Villas of Holly Brook - Effingham

Reviews of Villas of Holly Brook - Effingham

Assisted Living Reviews for Villas of Holly Brook - Effingham

December 10, 2015

By Visitor7

The Villas of Hollybrook is a brand-new facility that opened this summer. Pretty much all the rooms were filled when it was still under construction. They had different prices depending on the size of the rooms or whether you wanted an extra bedroom instead of just one room. The room we saw had a bed in it and a closet, which couldn't hold half of my wife's clothes. It was a nice facility and well managed. I have some friends in there, but we were just looking ahead of time to see our options. I don't like the fact that it's on concrete slab; that would pretty much eliminate me from living there. I've lived on concrete before when I was a lot younger, and I just don't like it.

November 30, 2015

I have a relative who is in The Villas of Holly Brook. It's very subdued and kept up nicely. They have nice-looking nurses and CNAs. It's quality for the price. The food is not that great, though. They recently changed ownership and changed the way they prepare their food, and it's not nearly as good or appetizing. They're all private rooms. They've got choices of one-, two- or three-bedroom units, and nobody shares a room. It's like an apartment. You pick out the size you want based on the availability and what you need and how much you can spend. They have several activities, i.e., singing group from town comes, bingo, and exercise classes. If they can afford it, that's the best of that type of facility. They also help with medication.

June 04, 2013

By happy 10

I have visited this facility the staff was very friendly and helpful.. answered all questions we asked.. we even had a free meal. the facility is gorgeous. I would definitely recommend this place to a friend...everyone including staff and residents seemed to be happy that this was were they lived and worked...very compassionate.. residents and staff interacted like family....I spoke to several residents they could not say enough about this place food and how helpful the staff is...

June 24, 2012

By cjw92

The staff was less than up to par. The facility its self is beautiful and no doubt a wonderful place to live aside from the staff which I found to be less than friendly as well as not very attentive to the people's needs. I feel they could really do a better job on their interview and hiring process to get more friendly staffing who may be a little more able to care for elderly people. They just seemed very cold. They do have a gorgeous tv room and dining area for the residents. As well as the apartments themselves being beautiful. The staff seems to keep it fairly clean in their apartments. The people living there seemed happy enough and still cared for even with not very friendly people doing so. They do have a nice circular type structure to the building which would be good for the ones who like to wonder around. All-in all it is a beautiful facility just needs better staff.

Questions about Villas of Holly Brook - Effingham

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Villas of Holly Brook - Effingham. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age of our residents is 80. They enjoy card games, BINGO and outings to favorite restaurants.

What programs or activities does Villas of Holly Brook - Effingham offer to enrich residents' well-being?

On any day, you can find a group playing cards, putting a puzzle together or watching a favorite movie in the theater. Residents have a variety of activities they can choose from throughout the month.

What places are near Villas of Holly Brook - Effingham or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Residents can enjoy short walks up and down the sidewalk or enjoy our enclosed courtyard.

What transportation services does Villas of Holly Brook - Effingham offer to assisted living residents?

We provide transportation to medical appointments in town or for outings and errands.

What makes the chef or dining program at Villas of Holly Brook - Effingham exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our dining services caters to the choices of our residents as well as opportunities to be introduced to new items planned by our dining department.

What safety features or security measures does Villas of Holly Brook - Effingham offer to assisted living residents?

Our community screens visitors and also locks the doors at scheduled times. We also provide emergency pendants to all residents to provide peace of mind in the event of an emergency.

How does Villas of Holly Brook - Effingham keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Communication is regular with our management team and families based on the various needs of our individual residents. Families are always welcome to call or stop in to have any questions answered.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our staff are trained upon hire as well as throughout the year as required.

Costs for Villas of Holly Brook - Effingham

Photos of Villas of Holly Brook - Effingham

Services and Amenities of Villas of Holly Brook - Effingham

• Pets: Yes

• Get Costs

About Villas of Holly Brook - Effingham

Villas of Holly Brook- Effingham offers a caring atmosphere, an active community, and a comfortable, secure lifestyle for our residents.

Each member of our community enjoys the opportunity to 'live life their way'. Our valued residents enjoy assistance when required, and freedom when desired. Residency includes a complete array of services and accommodations.

What We Offer:

• Companion & Private Room Accommodations
    • Furnished/Unfurnished, as desired
    • On-site Beauty Salon & Barber Shop
    • Cable TV Available in All Rooms
    • Private Bath in Each Room w/ Step-In Showers
    • Complete Dining Program (3 Meals & Snacks Daily)
    • Special Diets as needed/required