River Glen of St. Charles

Reviews of River Glen of St. Charles

Assisted Living Reviews for River Glen of St. Charles

October 28, 2015

By Lyn14

I love Delnor Glen Senior Living. I get 10 meals a month for free. I also get a free membership to the wellness center. There are quite a few things actually.

February 20, 2014

By 1 Loving Daughter

My mother lived at Delnor Glen for about a year and a half. The facility is lovely; the food is good. Most of the staff is kind, friendly and helpful. The one problem we had was with the "caregivers", who could have been much better. In one instance my mother was prescribed a new medication. I asked the nurse more than once how Mom was handling it and was always told things were good. When I got the pharmacy bill a month later I discovered the prescription had never been ordered. (If the nurse had actually considered my question she probably would have realized this.) On another occasion my mother was supposed to medicated before a procedure. She left for the hospital before the drug was administered. (Her memory is failing which is why we pay to have someone else handle her meds.) Delnor Glen staff did not call the hospital to let them know that she'd missed getting her medication, nor did they inform the family. It was only after we learned of problems with the procedure that we asked if she'd had the meds and found out she'd not received them. Another time when she was taken to the hospital by ambulance her paperwork (DNR, etc) could not be located and we did not know she had been admitted to ICU until she was able to speak with a nurse the following day and have us called. These are just a few problems that come quickly to mind. I also didn't appreciate the condescending tone the nurse and aids used with my college-educated mother. I doubt she did, either. All-in-all, if one is independent and in good health Delnor Glen would be a lovely place to live. If one needs assistance, I recommend looking elsewhere. We moved my mother to a community that offered better care.

February 23, 2012

By BERNS001

Delnor Glen has a very beautiful set-up, including their landscaping. I felt that I would be pleased myself to become part of their community. Their program, as far as I could tell, provided not only a wonderful living situation that seemed just like a wonderful home setting, but also provided many opportunities for my grandma to participate in activities that would please her, and provide her with the socialization that any person would desire! I also found that all of the staff members were extremely friendly and made all of us feel that we were at home and desired to be there. I would highly recommend their services. My grandma chose a different facility, but if it was up to me, we would have chosen this place for sure. It really almost made me look forward to becoming a resident myself! If you are looking for assisted living in this area I highly recommend Delnor Glen.

June 30, 2011

By GuiCyber

This facility is not too bad. The fact that the residents get help with their teeth or any other grooming shows that they are well cared for and not just left to their own devices. The staff and facility seem to have scheduled activities for the residents, so the their stay is not monotonous. The residents also have a lot of help to get things done, for instance they have assistance for when they want to shower and if there is an appointment that they need to make. There is someone there ready to take them where they need to go. This facility is quite pleasant, and with a friendly staff, it really makes the stay very nice. Highly recommended to anyone looking for an assisted living facility for their loved ones.

Costs for River Glen of St. Charles

Photos of River Glen of St. Charles

Services and Amenities of River Glen of St. Charles

• Condos Townhomes

• Pets: Yes

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

• About River Glen of St. Charles

Warm, fun, caring and friendly…

It’s River Glen.

River Glen of St. Charles is a senior living community offering all the comforts of home. Residents in our assisted living and memory care neighborhoods enjoy beautiful apartments, three meals a day served restaurant-style in our dining room, and a choice of engaging daily activities and entertainment—just an average day at River Glen. Independent townhomes at River Glen also provide a safe, secure and intimate community lifestyle to call home.

Map of River Glen of St. Charles