation and major highways, The Radcliff stands apart with its unmatched combination of luxury, urban living and a hotel-like environment.

The Radcliff's first floor living space has a luxurious welcoming décor including three crystal chandeliers, comfortable living room couches and loveseats, and digital screens touting a wide array of interactive programs and events held for residents.

Walking into The Radcliff, guests are greeted with a voluminous two-story foyer with a concierge's desk that boasts marble and imported Italian tile, much like an upscale downtown Chicago hotel. The first floor living space has a luxurious welcoming décor including three crystal chandeliers, comfortable living room couches and loveseats, along with digital screens touting a wide array of interactive programs and events held for residents of The Radcliff. Other amenities include:

Three large community meeting and dining areas including formal and private dining rooms as well as a garden eatery 12 shared living room areas with comfortable couches and love seats to stretch out or socialize

Full service hair salon offering cuts, colorings, pedi/mani, and massages

Weekly outside activities and entertainment from singers, musicians, and other performers

A dedicated library area for readers to get lost in a classic or the latest fiction novel

An arts & crafts room customized with activities based on seniors' interests & abilities

Transportation to wherever you want to go -- to malls, doctors' appointments, shopping, or church

• Meals Provided