Capitol Care and Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of Capitol Care and Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Capitol Care and Rehabilitation Center

November 22, 2014

By Al14

Apex Center is very nice. They had an immediate opening for my dad and they took his health care at the time so it was quite easy to get there. They seemed to have gone through a couple of changes of employees. The staff right now is really nice; they seem to care for my dad as well. He seems to like the food a lot. He’s in a room by himself. It has a bed, a chair, a chest of drawers, and his own bathroom.

June 12, 2012

By anonymous110

When driving into the parking lot of this facility, it appeared to be clean and well maintained. There were seperate fenced yards with lush green grass and a daycare facility on site. The vehicle kept in front that was obviously used to transport patients, seemed to be well kept and safe. Upon entering this facility, I noticed a large group of residents gathered in rows in front of the television. It was a beautiful day outside, not too cold and not too hot. I asked one of the employees why all of the residents were inside when it was such a beautiful day out. I was shocked when told, none of the residents were allowed to leave the building for any reason, unless escorted by family or by employees taking them to an appointment. I asked one of the residents how they felt about living in this facility and was told the food was not very good and it made her sick every day. I asked this resident if she had told anyone the food has made her sick and she said yes, but they won't do anything to change it. The rooms were small, two people lived in most of their rooms and none of them provided privacy between the two residents. The employees put on a happy face for me that day as I was potential money for the facility, but I suspect by the interaction between them and the residents, this is not always the case. The building was stuffy and had a foul odor to it. I was given the explanation that one of the residents had an accident just prior to my arrival, but the smell seemed to linger on through each hall. The nurses smelled like cigarette smoke, but I was told this was a non-smoking facility and that if residents smoke prior to residency would need to quit. The facility stated they would seek approval from the residents primary physician for a nicotine patch upon arrival if needed. While there a resident asked kindly for an employee to assist her to the bathroom and was asked to wait a minute, as we walked further down the hall she was finally taken 20 minutes later. The daycare center viewed when driving around the facility was closed off and I was told the children rarely ever visit with the residents. Pets were not allowed even though some find having pets inside a facility such as this one can be therapeutic for the residents. The nurses in this facility appeared stressed, overworked and underappreciated. The facility did not seem to have enough employees to assidt the large amount of residents housed in this stuffy, closed off building. The prices were comparable to some of the other facilities in the area. Needless to say I did not choose this facility as I do not believe it is supportive of the wellness of their residents. I would much rather pay a little more for a facility that is better staffed and is able to promote healing and wellness through activities that are appreciated by the members of the senior citizen community.

Services and Amenities of Capitol Care and Rehabilitation Center

About Capitol Care and Rehabilitation Center

Capitol Care and Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Boise, Idaho that offers residents Nursing Homes and Nursing Homes. Contact Capitol Care and Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Capitol Care and Rehabilitation Center