Sunabella at Savannah

Reviews of Sunabella at Savannah

Memory Care Reviews for Sunabella at Savannah

October 28, 2013

By BlueJacket

My dad was placed in this facility last year. Upon arrival he was in moderate -good condition. The facility was clean, well-run, residents well cared for and the food was nutritious and plentiful. After he was there six months, the director left. The new management is inexperienced and hard to get in contact with. He lost an extraordinary amount of weight. His room was filthy, and often times he was unkempt. Plenty of times I arrived to visit with no staff in sight and residents needing to toilet. When questioned, I was often told it was an "off" day. I also asked about the extreme weight loss and heard every excuse from "it's just the disease" to "he's walking it off" (highly unlikely). Every time I visited him, he was seated at a table (usually alone) in the dining hall with no interaction or stimulation. I truly believe the kept him continually drugged so he would be less to deal with .....and he wasn't the only one. I saw several residents I believe were basically being "warehoused" for lack of a better word. I watched my dads condition plummet. It wasn't until I saw that his main meal consisted of less than what a 10 yr summer camp child would eat, that I realized why he had such a great weight loss as well as the other residents. When I proceeded to move him to another (better) facility, I was met with hostility from the staff, including a lack of cooperation in obtaining his personal records, and a proper and agreeable termination of his contract. After I did get him moved a resident "eloped" (obviously because there's not enough staff to pay attention to them and make sure doors are locked) and was found in the marsh behind the facility hours later by the police department. Luckily they found him in time. It was no surprise to me and all I could think was that could've been my dad. I would certainly search other facilities in the area before I would settle for this one.

August 13, 2012

By sue5

My husband was at Savannah Cottages for ten months and I was very happy with the community and its caregivers. I became a part of the family, because I spent so much time there, was even volunteer of the year. Even though I brought my husband home to care for him, I have nothing but good things to say about them.

January 03, 2012

By virtual reader

I visited this facility and noticed how beautiful the outdoor setting was. There was ample parking for staff and visitors. When I walked into the facility I noticed how friendly the staff were. I was given a tour and noticed the facility offers private and semi private rooms. Each room has ample space with their own bath. There is a large library, many activities offered and Savannah Cottage offers transportation to any resident that would like to be driven shopping, to their doctor's appointments, etc. There is a large dinning room and the facility offers 3 meals. There are walkways outside for residents and visitors to stroll around and enjoy the fresh air and Savannah Cottage is pet friendly.

November 18, 2011

By healthcareconsultant

I visited Savannah Cottages. In general I thought that Savannah Cottages was a great place. The grounds of the facility are well manicured. The common areas of the facility are nice; it gives you a feeling of home. During holidays the facility is decorated very festive. The residents' rooms are kept cleaned and odor free. The residents are always encouraged to bring items that will add a personal touch to their rooms. The staff and management of the facility are great. I am especially impressed with the Activities Director. She makes sure that she engages with the residence. She is very creative when it comes to activities. I think the residents get great care there. While I was there, I noticed that the residence was clean and they seemed very comfortable in their surroundings. I would recommend it to family members that is looking for a comfortable and home like environment to place their love one.
See all Memory Care reviews (8) See fewer reviews

Questions about Sunabella at Savannah

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Specialized training program.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

24/7 staff. Nurse on-site.

Costs for Sunabella at Savannah

• Home Sale Assistance

• Staff Patient Ratio: 5 To 1 Daytime, 8 To 1 Nighttime
  • Pets: No Pets Allowed

About Sunabella at Savannah

Sunabella at Savannah has grown from a single facility investment to become one of the Southeast Region’s leader in senior living solutions for an unpretentious reason: we help people age well. We do this by carrying forward a unique set of family values from our founders. Their values have inspired our staff to meet the rapidly changing needs of America’s aging population with a culture of service and caring that is unmatched in the industry.

Your loved one’s safety is of utmost importance to us. Once you start feeling like your loved one has more specialized needs that aren’t being met, it’s a good time to investigate whether you or your loved one could benefit from memory care. Memory Care is a specialized facility program unit at Insignia that’s structured, licensed, and staffed to handle the increased demands of caring for residents with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia.

We go beyond clinical care. We train and adapt our care associates behavior to our residents needs. We create neighborhood environments where no one is left behind.

Map of Sunabella at Savannah